“Great stay”

PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had my doubts when I choose to stay at the airport, of the noise and the quality of the hotel. But I stand corrected. This hotel is highly recommended if you want to stay near the airport. The check-in is the fast I've experienced. They provide free wifi and complimentary water if we subscribe to their loyalty membership.

There is a weird smell in the room and bathroom but that dies not bother our stay. The bed is so comfortable. They could provide breakfast delivered to your room if you have a morning flight. And we have a good sleep with no disturbance from the sounds from the airport, however you can hear the sounds from the corridor quite well.

They could provide a prtacot for your baby which I would not recommend, as it is from steel which could be dangerous for your baby if they bump into it.

Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear RosariChia,
Thank you for choosing stay with us and sharing your positive experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you overall had a great stay with us, in particular our great location, loyalty membership and our comfortable beds.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed here previously when it was the Hilton and recently as the Parkroyal. This is a good airport hotel based on cleanness, ease of check in and out, room quietness and darkness. Late serving bar also gets points.

As the Parkroyal I arrived late (around 10 pm) and check in was a breeze, room was on the non runway side, quite clean. As I had an early flight multpule alarms from both hotel and my electronics got me there on time.

1  Thank Europeoz

Dear Europeoz,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
As a return guest, I was pleased to read you had a good stay in the hotel; I am also pleased we were able to assist you in making your flight on time.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great check-in, great gym, great room
I found the stay there outstanding. I would recommend staying there.
Clean, fresh
The gym area is great as well, plus there is a pool.
One can be at the airport in minutes -
Full marks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear mystical18,
Thank you so much for sharing you excellent experience with your fellow travelers. I was so glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.
Once again, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay in a lot of airport hotels over the years and usually they are just fine for those early flights the next morning...but some are just nicer than others and this is one of them. This hotel is so close to the airport, just across the street really so you don't have any shuttles to worry about. Up the elevator to the 4th floor and check in is quick and very friendly (have I said how friendly Australians are?) and to another set of elevators to my room. It amazed me how soundproof those windows are and the view of the airport is really cool as you work - you can see the planes taking off while you work at your desk.

A large room with everything you would need at hand including one of the softest bathrobes I have ever felt and slippers, really nice large bath amenities, a quiet sleep, a good breakfast the next morning...what more do you need?

Dear ICanTravelPanama,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive comments on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your excellent feedback with my team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your great experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport when you next visit Australia.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Friends & I had a pleasant stay the night before our overseas holiday.
Reception Staff - Great Friendly Service
Bar Staff - Great Cocktails
Resturant Staff - Great Recommendations
Chef's - Great Food loved my steak

The location of PARKROYAL @ Melbourne Airport couldn't be any closer to the Airport or the Planes. You get the best view of the planes on runway taking off & landing, but you must be on the 9th floor (highest floor)
You get what you pay for, you can't put a price on location, position & experience. The best airport hotel in the world !!
Like MasterCard says "Priceless"

Thank You for a great start to out fantastic Holiday.

Just make sure you have enough time for the Buffet Breakfast !!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pridan

Dear Pridan,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with your fellow travelers.
I was pleased to read you and your friend had a pleasant stay in the hotel.
We trust you had a fantastic holiday and look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL when you next fly out.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here because we had an early flight out the next day. Room was nice, two double beds for my husband and I and the two children. Views over the runway were great. Downstairs bar was fantastic and service was prompt and with a smile. The gym facilities were amazing and the pool was also nice. Only criticism was that the shower could have been cleaner. However the bathroom did have a full size bath and separate shower which was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Loretta R

Dear Watchdog146,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you and your family enjoyed your stay, in particular our great location and the hotel facilities. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback onto our Housekeeping team to follow up.
The team and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for the last night of our trip to Melbourne, due to an early departure the next morning. Absolutely perfect for this sort of thing, although I think it would be a bit difficult for a holiday, as you are a way out of town.

Comfy bed, and the room was really clean and warm. We ate in the restaurant downstairs, which was a good meal. Also noteworthy... The room was quiet, and I don't think we heard any aircraft noise at all. Would have been keen for sleep in, but the plane was calling!

Only drawback was that I hoped to get a fantastic view of Melbourne's city lights, but it was a bit disappointing, as a bit far away!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mcfaddendr,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers.
I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel facilities, in particular our great beds and quiet rooms.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.
Craig Syphers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Ciloms Airport Lodge
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!