“Nice place to stay, convenient and comfortable”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 28/6/2013 for a transit during my travel from Latrobe to Bangkok via Melbourne.

The rooms are very neat, serene and calm. Very clean and fresh linen.
The mini bar is very rich with many snacks, mixture of nuts, candies, chocolates, wafers and short eats.

The in house restaurant woodland serves nice vegetarian sandwiches and the staff courtesy is above the class compared to all other places in Melbourne. They definitely go an extra mile to understand the requirement of the diner and make all out efforts to provide the kind of food required.

The morning break fast ( complimentary with room ) is sumptuous and has really fresh fruits and assorted breads.

I would definitely make a re- visit to this hotel during my next visit.

Dayanand L Guddin

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor are nice and the airport shuttle service is better than any private...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rajkumar1967
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear 'rajkumar1967'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine.

I am delighted that you were able to 'stopover' at the hotel during your recent travels to Bangkok. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to your liking. I agree that we are a great option when needing to access Melbourne airport for a early start or a late arrival.

Thankyou for making comments on the positive service you received from the team here at the hotel. The have been working very hard on 'going the extra mile' for our guests, so I am pleased you have noticed !

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards

Rob Everett

Write a ReviewReviews (2,419)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This review is secondary to our prior review titled: "Bittersweet!! Clean Rooms, Attractive Decor, but Terrible Service. [9th March 2013]. Beware the Parking.” For a full overview, we suggest that you read them together. Subsequent to our prior stay & following discussions with the Mantra Tullamarine, my husband and I returned for basically what was an opportunity to "give them a second chance".
** The Room: As was found with the previous stay the room was tidy, the décor pleasant & the bed comfortable. Unfortunately this time the cleanliness was not up to the standard seen before & there were various areas in the room where some damage & stains were evident. As to the vent above the shower it was disgusting. It was either thick with layers of mould or thick with groups of dust clearly evident. We couldn't help but be concerned as to what we may be exposed to once the steam & vapour hit the grimy substance.
** Pool / Spa: Again we enjoyed the view from the pool area. This time the pool was cleaner than before, even being able to see the tiles on the bottom of the pool. The spa was slightly cleaner than before, however there is definitely a need for serious improvement in the hygiene & quality of the water in both the pool & the spa.
** Dinner / Room Service: As we chose not to dine in the restaurant this time we will not comment. As to Room Service however, the meals were of a decent value, the prices reasonable & the wait time shorter than on our prior visit.
** Car Parking: Yet again, the arrangement with the guest parking was ridiculous. This time, as we arrived at the top level & the secondary boom gate, it was pouring rain. The car in front of us sat blocking the entry for an unacceptable long time. Eventually a staff member arrived to manually open the gate for the car to enter. When my husband & I finally gained access to the parking lot a fair amount of delay had occurred, cutting into our stay. We had to attend the parking booth in person to have our card marked upon arrival & again the following day to enable us to leave. According to the staff, " the parking boom gates do not work properly when it is raining as the cards get wet & the machine is unable to read them".
** Customer Service: Sadly nothing has or even appears to be being done to improve the exceptionally poor level of customer service & the uninterested attitude that overall the staff at the Mantra Tullamarine appear to present with.
Again not once during our stay did we see anyone at the Concierge Desk. The main entrance & foyer area was again unattended. Upon our arrival a large 4wd was ignorantly parked directly in front of the main pathway & doors. This created a very narrow & dangerous bottleneck for cars to pass through upon arrival. Not only was this a safety hazard, it additionally added an unacceptable delay to our being able to check in.
It seemed that Management either did not consider their guests safety or comfort as the vehicle was left there unattended for quite a large chunk of the afternoon. No staff even offered to assist with our bags, & yet again there was no door person in sight.
In addition, the actual level of general care & service was almost non existent on this occasion & it was noticeable in that even used food trays piled up with dirty dishes & food scraps were left sitting in the hallway for the whole of the time we were there on the Saturday. Sadly this is unsightly, unhygienic & a potential safety hazard.

