“OK to sit down for a drink only”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fly Bar

The Fly Bar
Ranked #45 of 56 Restaurants in Tullamarine
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone + 61 3 9355 5647 http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/Shopping-Eating/restaurants-bars/The-Fly-Bar
Melbourne, Australia
“OK to sit down for a drink only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

To kill some time, we went to the Fly Bar as it was close to our gate and ordered some carrot cake and coffee. Service left a bit to be desired and the tables were quite dirty from previous customers. The carrot cake was very dry and tasted like it was either stale or had been sitting out uncovered for too long. Coffee was average at best, I guess it's nothing unusual for an airport cafe though. View was okay for a plane parked at its gate however it got quite noisy so we moved along to a quieter area of the airport. Probably an okay bar for some drinks (others seemed to be enjoying themselves) however the food and coffee was less than average.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank OzzeeTravla

Melbourne, Australia
“flyreview”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did not have a sit down meal. We ordered 2 takeaway items and each was toasted and cut in half. Later we ordered 2 hot chocolate drinks one for my wife and daughter. This was the first time that my wife actually enjoyed her hot chocolate because with the double chocolate meant she did not have to add any sugar. Service delivery was excellent. The staff exceeded all expectations. Lastly I asked one staff member if I could have a lend of one of their stools to sit down at the airport gate whcih can be seen from the restaurant. Apparently this is not allowed because the stool was quickly taken off me and placed back at the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank BrianSJunnineteenth
Brisbane, Australia
“Disgusting staff attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

They gave my food away then argued with me that it wasn't their fault. Totally unacceptable. Took refund but will never go back because staff attitude appalling!

No apology. Just "it's totally not my fault someone took your order out of the oven"

Launceston, Australia
“Good fun wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Ok food and prices ok for airport bar, great fun environment to be in while waiting for virgin aus flights

1 Thank Traveling_Aussie10