“Convenient and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Perth, Australia
“Convenient and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed at Parkroyal Melbourne for a Business Trip recently and used their meeting facilities very very good as was the catering. The rooms are modern and clean, relatively spacious for an airport hotel. The Sound Proofing was EXCELLENT, very impressed. Public Areas of the hotel are showing their age and are in need of upgrading, at very least a soft refurbishment. In room breakfast was excellent as was the buffet breakfast. Very convenient to get to from the airport and staff were very friendly and check in and out was very efficient. Definitely Recommend this for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear RoBrad,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for posting some images of your experience. We are currently in the process of upgrading our facilities. We hope to see you again to review them in the New Year.
David J Travers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Parkroyal Melbourne Airport before our early-morning flight in September. The room was quiet, spacious, and well-appointed. Beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and luxurious with a bath and separate shower.
The Reception staff were friendly and efficient and we look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the runway.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Aussie56,
Thank you for sharing your experience and great tip on our runway view rooms with your fellow travellers on TripAdvisor which are very popular for plane spotting. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your jetting in or out of Melbourne!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

As we had an early flight to fiji we decided to stay a night close to the airport, and when i say close i mean from our window i can see the start and end of the runway! get views, classy room. Just they make you pay for EVERYTHING! I wanted some skim milk instead of full cream for our coffee facilities and they charged me for it!

Room Tip: Airport view room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Jess and Jesse N,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent PARKROYAL experience. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the views! Our deluxe rooms include fresh milk delivered and apologise if you were charged for this. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are travelling through.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

For us, the best part of the hotel is its convenient location. It is less than 100 metres from the airport buildings, which means you can walk easily to the hotel. Since we flew in late and flew out early, this was ideal.
The rooms were large and well equipped and we were not disturbed by airplane noise. We slept well...but maybe this was not surprising after a long international flight. Check in was efficient and friendly.
My only problem was the view from our window on level 6, which was over an untidy rooftop towards a freight staging area.

Room Tip: Better view from higher rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear BelairTraveller,
I was delighted that you found your experience so convenient after your long flight. Thank you for sharing your tips on the room and that you enjoyed friendly and efficient service from our team during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Spent 1 night here before our flight back to Europe. The hotel is very modern and bright and airy. Contrary to others I found the beds very comfortable and slept very well. Indeed the room was surprisingly quiet despite the hotel being between the freeway and the terminal building. I had arranged a late checkout and that worked very well.
Staff were very friendly and courteous and the hotel perfectly fulfilled the job of being an airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear catmouse,
Thank you for sharing your recent PARKROYAL experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was a guest at the Parkroyal for one night due to a work conference being held at the same hotel. As I normally do, I read the reviews on Tripadvisor. Quiet a few individuals did not shy away from making public their displeasure at the quality of the furnishings, the service and price.

However, as my stay was being funded by my employer I thought “as long as it has a bed and shower I don’t care” Boy was I surprised. Either there are a few people out there that have unrealistic expectations or I am more easily pleased than I thought.

First surprise came at check in, we arrived very early and did not want to cart our luggage around the conference venue. Despite arriving before their posted check in time the staff at the front counter had no problems processing our reservations and allowing us time to park our luggage and freshen up.

Second surprise, they could not find my reservation but at no time did the young lady at the reception become flustered, rude or out of her depth. We finally figured out what happened and it was my fault. I was due to check in day earlier but due to a change in the conference agenda I flew in a day later. I simply forgot to let the Park Royal know. Rooms were at a premium but they still found me one, which technically was an upgrade but they still honoured the original price.

Third surprise, the room was brilliant, on the 9th floor with views of the airport and Melbourne itself. I loved the bed as it was one of the few hotels that actually gives you a blanket rather than 17 sheets you end up getting entangled in. The study table in front of the window was a clever touch and the bathroom had a full sized bath to allow me at 5’11’’ to stretch out and work out the economy class kinks and strains.

Fourth surprise, the bar serves pints, not these weedy little glasses the folk in Melbourne think is a real beer glass. The food at the restaurant was first class and the staff gave the impression that they actually cared and weren’t there to simply earn a wage.

True the corridor carpet had a few tears here and there but taking into account the place is now 10 years old its not something I would lose sleep about.

I admit that I am easily pleased and I always try to see the glass half full rather than half empty. Yet I wonder whether some of the reviewers of the Park Royal have actually stayed there and aren’t confusing it with the more basic Holiday Inn down the road. The staff, service and facilities of the Park Royal impressed me and their pricing is in the same ballpark as other hotels of similar standards.

All in all, I will be back and looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear SvenW
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport. I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations on a number of occasions and have passed your feedback on to our team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with a couple of items during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Warrnambool, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

The beds were horrible... 2 trips to the chiro in the week we have been home. I didn't even have to tell the Chiro - she knew my troubles were a direct result from sleeping a bad bed. how anyone can stay here & then jump on an international is beyond me.
It took a long time to work out the tv - the inroom information was not up to scratch - no information on how to work anything.
We did have a good view of the airport however would have prefered a better night sleep.
This is NOT a cheap hotel - would not stay here again & cannot give this hotel our recommendation

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 659Kath
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear 659Kath,
I was most concerned to read your feedback regarding your sleep experience from the bed in your guest room. We are currently co-ordinating delivery of new beds to all our guestrooms, which are expected to be installed in December 2011. Our new ergonomic mattresses are specifically designed for the hotel to guarantee a great night’s sleep. I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectation and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel then to experience the new beds and have a better night’s sleep.
David J Travers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!