Overall Summary: My husband & I had two [2] stays at the Mantra Tullamarine. The second as invited by Management. Sadly, there was nothing experienced during our second stay that effectively changed our mind as to how disappointing the hotel is. If anything, the uncleanliness in the bathroom alone & the tangled safety issues present at their main entrance on both occasions is enough to convince us that we will not be returning to the Mantra Tullamarine again.
In good conscience we maintain that it may be best to seek an alternative accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beck and Steven X
Rob E, Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear ‘Beck and Steven X’

Thank you for your feedback, it is important to take customer feedback on board in order to improve and I regret the shortcomings with your stay.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed our Dinner/Room Service this time. Our Concierge Service / Desk is part of our reception service, however, your point has been addressed with a sign redirecting guests to the adjacent reception desk when unattended. Unfortunately, our hotel does not provide porterage service and I’m sorry for our reception staff not being close by to assist you with your bags. Once again, thank you for your comments and I apologise for the disappointment you experienced during your stays with us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night before he caught a plane to Mackay. The dinner was excellent, the best Fishermans Basket either of us had ever had. Service was great, room lovely, breakfast nice. Not ultra cheap for food, but great quality so don't mind paying if it is good. Room price was good value for money, included late checkout, $15 each food vouchers and return transfer to airport. I left car at hotel (parked in hotel car park - $20 for night) and saw hubby off and returned to get car. So much easier than driving into airport!!! Totally recommend.

1  Thank Eldana24

Dear 'Eldana24'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased you had a great stay & enjoyed the hotel. Our chefs have been working very hard on their food quality, so I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal.

Once again, thankyou for your review - its appreciated

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Landed in Melbourne at around 5am so needed to check in early as I had another flight to catch later that evening. Management were great and let me check in straight away which was great as I had flown straight from London. Room was very clean and comfortable. Planned on going out and seeing the city during the day but the bed was so comfortable we slept all day.
Paid for an extra person at check in and folded bed came within 5 minutes of entering the room.
Quiet rooms enabled us to get some good rest which was well needed on our travels.
Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Review1988

Dear 'Review1988'

Thankyou for writing about your experience at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

The hotel is a great option for early flight arrivals and later flight departures - such as yours. We have recently introduced a 'Pick me Up' package for stay's such as yours - where you dont want to pay the full overnight rate. Be sure to check this out next time you are in town

I am pleased you enjoyed the bed....sorry that you slept through your planned CBD trip

I really appreciate the great feedback. Will put a smile on my teams face - thankyou

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Before we flew to the gold coast we spent a night here. Beautiful rooms to say the least. Beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. We got a package deal that included 7 day car hire which turned out great. United car parking are next door/part of the hotel complex. Although i thought the car was to be undercover and it wasnt :(. Check in and out was handled professionally. We loved our stay here and would certainly stay here again, now have to arrange another holiday. :)

Dear 'beekaye'

Thankyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel. I really appreciate the great review - thankyou !

I am pleased to were able to take full advantage of the hotel, booking our Park/Stay/Fly package. It is great value and can take the hassle out of getting to Melb Airport.

I am pleased you enjoyed the room & your stay. Please give me a call direct, next time you are thinking of staying, so I can ensure you are well looked after

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had an overnight stop before an early flight. Staff were very nice, room good, clean, drop off and pickup service to airport great. Unfortunately the food in the restaurant was of a very poor standard. In fairness the lady who appeared to be in charge of the restaurant, did not charge for my meal, ( when asked how my meal was I told her it was not good, overcooked and dry salmon), my husbands meal was bland, but he didn't say anything. Other than that, would stay again, maybe eat before you get there or order in a pizza!

Room Tip: high up in building if possible

Dear 'Jen P'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel !

I am really pleased to found the staff nice, room good & clean and the airport pickup/drop off great. Thnakyou for commenting on this.

I was sorry to read your comments on the meal you received in the restaurant. we have been working very hard on our new menu & food quality of late, so your feedback is critical to ensure that we are always delivering a 100% positive experience. I am pleased that our team member was able to find a reasonable solution.

I hope that we get another chance to prove to you that our restaurant meals are great. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to stay with us again. I will ensure you are well looked after

Once again thankyou for your feedback...It helps us get better !

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel was OK and convenient to Tullamire Airport but parking was woefull. Hotel has top floor of adjacent United Airport Parking for guest parking but they have no idea of the availability of parking spaces. When checking into the hotel we were told to go to the top floor of the carpark but when we got there no spaces were available. Only option is to then park in the general area at a higher rate. The indications are that regular guests that may or may not be staying at the hotel park there because it is cheaper than other airport parking.

Room Tip: Make sure you pre-book parking if needed.
1  Thank Ian C

Dear 'Buninyong'

Thankyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you found the hotel Ok & convenient to the airport. Thankyou

I was sorry to read of your parking experience. Our carpark occupancy levels go up & down depending on time of year, and various business levels, however the hotel front desk team are usually good at providing options for parking. I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. I will follow this up with my team.

We are also reviewing signage in our carpark to better explain alternatives, when the parking does get full.

I am more than happy to discuss this with you in person. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel. I will ensure you are well looked after

Once again, thankyou for your feedback

Rob Everett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!