2,761 results
All reviews runway view melbourne airport airo restaurant covered walkway across the road an early flight express checkout room service next morning international flight comfortable bed family room convenient location an upgrade buffet breakfast between flights mini bar
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed in the Parkroyal between a late night flight and an afternoon flight. The reception staff were extremely helpful (particularly Umesh) and I was able to arrange a late check out which meant the layover was very comfortable.
Rooms are clean. Room service is a little bit slow and not everything arrived but this was fixed up very quickly.
The fantastic gym and swimming pool kept scrupulously clean by Sylvester were a pleasure to use not least because of this staff member's respectful manner and friendly helpfulness.
Check in and out were smooth. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Ros B,
Thank you for choosing stay with us and sharing your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and our staff were able to assist. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here last minute and can I say the bathrobes are the most comfortable I've ever seen in a hotel! The staff were professional during the time their complimentary internet connection didn't work for the evening - this was unfortunate and not suitable. The room and hotel is otherwise what you'd expect of a 5* airport hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear reportingtravel,
Thank you for choosing stay with us and sharing your experience with your fellow travelers.
I was glad to read you appreciated our convenient location and our comfortable bathrobes. I was however disappointed to hear internet was not working for you that night. Please accept my sincerely apologies; I can assure you that your experience is not of our usual standard.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Parkroyal is so convenient when I have an early flight or a very late arrival. As I am a widow, I can only afford to stay there if I have someone to share with, but I feel like a queen when I do. Lovely breakfast with smiling helpful staff. Check-in excellent. This time I left a pair of valued earrings in the bathroom - valued because they 'go' with everything. Spoke to the very helpful Anna in housekeeping. She rang to say the earrings were found, and today they arrived by post at no extra cost. Well done Parkroyal staff ! Many thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Polly3380,
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff were able to assist you. I will certainly be passing on your positive feedback to our team.
Once again, thank you for the great feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Enjoyed our night here before an early flight. From the moment you walk in you notice everything is clean. Check-in was a little ho-hum with the gentleman almost robotic, but hey they are saying the same things many times a day. We weren't made to feel special at all though. The lobby and the hallways smelt fresh. We opted for a runway view, and weren't disappointed. We were on the 8th floor, and the view was fantastic. We sat watching the planes until quite late (not a good idea for a 6.00am flight...haha) We walked across to the terminal and had dinner at PJ O'Briens, so I'm not sure what the food is like. The room had a bath as well as a seperate shower with a glass door. No yukky shower curtain....another tick for this place. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Runway View Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Curious_Linda

Dear Curious_Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
I was glad to read you overall enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the fantastic runway views.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you next fly out.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

After staying in country Victorian motels for a few nights we decided to stay at the airport to avoid an early morning drive. Everything was as you would expect from this type of hotel; well appointed room, good service and comfortable surroundings.

When we compared the country motels at $145 per night to the Parkroyal, right next to the airport, at $205, this was great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy E

Dear Andy E,
Thank you for choosing stay with us and sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers.
I was pleased to read you had a great stay with us, in particular our convenient location.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.