“Awesome, friendly, tasty and great atmosphere!”
Review of Maharajas Wok - CLOSED

Maharajas Wok
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awesome, friendly, tasty and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I went into Red Cherry with my family to try something new away from the typical restaurants in the area and was very surprised with the renovations and menu change. Red Cherry has a big variety of food ranging from Italian to Indian, Asian and Mexican not to mention the pricing is excellent. We were greeted and sat instantly, the owner was present who came over to the table an spoke to us making us feel welcome as well as the staff, we had a great meal, and would definitely be back!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Carlaa08

melbourne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Red Cherry Bistro”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Red Cherry Bistro has done an excellent job of re-structuring place and menu.

It may not impress the indians as the menu has been changed to suite everyone's taste.

new international cuisine has more variety. Overall we have enjoyed the food! :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Connor D
Melbourne, Australia
“The Red Cherry has gone off!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We used to love going to Maharajas Wok, recently went as it had re opened as Red Cherry Bistro.

It is awful, stay away! When I order a Vindaloo I don't want chips and salad with it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anvil16
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Indian food (vegetarian) was very good...but like in all of Melbourne, the salt was lower than how you would prepare it in India....but Indian food on foreign soil was so good...I can't complain.

Try their paneer and pulao for sure....plus their chaas (buttermilk)...mango drink if you visit during the season...they are all very good for an Indian experience.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank aonecentlife
“Ok food, bad service! Big NO!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went there from city as we wanted have bit of a drive and eat good Indian food. We were the only ones in the resturant.
Waiter came in took the order and I specifically asked if I could order more rotis and he told me that he would let me know before the kitchen closes and come and take last order. He never came back. I went to the counter and spoke to the guy who seemed to be the owner. He were rudely put me off saying the kitchen is closed and he can't do anything. On my saying that I should ve been asked about my last order, he was extremely rude even to my wife. He totally just ruined our evening!! Never would go back or suggest this place to anyone.. Big NO!!

2 Thank GauravKhanna