“Nice visit, will be back!”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice hotel - a bit more expensive than I'd normally plan for, but it was at short notice. And worth it, as it was a lovely hotel and the luxury of a spa bath made it worthwhile! The bathroom was lovely too, all in granite. I had booked a twin room, as I was collecting someone from the airport late that night, but when I opened the door it was a double room - the manager quickly managed to sort this out despite them being fully booked, which was excellent service.
I arrived too late for the restaurant, but there was a good selection on the bar menu, and it was delicious and prompt, and a nice glass of wine to go with it.
Room was very clean and nice.
My only negative points were that they tried to charge me for the bus to and from the airport (I was able to produce my booking form clearly stating it was free both ways), and also I was told the car park would be $20 overnight, but it was full when I got there so I had to pay over $30 to park just outside it in the public car park - I felt this was rather a lot for 12 hours!!

Room Tip: All seemed nice - but speak to them on the phone if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear 'Anne-Marie 1963'

Thankyou for your recent review regarding your stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. I agree, having a nice spa in your room, is a wonderful way to relax from a busy day.

We get some great comments on our granite bathrooms. They are 'one of a kind' and all of our guests remember them. I am pleased you enjoyed them too.

I am sorry to hear that our carpark was full, due to the time of your arrival. I am also pleased that we were able to resolve the issues regarding the cost of the shuttle service.

Once again, thankyou for your nice review on the hotel. It is very much appreciated !

Rob Everett

Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Must be the best airport hotel I have visited! Excellent room - super clean! Add to that a spanking new bathroom and a super comfy bed! Very convenient location with free shuttle bus available all hours! Close to airport but very quiet. All this for only $99/night. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear 'Annie6314'

Thankyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am very pleased that you had a great stay recently. I agree that the hotel has excellent rooms, a great bathroom and I also love the beds !

Our shuttle service to & from the airport is also a great option for those needing a quick & convenient transfer to the airport.

Sounds like you got a great deal off our website, we do offer specials every now & then, so good job with your online shopping !

Once again, thankyou for your review - I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first stay at Mantra Tullamarine, I was attending a conference onsite so flew in from Gold Coast, caught the hotel airport pick up van ($7) and was at the Mantra in 3 minutes.
Room was a single executive room ($189 inc breakfast) and was very modern, extremely clean, double bed was very comfortable, excellent TV with foxtel, bathroom was also first class.
Had dinner in the hotel restaurant, food and service was great. Breakfast was full buffet and very tasty with hot food, yoghurts, cereals, fresh fruit, hot drinks, choice of breads etc. Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly, even gave me a free tooothbrush kit as I left mine at home.
Overall for the money this is a brilliant hotel with top facilities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear 'GoldCoastTodd'

Thankyou for your great review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel - its appreciated

I am pleased that you had a fabulous experience with us, during your recent onsite conference.

The shuttle service between the airport and the hotel is a great option....and usually very quick. Thankyou for commenting on this.

My restaurant team were thrilled to learn that you had tried both the breakfast buffet and a la carte dinner options, and had a great experience both times. They have been working very hard on their customer service, so any feedback we receive is helpful and makes us get better.

Once again, thankyou for taking the time to review the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight with two other friends. Reception was prompt and polite and we were fortunate enough to be able to check in early. Room quality was very good with both our adjoining rooms in excellent condition and no issues with the cleanliness. We availed ourselves to the complimentary shuttle to the airport the following morning and all in all the hotel ticked all our boxes, it was convenient and overall the quality and value was excellent and I would have no hesitation in stayinf there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 'SasandCas'

Thankyou for your recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and in particular found the hotel very convenient & in excellent condition.

As the newest hotel in the Airport region, we have been purpose built for not only corporate & leisure business and conference guests, but also for the airport market. Our shuttle service runs 24/7, and is great for the late night arrivals (or in your case) and early morning departures.

My team really try hard to ensure any early arrivals get into their rooms asap, so I am happy that you noticed this - thankyou

I really look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally, so I can ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel close to the Melbourne airport at a reasonable price then this is it. 5 minutes from the terminal by way of their shuttle bus which leaves the hotel every 5 minutes, so convenient.

The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable, for a hotel so close to the airport I heard not one plane for the evening. The food was great but the overall room service menu was limited, not a lot of choice.

Staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, thank you Mantra

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear 'Joy R'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine.

One of the great things about this hotel, is the convenience to the airport, via the shuttle service, yet we are very quiet for an airport hotel. We are the perfect option for a good nights sleep after a long day (or long flight)

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food. You will be pleased to know that we are in the process of changing our menu's, including room service, so expect to see a change next time you stay with us.

Once again, thankyou for your comments. Feedback always helps the hotel improve, your feedback shows the team, that we are headed in the right direction - thankyou !

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent room, very comfortable bed, great bathroom, convenient shuttle bus to/from the airport, and exemplary staff at reception. The wifi charges are rather steep, but other than that, everything was good.

My stay here allowed me to recharge and refresh between a week at a conference in Australia (staying in student accommodation with two bathrooms shared between 40 people. I have rarely been more glad to see a hotel bathroom!) and three days of meetings in New Zealand. I'd certainly book to stay here again should the occasion arise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear 'Dr-D-101'

Thankyou for your recent review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel. I am pleased you had a great stay !

I am pleased that you found the hotel room, bathroom and shuttle service perfect for your needs. Thankyou for your comments on the reception team members. They are working very hard to create a perfect first and last impression of the hotel, so i am pleased that your experience was good.

I note your comments about a return visit to the property - please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so I can ensure you are well looked after

Thanks again for your review

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is close to Melbourne airport, very clean, very quiet, great beds, great food. It is one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed at and the bed was just a dream. Beautiful newly appointed bathroom with spa bath. Even though it is a close drive to the airport, we didn't hear one plane take-off or land. The whole place smells fresh and clean. Room service was delicious though did take awhile to get there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear 'ocomandm'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I agree with your comments - we are a great option located close to Melbourne airport. As the newest hotel in our region, we truely have some wonderful facilities - and Yes, we are very quiet !

One of my favourite parts of the hotel is the hotel gym & pool area, where you can see planes taking off & landing in the evenings, in the distance, and in peace & quiet - it can be very relaxing.

Thankyou, again, for your kind review - it will put a smile on my teams face when we read it tomorrow, at our daily briefing

Rob Everett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
Ciloms Airport Lodge
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!