“Great value hotel close to Tulla”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Brisbane, Australia
“Great value hotel close to Tulla”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Just had a requirement to stay overnight at short notice. After sourcing a good rate from an online hotel search engine, I was pleasantly surprised to attain a further 30% reduction via the hotel website AND a room upgrade. Free hotel shuttle, attentive reception staff just made the whole deal better. We enjoyed good food and wine in the on site restaurant at reasonable prices, great service again. Seems this Mantra Hotel offers last minute weekend deals, as they have a stronger corporate tenancy weekdays. Put this hotel on your "airport location " overnight list, it fits the bill perfectly for a good value airport stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ballarat
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We didn't know what to expect reading the reviews. We are not that easy to please, but also not difficult. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Parking was a breeze. The rooms were spotless. We had the Melrose suite. It was spacious. The air conditioning was great, the rooms immaculate and modern. The bathroom in this suite was spacious and just perfect. Large shower, and once again, perfectly clean.

The attached restaurant was also great. We had dinner there as well as breakfast. Dinner was lovely and was not overpriced. We came away full for $70 including drinks for 2. That is good value. Restaurant was modern and the service was great, food was prompt, fresh and well prepared. Breakfast was a buffet, they had a great choice and we really enjoyed it.

Value for money was exceptional. Loved it, loved it, loved it........

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I paid about $250 for a two night pre booked deal. It linked into my transit through Melbourne to home from the US and my timing was for the AFL grand final in which my team, Feo, was in. I didn't want to pay umpteen hundreds for a room in the city as I was so knackered from travel it wasn't like I was out partying all night; I'm too old for that anyway.
So, I didn't expect much bit for the money I think I got a lot. Great staff - they got me into room at 10am in the morning following my arrival from LAX. I didn't expect it, I had meetings in the city from 11.30am and figured that I would have to make do with the wash up I had on the plane. Unfortunately we don't tip here in Aussie but the young guy on the desk who sorted me deserved it. That shower before I headed in to the city was the best, all you long haul flyers know what I'm talking about.
SO, I'm not going to complain about the breakfast being a bit of a shemozzle because I didn't actually care. It tasted good and I could get a decent coffee at the bar.
Thank you front desk folk - doing what you did for me can make a lot of short comings go away. Keep it up.
If I have to transit again I will be back, I wont be bothering with the bigger named property across the road from the terminal.
Tip - give better directions for your transport bus, I had no idea what the guy was telling me. It is pretty well signed where to go and is pretty much in front of that large hotel just across from the terminal!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I got a great internet rate on a standard motel room. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the Long Term Airport carpark. I stayed in room 816, which was at the back of the hotel on the eight floor facing away from the road. The room was very nice, modern and clean, large wall mounted Flat Screen Tv, a nice chair to sit in and a comfy bed. There is limited onsite secure parking at a cost, or there is plenty of free street parking in the evenings, I parked in the side street with no problems. There is a nice bar and restaurant area on the ground floor. I would be happy to recommend this hotel and if I ever need a hotel near Melbourne Airport I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably close to the airport although did need a courtesy bus to and from. Considering this I thought it was a bit overpriced . Basic hotel nothing special but really you're not looking for anything but a comfortable bed preflight .

• Stayed July 2013
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

If your willing to spend 10 minutes jumping onto a courtesy bus to get to the hotel, you will find a hotel that is more than a $100 less than the Park Royal and just as good, even a little bit better in my opinion. Staff very helpful, room clean and well appointed. Highly recommended for an overnight stay before or after catching a flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We'd been here just 2 weeks before on a flight stopover and did the same the second time around. We weren't disappointed at all. The reception staff are friendly and very efficent. Nothing is a problem and they can actually do more than one thing at a time, which I don't find very common in people these days. Moving on to the rooms. They are very well appointed. The beds are so comfortable!!! If I was looking for a new bed, I'd definitely ask them where they purchase theirs; and the little soaps smell gorgeous. The coffee in the restaurant, although very small was delicious and perfectly made. To top it all off, we got a complimentary bus back to the airport, with the driver having a very amusing sense of humour. I would thoroughly recommend this place to stay.

Room Tip: They often have secret deals with added extras so look out for them