“Not directly in the airport.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Sydney, Australia
“Not directly in the airport.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's called Quality hotel Melbourne Airport, although it is located 5 minutes away from the Airport.. However, called the hotel and had a free Shuttle bus come to pick us up from the airport within minutes! Once We arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff. The use of free wifi was great! The room was a little outdated but very clean, with a very confortable bed and gave us just what we needed for a good nights rest. Did not get a chance to use the car parking facility but they offer a rate of $7 per night which will be taken into consideration next time round. I highly reccomend this hotel if your after a goodnights sleep for a overnights stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bobby L, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for chosing Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport.
Thank you very much for your Kind Feedback.
We hope to see you again shortly. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here one night before my trip to Fiji, this hotel is just brilliant! I loved the location and room! I booked a standard room but on check in the lovely girl at reception provided me with a complementary upgrade to a exec Room, This room was beautiful.
The staff at reception really go out of their way for their guests.
the decor of the restaurant was beautiful and my compliments go to the chef. Everything was just perfect! Will definitely be staying there again and recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The new Exec Rooms are just beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to Thank you for chosing Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport.
Thank you very much for your Kind Feedback.
We hope to see you again shortly. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were so helpful and friendly, went out of their way to help as we had not been to Melbourne before. They provided a free shuttle bus to and from the airport and took us as soon as we were ready. The rooms are basic but clean, neat and spacious.The food in the dining room and the bar area was lovely. Would definately stay again and recommend them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bobby L, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for chosing Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport. Thank you very much for your Feedback, Your satisfaction is important to us.

I will pass this message on to my staff as it is always nice when their hard work gets noticed, thank you very much for your time and we hope to see you again shortly. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Charged $385 for a standard room!! When i booked this place i was told 10% of the $185 would be deducted from my credit card. The next day the entire $185 was taken! Needless to say i was mad. When i arrived the next week for my 1 night stay i was told that i was required to pay a $200 room bond incase i damaged the room or a neighboring apartment complained about my noise etc. NOBODY told me this when i booked in!!! I had to lend money from a family member as i did not have a spare $200 on my card to be deducted. When i checked out at 9 the next morning i had to re-present the card for the refund. I fetched my cousins card and was THEN informed that she needed to come and sign the EFT receipt (FOR A REFUND!!!) I was told the $200 would be back (GUARANTEED) by 2pm this afternoon. It's almost 9pm now and the $200 has not been given back to my cousin..!! I am furious with this place and would NEVER go there again. I would not recommend this place, god only knows what other hidden fees they hit unsuspecting guests with!! Also, did i mention the front reception staff member who was more interested in complaining about the (and i quote) "lazy cleaning staff" than with getting feedback from me the customer. The spa is in the middle of the bedroom with no enclosure and is so shallow that (as a woman) you are left exposed and feel the need to draw the blinds completely so that no one can see you. AWFUL, AWFUL HOTEL. I have no idea how it ever managed to get it's current 4 star rating!??!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I do apologize that the room you stayed in didn’t meet your requirements.
Management will like to follow up this matter further, if you can provide us with your details and the dates you stayed so we can take the proper action required.

Again, our deepest apology goes to you and appreciate your feedback in this matter.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 03 9335 9300.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is great! Large rooms, comfy beds and quiet location. The hotel provuides a free shuttle bus to the airport and it's ideal for travellers who will be returning to Melbourne because the hotel provides freally cheap parking ($7/day) and will even pick you up at the airport to take you back to your car. Very friendly service, reasonable rates and I'll definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are probably quieter. Also, the car parking area is locked overnight...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your for taking out time and we hope to see you again shortly. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Last night I checked my wife, mother-in-law and sister-in-law into the Quality Hotel at Tullamarine. They were travelling onto the USA the next morning and I was heading back to Perth that night. It was my wifes birthday so I also booked a table at the hotel restaurant (which i will review separately).

The check in staff were very friendly and helpful (they happily explained how and where I could return the hire car and where my local sister-in-law could park). As my MIL has trouble walking, they upgraded the group to a ground floor room at no charge. The room itself was amazing, nice decor and very quiet with french doors out to the central courtyard and the room was large with a queen size bed plus a single bed plus a kitchenette. Linen was clean and crisp and complemented the decor.

My wife let it slip at check in that it was her birthday. The staff must have alerted the restaurant to this fact as the waitress produced a complimentary bottle of champagne with our dinner.

Such a refreshing encounter just a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of one of Australia's largest airports. Melbourne really is the hospitality benchmark for Australia!

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

First of all, On behalf of our entire team, please wish your wife a Happy Birthday from us, Hope she had a wonderful day. I would like to thank you for chosing Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport. Thank you very much for your Feedback.

We Hope to see you again shortly, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Bendigo, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The place is clean, in a convenient location for the airport, the rooms are dated, basic, but clean.
It is also a quiet environment - so usually a good sleep is guaranteed. I was there during a really warm night and the air conditioning in my room was too old to make a difference. The room stayed unbearable and uncomfortably hot. Called reception and after an employee checked the situation I was moved to another room. They seem to be installing new aircons/heaters. I would recommend to check the room first.
Same dated decor, but also room big enough and clean, so no problems there.
The people working there are friendly and do offer customer service.
Having said that, I think I prefer Best Western Airport Motel (a bit further down the road). Rooms are bit more modern and facilities better.
Nevertheless: not a bad place to stay, shuttle bus was efficient, although on my way back I had to call several times to be picked up. Parking your car long term is also possible.
Compare prices and decide where to spend the night before an early departure.

Room Tip: Check the room heater/aircon before accepting the room, just in case.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for chosing Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport. Thank you very much for your Feedback.
we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We have already had most of the old air conditioners taken out and replaced with New ones, its Feed back like yours which helps us act faster.
I will pass this message on to my staff as it is always nice when their hard work gets noticed, It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Ciloms Airport Lodge
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel & Convention Centre
Quest Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine

Been to Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!