“Great service”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Australia
“Great service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hi, I am writing a review for this hotel although I didn't stay there. My girlfriend stayed there on Valentines Day which was a business trip. I was at work in Queensland. I wanted to do something really special her but we were far apart. I called the hotel and they were so helpful. We arranged some rose petals leading to a heart shape on the bed. When my girlfriend arrived, she thought it was the wrong room. It was so special and I wanted to thank the staff there for assisting me in making this a really special occasion. She really enjoyed the hotel as well.
Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LovinOz
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Paul B,
Thank you for posting a review regarding your girlfriend’s recent stay.
I was delighted to read your positive feedback and your girlfriend enjoyed her stay in the hotel. I will certainly pass your great feedback onto the team to congratulate them on a job well done.
Craig Syphers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night very convenient for early morning flight. Motel very clean and has lovely linen and modern amenities. Had room service dinning and menu was very comprehensive. Price was a little over the top @ $350+ for the evening!! Stay was very comfortable and location could not be better for access to airport..

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank livefornextholiday
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear livefornextholiday,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, in particular our convenient location within the airport.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. The team and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is pretty standard 4* corporate style hotel - we had a good sized room - with every facility incl mini bar and fridge. It is more expensive than the other onsite airport hotel but we wanted to treat ourselves on the last night of our holiday as well as be onsite for an early morning flight - rather than cope with the Melbourne rush hour traffic

It is conveniently located opposite the terminals and right next door to the car rental returns - so no long haul with heavy luggage

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GuisboroughJeff
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear GuisboroughJeff,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you and your family enjoyed your stay, in particular our handy location within the terminal and car rental returns.
The team and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed there overnight after 23 hour flight the UK. We arrived late at night and got a speedy check-in. The room was good and so was the breakfast the next day. After breakfast I went off to get the hired car from the hire company and left my wife to check out. When she rang down for a porter to collect our 2 bags and 2 golf bags she was told, she would have to bring them down to the lobby herself as there were no porters available.

I arrived back with our hired car to find her dragging our bags out to the front from the lobby.
The hotel apologised and said a porter had called in sick and left them short staffed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ray P
Dear Ray P,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I was disappointed to hear your check out experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies and I can assure you that your experience is not of our usual standard and I will follow up on the feedback you have provided. I was glad to read there were many aspects of your stay that you were happy with, including our rooms and the breakfast offered in Airo restaurant.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We only stayed overnight, but what a lovely stay. We were on our return trip from Cyprus, after a long delay in Abu Dhabi we missed our flight connection in Melbourne, so Eithad airways booked us into the Park Royal, ready for our flight the following day. We arrived quite late, but the reception staff had us booked in very quickly and organised room service as the restaurant had closed. The room was quiet, large, very comfortable. Great bathroom with all the ammenties. Beautiful big bed, perfect for a nights rest,and the hotel is only minutes walk from the terminal.
Breakfast the following morning was buffet style and had a great selection.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay at the Park Royal

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pam W
Dear Pam W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read you had a lovely stay in the hotel. I will certainly pass your great feedback onto the team.
Once again, thank you for recommending us to all future travelers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
West kelowna
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The location is excellent . You basically walk out of the hotel and onto the skywalk and you are at the airport. The room is spacious, the bathroom large. The actual room is very spartan. The carpet looked liked it could be replaced.. very worn in areas. A good cost of paint would have brighten the room . Linens and towels good. Staff attentive. This is now our second time in a Park Royal hotel. I sense that interior design is "minimalist" both in the rooms and common areas.
This location works well for business travellers and anyone taking an early am flight out. Ate a light dinner at their "pub" location . Good portions. Did not have their buffet breakfast ..grabbed something at airport . Good blackout blinds to block out light and noise from airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Canada55plus,
I am pleased there were many aspects of your stay that you were happy with, including our convenient location within the airport, spacious bathroom and rooms. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback onto the team.
Once again, thank you so much for providing your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The ParkRoyal is literally 5 minutes walk from the terminal via covered walkway at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport so super convenient but it is so quiet and comfortable I did not feel it was at a major international airport. There is a range of dining options and the staff are exceptionally friendly to assist. The Airo Bar is a relaxed alternative to the Restaurant with an excellent food and drinks menu.

Rooms are designed for the business traveller with spacious desk and easy internet options.
Great for a relaxing night before an early morning flight or to catch up with business associates.

Room Tip: Western side of hgher floors (6 and above) have good views over the airport and sunset if you are in...