“Low Tarrif & Not far to Airport”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Melbourne, Australia
“Low Tarrif & Not far to Airport”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here from 25 Aug 2013 with mum (90yrs) on first leg of a trip to Darwin via Adelaide by Ghan. Seafood basket was a bit dry and the chicken a bit chewy, the Hugh Hamilton Moscato was good as was the White Rabbit Dark Ale. The Bathroom has a good granite showerbase and shower screen. View is of the Car park and western suburbs beyond from the upper level. Got to hit the road at 6am. 5am wake up call

Room Tip: didn't get to choose
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear 'DavidMooreArchitect'

Thankyou for your recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

Sounds like you had a very short stay at the hotel, with a 5am wakeup call !

I hope that you found the shuttle service to the airport convenient at that time of the morning

Thankyou for your comments on your food. I will ensure this feedback is reviewed by our chef.

Once again, thanks for the review. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Rob Everett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided that we'd stay here for the first night of our honeymoon as we live in Regional Victoria and I didn't want to do a long drive on the same day as an early long flight. We arrived at 8pm and as soon as they realised it was our honeymoon they upgraded us to a lovely room that even had a spa bath. We felt very special and the room was large and comfortable. Airport transfers were included which was one of the reasons I had booked there. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. The room was very clean and well maintained and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'jaimee_matt'

Thankyou for your review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel & congratulations on your recent wedding - Very exciting !

I am really pleased that we were able to accomodate you on the first night of your honeymoon. We are a great option for the early morning flight, and sounds like you chose a package including airport transfers.

Thankyou for making us aware that it was your honeymoon - as this gave the team the opportunity to really look after you and make you night even more special.

I hope the rest of your honeymoon was great & look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel some time soon

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here from 12- 16 Aug 2013 alone on a business trip.

The reservation messed up my last name upon booking, I've asked them to change it and they said they did so I asked them for a new confirmation email but it never came through. Reached the hotel to find that they still hadn't changed it.

Check- in was fast but the agent wasn't really enthusiastic. The room was modern and a good size. Had a room on the 7th floor with a view of the airport so I could see some planes departing. I wished they had provided slippers in the room though. Good selection of channels on the TV and I liked that they had a luggage rack and a large wardrobe with extra blankets and pillows.

Housekeeping was very immaculate every day. Room was always clean and ready upon my return. Had ordered room service breakfasts a couple of times. Service was always very prompt and food arrived at the designated time. However, food wasn't good. My toast was cold and hard and my scrambled eggs was nothing to shout about. Won't pay the same price for that quality of food. I'd probably have breakfast in the restaurant as you get hot toast and eggs fried to any of your choice. There is a gym, sauna, and swimming pool available on the 9th floor. The pool has a jacuzzi overlooking the airport so lots of planes going off. Nice play to relax.

Location wise, it was near the airport. The shuttle service is A$9 per way. Used it once and the shuttle guy was very friendly. There's nothing much going around the Tullamarine area, though I did managed to walk to a restaurant called Lazy Moe's. There was a McDonald's beside it as well.

Overall, probably would have chosen something of walking distance to the airport if it was just an overnight layover but as it was for work, didn't have a choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Yanwan
Dear 'Yanwan'

Thankyou for your recent review about your stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you had a nice stay and found the hotel modern and a good location to the airport. As the newest hotel in the area, its great to get feedback like this

Thankyou for your comments on the room service and check-in. I will look into these areas. I am sorry that your name was mis-spelt upon time of arrival. My apologies.

I agree that some of the rooms higher up in the building have great views, especially of the planes landing and taking off (when wind is in the right direction). We have even better views up in the gym & pool areas as well

Once again, thankyou for your feedback & review. I hope to see you again at the hotel some time soon

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here twice, before and after our trip to Fiji. We used to shuttle bus both to/from the hotel, called the hotel and bus arrived shortly after that. Check-in was quick and easy. We got a deal with a free room upgrade and $15 each to spend on food and beverage. Room was nice with good city view and spa bath. Got dinner in the restaurant, my partner ordered the steak which he wanted well done, came out rare, not good enough, didn’t say anything because we were too hungry. Because our room was quite close to the lift, every time someone used it we would here a ding dong which kept us awake. Second stay was better, very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with city view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear 'Jacqui W'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your experience at Mantra Tullamarine.

