“I got what I paid for.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I got what I paid for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is quite an expensive hotel. But having stayed at other Parkroyal hotels before with good experience, I decided to give it a go during our short stopover at the Melbourne airport.

The staff: efficient and professional. I had requested for a baby cot, and at check-in, the cot was already in the room as expected. The check-in process was smooth, easy and fast - a huge plus for our late arrival whereby we just wanted to sleep. The bed was large and comfortable, and the bathroom was sparkling. The best thing was that the room was well-insulated, so it was nice and quiet despite being at the airport. We slept very well indeed. The wakeup call was prompt and we got to our plane well-rested and happy. Best of all, the baby got some much needed sleep. The checkout was fast and trouble free as well.

Thank you for being well run, professional and efficient. I certainly enjoyed my stay and will choose Parkroyal again for any late night stopovers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie O
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Melanie O,
Thank you for choosing stay with us and taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read you and your family enjoyed your stay, in particular our quiet rooms and the efficient and professional service our staff provided.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next fly out.
Craig Syphers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Wangaratta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night on our honeymoon before flying off to Vietnam. The convenience of staying within the airport grounds is fantastic. We're first time international travelers so to be able to wander over at our leisure and find our way round was great. Our room was super clean and the bed comfortable. The shower had lots of hot water and grest flow.its surprisingly quiet. .not a sound from the airport or traffic. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vhahne
Dear vhahne,
Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay.
Once again, congratulations and best wishes.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed here the night before we flew out for our honeymoon. The travel agent had obviously said this was part of our honeymoon and the staff congratulated us and upgraded our room. When we got to the room they had left us a bottle of champagne and a plate of strawberries which was just so unexpected.

We didn't stay at this hotel for long but I would not hesitate in booking it again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adsaus
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Adsaus,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read your positive feedback and am so glad enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I will certainly pass it onto the team.
Once again, congratulations and best wishes.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Whenever I stayed at hotels my base expectations are set really low. What I'm looking for is a hotel that is very very close to the airport but is reasonably priced and most importantly is clean and super quiet. Parkroyal ticks all these boxes. Comfortable bed, very clean room, hot showers, flushing toilets, easy checkin formalities, is literally on the other side of the pickup road running along the airport, and super quiet. The only thing that was a slight disappointment was the quality of the transmission signal to the TV which was unpleasant to watch... but other than that - this airport hotel comes highly recommended for ticking all the boxes for what a hotel airport should deliver. Thanks Parkroyal.

Room Tip: high floor facing away from the airport side and far from the lift wells is highly recommended. less...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ThrillingMe
Dear ThrillingMe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers.
I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay, in particular our great location within the airport and hotel facilities. Rest assured I have noted your comment regarding the TV and will pass your feedback onto our Engineering Department.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and recommending us to all future travelers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hi, I am writing a review for this hotel although I didn't stay there. My girlfriend stayed there on Valentines Day which was a business trip. I was at work in Queensland. I wanted to do something really special her but we were far apart. I called the hotel and they were so helpful. We arranged some rose petals leading to a heart shape on the bed. When my girlfriend arrived, she thought it was the wrong room. It was so special and I wanted to thank the staff there for assisting me in making this a really special occasion. She really enjoyed the hotel as well.
Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LovinOz
Dear Paul B,
Thank you for posting a review regarding your girlfriend’s recent stay.
I was delighted to read your positive feedback and your girlfriend enjoyed her stay in the hotel. I will certainly pass your great feedback onto the team to congratulate them on a job well done.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night very convenient for early morning flight. Motel very clean and has lovely linen and modern amenities. Had room service dinning and menu was very comprehensive. Price was a little over the top @ $350+ for the evening!! Stay was very comfortable and location could not be better for access to airport..

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank livefornextholiday
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear livefornextholiday,
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, in particular our convenient location within the airport.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. The team and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Guisborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is pretty standard 4* corporate style hotel - we had a good sized room - with every facility incl mini bar and fridge. It is more expensive than the other onsite airport hotel but we wanted to treat ourselves on the last night of our holiday as well as be onsite for an early morning flight - rather than cope with the Melbourne rush hour traffic

It is conveniently located opposite the terminals and right next door to the car rental returns - so no long haul with heavy luggage

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GuisboroughJeff
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear GuisboroughJeff,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you and your family enjoyed your stay, in particular our handy location within the terminal and car rental returns.
The team and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Craig Syphers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!