PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
$102
Quest Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$117
$107
Hotels.com
$124
$115
Agoda.com
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$131
$110
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$151
$73
$116
$101
2,570 results
All reviewsrunway viewmelbourne airportairo restaurantcovered walkwayacross the roadexpress checkoutan early flightroom servicenext morningshort walkinternational flightcomfortable bedgood sizefamily rooman upgradeconvenient locationbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a quick change over from Brisbane to Auckland via Melbourne and stayed overnight at the Park Royal. The room was lovely and it was a pity I arrived very late and left at 5am, next time I will stay longer. Food from room service was average, otherwise I enjoyed my stay. Recommend for overnight stays to others.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the airport ....wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vic_Traveller_8
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Vic_Traveller_8,

Thank you for spending time to share your review and recommending us to your fellow travellers.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your short stay with us, our lovely rooms and convenient location.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed here over the past few years and noticed a steady decline in some areas of this hotel. This last visit I was staying on level 6 facing the terminal and if aircraft engines, taxi horns and noises generally associated with the operation of an airport don't phase you then this is your room. The opposite side of the hotel,generally more peaceful,faces a car park and distance city views.The room walls have that thin feeling. Door slamming due to poor design (adjustment) will work if the wake up alarm fails.

The shower may or may not be cleaned properly, this visit I found dirty corners throughout the shower area. The hallway carpet on more than one level was well and truly in need of replacing. I notice as I sit in the room the stains on the office chair. No surprises Internet isn't free in the room and the tv and remote were designed for making a cup of tea between channel changing, yawn.

The heating/cooling thermostat has intrigued me over the years as it bares no reference to what you get, for example it was set to 5 degrees Celsius prior to me entering the room, the outdoor temperature was 9 degrees Celsius, go figure. I have set it to 20-21 in the past thinking that's what will happen, not, it either roasts you or chills your nose!

On a positive note, the iPod dock works unlike some hit and miss hotels, the front counter staff are generally organised and the bar staff try hard.

Room Tip: car park side rooms quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wquick

Dear wquick,

Thank you for spending time to post your review. We appreciate you bring your feedback and issue to our attention.

I was disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations for your recent stay. You will be pleased to note our new carpet replacement project for all the corridors was completed in June this year and heating & cooling controller replacement will be our next major project. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass them onto our Housekeeping and Engineering Department.

Guest feedback certainly enables us to monitor our standards and prioritize capital expenditures.
Once again thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

There is something just awesome about finally getting released by Customs into the outside world, and just having to walk across a bridge to get to your hotel - particularly Melbourne, when flights often arrive late at night or in the wee hours. This has been the case with me many a time. Plus, as I usually hire a car and then drive north to visit family, it is perfectly situated on the north side of the city.

It is a little on the pricey side, with a decent room costing $250 a night (roughly). But you get what you pay for and the rooms are always very clean and very comfortable. I have always had a great sleep at this hotel in the half a dozen times I have stayed. The room service is great, there is usually a nice welcoming amenity in the room, and the mini-bar is well stocked.

Breakfasts are great, the staff are always friendly and efficient, and you're right above the hire car area and also the taxi rank. So wherever you're going from here, it is easy to do.

Sometimes I stay in the CBD at the Westin, if I want to spend a day or two in Melbourne before going elsewhere, but if not, this is my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the runways, which is very cool if you're into that, and the kids would likely love it. Very big windows make for easy viewing - but they do black out easily for sleeptime.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dbrown101272

Dear dbrown101272,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience and great travel tips with your fellow travellers.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel and rest assured that your comments have been passed on to our team and congratulate them on a job well done. We believe we have an iconic location to Melbourne Airport and have a fantastic team with great enthusiasm. It is nice to know we seem to be heading in the right direction.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Parkroyal hotel on our wedding night as we were flying out the next morning on our honeymoon.

Our experience was excellent - the room was tidy, modern and clean, and we were greeted with a bowl of strawberries and champagne from the management as a congratulations which was a nice touch.

Overall we were very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Shane C,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent stay.
I was delighted to hear of your positive feedback, in particular the great service you received from our team.
Once again, congratulations and best wishes.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

stayed here with a family of 5 in a deluxe room kids loved seeing the busy airport and planes landing, taking off. pool was a great way to relax before turning in for the night and the breakfast really set us up for the day ahead

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear puff0417,

Thank you for taking time to recommend our hotel and share your great travel tips with your fellow travellers.
I am delighted to note you and your family enjoyed our runway view room, pool and great breakfast selection.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.