I am really pleased you had a good stay at the hotel - both before and after your travels. The perfect way to de-stress before you get home.

I am pleased you found the room to your liking and took advantage of the shuttle service. It is very reliable and runs 24/7.

I am sorry that the steak came out incorrectly cooked, per your order. I am sure the restaurant team would have ammened quickly - my apologies. Our chefs have recently been working very hard on menu's and food quality, so I know they would have fixed this straight away...as they now are striving for perfection with their food quality .

Once again, thankyou for your review. I hope to see you again soon...

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The front counter service is usually where you feel the stay is going to be exceptional or average. This was average. No parking available. Not sure if this is a ploy, now having read other reviews. I checked in just after 3pm to be told their parking floor has no parking left. I suggest this is strange. So instead of paying the hotel rate of $22 now I am forced to pay $31 considering the parking is in the same parking lot I don't accept the explanation.
Aside from this annoyance the room was clean and comfortable and quiet UNTIL 4;30am when the first airport guests depart. So if you do not need to sleep past that time then choose this hotel.
At a full rack rate this is not well priced.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep past 4:30am, choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear 'Kazza880'

Thankyou for your recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I appreciate your comments on Parking availability, however I can assure you that this is no ploy, during the month of August our Parking levels have been quite high, however having said that we do everything possible to try to ensure that our hotels guests get a parking space at the hotel price. I am sorry this was not the case during your stay.

I was also sorry to read that you were woken up early in the morning by some early departing guests. Being an airport hotel we do have guests arriving and departing throughout the day and night - however to combat this, we do try our best to allocate rooms to guests that best suit their needs, ie for later departures, a quieter location in the hotel.

Once again, I am sorry your stay was not perfect. I am more than happy to talk with you in person to try to make this up to you & prove to you that we can get it right as well

I hope to hear from you

Benalla, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed overnight before flying out early the next day. Arrived & told there was no parking available, we could park next door for $30 a night or on the street. Checked in, went up to our room, opened the door to find it was already occupied - very embarrassing for us & the semi naked occupent. Went back to Reception, very apologetic explained that the occupant was supposed to have moved rooms earlier but obviously no one checked. We did wonder if the room would have been cleaned before we were supposed to occupy it. Got another room, but there was no spa, as book & paid for, rang Reception & another room was arranged. This room was fine, well appointed, modern, comfortable bed, 'spa' was a spa bath rather than a spa but by then we werent going to quibble. Had pre-paid breakfast the next morning. Good selection of food, unfortunately the 'hot' food was luke warm at best & cold by the time we started to eat. Big selection of tea available but couldnt find any self serve coffee or anyone to ask. Eventually wandered up to the bar where a waitress was & asked about the coffee & she offered to make it for us. Coffee was great but we had to pay for it as it wasnt part of the breakfast menu.
Conclusion: Looks good, very clean, staff very polite & helpful but the stay was certainly not close to 4 star in experience or value. We wont stay here or at any Mantra again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Jill W'

Thankyou for your recent review regarding Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

Clearly your stay was far from what I would expect any of my guests to experience at this hotel - please accept my sincere apologies.

I would be more than happy to discuss these issues with you in person, please let me know best way to contact you and I will be in touch.

I can assure you that we can get it right as well at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

Horsham, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has pleasant decor and comfortable king sized beds. Rooms and bathrooms are a little cosy. The room was great value ($139 on a Friday night) although parking added $31 for an overnight stay. Check in was efficient. A good room service menu was available until 10:30 pm with ltd room service until 6 am. Very yummy cut fruit for breakfast. Overall, a good option for a bed for the night after a late flight.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear 'Robyn-loves-Hak...'

Thankyou for writing about your recent experience at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am please you found the hotel to your liking ! Your are corect that there are some great deals to be had out there in the market place...especially some friday & saturday nights.

Next time, try to booking parking when you make your booking...as its can be a little cheaper sometimes, or Try one of our Park Stay Fly packages...

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Rob Everett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!