“Country Travellers”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Mornington Peninsula
“Country Travellers”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great bed, quiet rooms, great place for country Travellers who fly out early next morning as they offer a special rate that includes breakfast....which I requested in our room and they accepted my request with our hesitation
Drinks and great steak sandwich at Aero Bar downstairs were well priced and yummy
Will always return

Room Tip: Let them know if if your a countrysider from Victoria......special rate applies
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Comfy bed, bar and restaurant are good but a little expensive.

Ordered room service full breakfast and it cost me nearly $40! Thought that was a bit steep.

Had a good night sleep on the super comfy bed. Must be memory foam or something.

Gym facility and pool are an added bonus

• Stayed September 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Parkroyal is what it is, a very convienient spot to lay your head at the airport. As others have said, the location cant be beat connected to the terminal, the car park and hire cars. Staff were pleasant, nothing more, nothing less. However the beds and pillows are the most uncomfortable things I have ever had the misfortune of laying on. Everyone else in our party (more than 10) had a similar experience. I have stayed here many times when it was a Hilton and slept like the dead on those visits. So Im not sure where Parkroyal got their bedding from.
Bathroom was in good nick and the supplied toiletries were of a quality standard.
As far as noise goes this place is very quiet save for the odd jet roar during the night and the inconsiderates when must let their door slam from the full open position.
I would stay again provided there was a change in the bedding.

Room Tip: A room facing the terminal is probably better than one that over looks the car park.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Launceston, Tasmania
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had 1 night here after a late arrival and early departure. Check in was really easy and the staff were friendly enough. Once we got to the room everything was alright. Spacious and clean. The bathroom was in terrible shape - tiles that could lift off the floor and the shower had black grime all around the edges! Not nearly good enough for the price. The sheets on the bed could have been a bit cleaner too - there were a few stains. Overall, this hotel is worth it for the location which is unbeatable (directly across from the airport and joined by the skybridge) but the price and quality could do with improvement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear edmundsd,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology and I will investigate this with my Maintenance and Housekeeping team. I’m pleased our reception team was helpful and friendly during your check in. Our great location is one of our assets which we are glad you found of assistance.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Room very clean comfortable bed. Very fast service at check in even when I checked in early. I was on 7th floor and able to lay on bed and watch the planes take off and land. It's great to walk over the air bridge to hotel and next day to go back to the airport for my last flight to home.

This hotel is great to stay in when coming off a long haul flight was 19 hours.

I ate dinner lunch dinner about 4pm at the airport About 8 pm I got a child size ice cream sundae at the hotel restaurant. I thought the 12 dollar price for a small sundae was extreme.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Christine M,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed our new beds, airport view rooms and my team was able to assist. I have noted your comments on the price of the sundae and will pass your feedback onto my team to review and discuss further.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Tasmania
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped at the Parkroyal for a night before going on our overseas holiday. Check in was quick and efficient and the best part is the hotel is right at the airport which was handy when my wife had to make a trip to the doctors and chemist at the airport. We had a Runway view room which had great views of planes taking off and landing which the kids loved to watch. At first I was a bit apprehensive about our room being opposite the lifts but we didn't experience any noise from people coming and going. Great comfortable beds would definitely stay here again when travelling with family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Greensnottyflyer,

Thank you for spending time to share your great experience with us during your recent stay. It’s great to hear you and your family enjoyed the convenient location, our soundproofed runaway view rooms and received good service from our team.

You will be pleased to note we have number of packages including a ‘kids plane spotting’ on offer which may be of interest to you and your family on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times simply because of the convenience to the airport terminal.
The rooms and bathrooms are always spotless and check in fast and easy, having said that I think it is overpriced and only because they can, again because of it's close proximity to the terminals.
The restaurant, bar and bar food are good quality and not too overpriced, apart from the 1 extremely rude female bar staff, if I could remember her name I would print it only because of her incredibly bad customer service and rudeness, she clearly does not need to be in the hospitality profession, she had the same attitude with everyone. all other staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Airport view rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear lexyAustralia,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to write your feedback.

I am disappointed to hear your bar experience didn’t meet your expectation. We take our guest comments very seriously and always try our best to provide friendly service and atmosphere. We have passed your feedback to our Food and Beverage team for follow up. We are pleased that you enjoyed our spotless rooms and good quality food in our restaurant.

Once again, many thanks for taking time to pass this feed back onto the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!