“Great location and proximity to airport, very clean and modern. Excellent stay.”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel for business and overall was very impressed. Check-in was quick and easy, secure parking is provided for hotel guests at an extra cost - but gives you peace of mind. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable with great pay-tv channels. The bathroom was also spacious and very nice, which made for a really comfortable and pleasant stay. The location is excellent as it is only a short drive from Tullamarine Airport and excellent for business travellers or persons transiting through Melbourne. Overall, I was very impressed and would definitely recommend the Mantra Tullamarine to other travellers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelbee24
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear 'travelbee24'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review & comment on your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to your liking, and thankyou very much for mentioning that you would recommend this hotel to anyone !

I agree that the hotel is in a great location close to the airport. The hotel has great facilities including a fabulous restaurant & bar, that creates a wonderful 'energy' as you walk in the front door after a long flight.

The secure parking next door is also a great option. Next time try one of our 'park & stay' options as there is often a great option available as well.

Thankyou again for your kind review - its appreciated

Rob Everett

Write a ReviewReviews (2,425)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

great location, really helpful staff totally prepared to go above and beyond, restaurant was good however a bit pricey, bar staff were excellent however it is quite mediocre in its stock, very basic has great potential however is being held back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter F

Dear 'Peter F'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the restaurant and bar - in particular the positive service your received in the bar. My team have been working hard on customer service, so its great to know that you noticed, thankyou

I will certainly review your comments regarding stock, as we are always trying to improve our levels & range of product - thanks for the tip !

Once again, thankyou for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed one night enroute from Tasmania to Perth & found the service simply brilliant. From the front desk staff to room service to bar staff even the courtesy bus driver, they bent over backwards to assist me at every point, & in a couple of instances, went beyond the call of duty to really help me out. Very impressive indeed, I wont hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: get one with a spa, not bad value & fantastic for a weary traveler to.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack T
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear 'Jack T'

Thankyou for your review & kind words regarding your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine !

I am very pleased that you had a great stay and found all areas of the hotel to your liking. My team have been working very hard on their customer service recently and have been trying to ensure they are not only meeting our guests expectations, but trying to exceed them. Your positive feedback will mean a lot to them - thankyou.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel, so I can ensure you are well looked after.

Thanks Again

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location for departure or arrival from a holiday. Choose the right package and you get 7 nights free parking. Great value for that alone.
Lovely, clean and modern. Friendly staff.
Meals can be a little expensive, but inexpensive options are also available..
We went to Singapore for a week and left the car there. Very convenient. Only suggested improvement would be to introduce short term stays for transit passengers. A nearby hotel offers 3, 5 or 7 hour stays.
We arrived in Melbourne on a 6.45am flight. It would have been great to get 5 hours sleep before picking up the car and driving for another 5 hours. We were forced to stay at another hotel for a rest.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Graemeha
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear 'Graemeha'

Thankyou for your review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel !

I agree with you, that the hotel has some great options with regards to park & stay. We are always trying to improve this package option - so well worth checking out our website for the latest deal.

I am please you found the hotel to be 'lovely, clean & modern with friendly staff'. My team have been really trying to improve their customer service, and take it to the next level. Feedback such as your really motivates them to continue doing what they are doing.

I really like your idea of the 'shorter' stay options (eg, 3/5/7 hourly rates). I will certainly look into this. I certainly would love all my guests to return to the hotel, no matter how long for. In the meantime, if you are visiting again shortly, feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure you have a very competitive short term rate

Once again, thankyou for your review & feeback on the hotel - its appreciated !!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We got a wotif deal at a good price. Peking is secure but costs $17 a night. There is on road parking. Room was great though we had several issues that I don't think would have been present in other rooms. They are happy to help with everything and even brought up a new hair dryer when ours broke.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank James F

Dear 'James F'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased that you found the hotel to your liking, and enjoyed your stay. I note your comments on the hairdryer, but happy to see my team were assisting you straight away.

The hotel is a great option for airport travellers, or for anyone that needs to visit Melbourne for a short stay (or longer for that matter). And being a few minutes back from the airport, certainly means you get a great nights sleep

Once again, thankyou for your kind feedback - my team and I appreciate it !

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I phoned Mantra 1800 no (QLD I think) to book accomadation, breakfast, parking and airport transfers for 7 people. I wanted it all inclusive because there were 2 families involved. Split the total cost by 7.
On the ph JMI agreeded to what I wanted and said he would send an email to confirm.
I paid in full the amount JMI quoted.
I received 6 emails contradicting each other, so I replied asking for 1 email to confirm what I had booked.
I received the 1 email , but it didn't have parking and breakfast listed on it.
I replied asking if the parking and breaky were included, I received a computer generated reply listing that they weren't included.
I then phoned the 1800 no to ascertain what I had booked and paid for were what was agreed on with JMI.
The chap i spoke to was very emphatic that I only paid for 2 rooms and that I was trying to scam Mantra out of a breakfast.
"WE DONT GIVE AWAY FREE BREAKFASTS"
Went around in circles about what I was quoted and what I paid for.
I then sent an email for someone to PHONE me and tell me why what I was quoted and what I paid for were different.
The lady who rang me was very professional and polite, she explained to me that what I had paid for was 1x room for 4 people and breakfast, and 1x room for 4 people.
If I wanted breaky for the other 4 (3) occupants Mantra would only charge me $50.
To say I was pissed off is an understatement, as it was the day before our children flew to Canada and we would have little hope of booking elsewhere.
So I paid the extra $50
When we all arrived at Mantra, I went to book in it was packed with people in the foyer and bar from 4 confrences held that day.
But lo and behold I was given the best service and advice by the receptionist a Ms Koc she was extremely helpfull.
Head office could learn a lot from Ms Koc.
The rooms were good, dinner was fine, breakfast very average (should have save the $50), parking was rediculous,stupid and not thought out for patrons useage.

Would I stay there again?
I would book directly with the hotel, park elsewhere, and get my breaky at the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bricko3008
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear 'bricko3008'

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am sorry that you experienced such confusion during the booking process via our Central Reservations Team. I have passed your feedback onto them, and they have apologised if there was any miscommunnication regarding the package inclusions. Obviously it was not their intention to be unclear in this situation.

I am very pleased that once you got to the hotel you found our team members helpful and found the hotel to your liking. I can assure you that our Duty Mgr (Ms Koc) was totally committed to ensuring your poor first impression was turned into a positive lasting experience. Thankyou for noting this. I know she will be thrilled at your feedback.

I also note your comment on parking. Over the coming weeks we will be ensuring that we better communicate our parking directions to all guests uopn check-in.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, so I can ensure that this breakfast charge is resolved

Once again, please accept my apologies for the misscomunication regarding our breakfast inclusions & thankyou for your feedback...its appreciated !

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a last-minute choice b/c it was close to the airport and offered shuttle service. The shuttle was excellent, with a friendly driver, but the hotel was average at best. The rooms are advertised as studios...they are not! They are ordinary hotel rooms without a bath (shower only) with towels that were thin and worn. There were no hand towels in the room. The view was of a parking garage. There was only one chair in the room, not comfortable for two! There is no hotel directory book provided: so, if you are interested in finding restaurants etc. you'll have to go online (which is not free). If you are looking for food, you will have to go out of your way to get it. There really isn't anything close by. The restaurant in the hotel is expensive and the food ordinary. First and last Mantra for us!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sneakycin
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear 'Sneakycin'

Thankyou for your recent review and feedback on Mantra Tullamarine.

I am very sorry that the hotel did not live up to your expectations and I am disapointed that we did not address some of your issues during your stay.

I note your positive comments regarding the shuttle service between the hotel and the airport - our drivers will be thrilled to receive this feedback - thankyou

One of the great things about Mantra Tullamarine is the variety of rooms & suites. We do have a lot of rooms with just showers, as this is often what a lot of travellers are looking for, however we also have many rooms with bathtubs to cater for those who want to relax a bit more. The same is true for different views of the local area and airport I am sorry that this was not offered to you at time of check-in. The team are very good sources of information on the local area, and will point you in the right direction for some 'off-site' restaurant options, if you are not dining inhouse.

My team and I have been working very hard, recently, on all things 'customer service', so your constructive feedback will help us improve as we try to understand our guests needs better.

Once again, I am sorry your stay, with us, was not perfect. I am more than happy to discuss this stay with you via voice/phone, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Kind Regards

Rob Everett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!