“Neat, tidy and quiet”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Albury, Australia
“Neat, tidy and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We got a wotif deal at a good price. Peking is secure but costs $17 a night. There is on road parking. Room was great though we had several issues that I don't think would have been present in other rooms. They are happy to help with everything and even brought up a new hair dryer when ours broke.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank James F
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear 'James F'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased that you found the hotel to your liking, and enjoyed your stay. I note your comments on the hairdryer, but happy to see my team were assisting you straight away.

The hotel is a great option for airport travellers, or for anyone that needs to visit Melbourne for a short stay (or longer for that matter). And being a few minutes back from the airport, certainly means you get a great nights sleep

Once again, thankyou for your kind feedback - my team and I appreciate it !

Rob Everett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stratford, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I phoned Mantra 1800 no (QLD I think) to book accomadation, breakfast, parking and airport transfers for 7 people. I wanted it all inclusive because there were 2 families involved. Split the total cost by 7.
On the ph JMI agreeded to what I wanted and said he would send an email to confirm.
I paid in full the amount JMI quoted.
I received 6 emails contradicting each other, so I replied asking for 1 email to confirm what I had booked.
I received the 1 email , but it didn't have parking and breakfast listed on it.
I replied asking if the parking and breaky were included, I received a computer generated reply listing that they weren't included.
I then phoned the 1800 no to ascertain what I had booked and paid for were what was agreed on with JMI.
The chap i spoke to was very emphatic that I only paid for 2 rooms and that I was trying to scam Mantra out of a breakfast.
"WE DONT GIVE AWAY FREE BREAKFASTS"
Went around in circles about what I was quoted and what I paid for.
I then sent an email for someone to PHONE me and tell me why what I was quoted and what I paid for were different.
The lady who rang me was very professional and polite, she explained to me that what I had paid for was 1x room for 4 people and breakfast, and 1x room for 4 people.
If I wanted breaky for the other 4 (3) occupants Mantra would only charge me $50.
To say I was pissed off is an understatement, as it was the day before our children flew to Canada and we would have little hope of booking elsewhere.
So I paid the extra $50
When we all arrived at Mantra, I went to book in it was packed with people in the foyer and bar from 4 confrences held that day.
But lo and behold I was given the best service and advice by the receptionist a Ms Koc she was extremely helpfull.
Head office could learn a lot from Ms Koc.
The rooms were good, dinner was fine, breakfast very average (should have save the $50), parking was rediculous,stupid and not thought out for patrons useage.

Would I stay there again?
I would book directly with the hotel, park elsewhere, and get my breaky at the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bricko3008
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear 'bricko3008'

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am sorry that you experienced such confusion during the booking process via our Central Reservations Team. I have passed your feedback onto them, and they have apologised if there was any miscommunnication regarding the package inclusions. Obviously it was not their intention to be unclear in this situation.

I am very pleased that once you got to the hotel you found our team members helpful and found the hotel to your liking. I can assure you that our Duty Mgr (Ms Koc) was totally committed to ensuring your poor first impression was turned into a positive lasting experience. Thankyou for noting this. I know she will be thrilled at your feedback.

I also note your comment on parking. Over the coming weeks we will be ensuring that we better communicate our parking directions to all guests uopn check-in.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, so I can ensure that this breakfast charge is resolved

Once again, please accept my apologies for the misscomunication regarding our breakfast inclusions & thankyou for your feedback...its appreciated !

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a last-minute choice b/c it was close to the airport and offered shuttle service. The shuttle was excellent, with a friendly driver, but the hotel was average at best. The rooms are advertised as studios...they are not! They are ordinary hotel rooms without a bath (shower only) with towels that were thin and worn. There were no hand towels in the room. The view was of a parking garage. There was only one chair in the room, not comfortable for two! There is no hotel directory book provided: so, if you are interested in finding restaurants etc. you'll have to go online (which is not free). If you are looking for food, you will have to go out of your way to get it. There really isn't anything close by. The restaurant in the hotel is expensive and the food ordinary. First and last Mantra for us!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sneakycin
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear 'Sneakycin'

Thankyou for your recent review and feedback on Mantra Tullamarine.

I am very sorry that the hotel did not live up to your expectations and I am disapointed that we did not address some of your issues during your stay.

I note your positive comments regarding the shuttle service between the hotel and the airport - our drivers will be thrilled to receive this feedback - thankyou

One of the great things about Mantra Tullamarine is the variety of rooms & suites. We do have a lot of rooms with just showers, as this is often what a lot of travellers are looking for, however we also have many rooms with bathtubs to cater for those who want to relax a bit more. The same is true for different views of the local area and airport I am sorry that this was not offered to you at time of check-in. The team are very good sources of information on the local area, and will point you in the right direction for some 'off-site' restaurant options, if you are not dining inhouse.

My team and I have been working very hard, recently, on all things 'customer service', so your constructive feedback will help us improve as we try to understand our guests needs better.

Once again, I am sorry your stay, with us, was not perfect. I am more than happy to discuss this stay with you via voice/phone, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Kind Regards

Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Another black special surprise because I was prepared to take the risk and see what was behind the blacked out hotel advertised on wotif. A fantastic location. 4 ks from tullamarine with a fast and very efficient pick up service which cost $9.00 but what the heck it saves carrying luggage. Fabulous swimming pool heated and spa,sauna and gym to get rid of that flying feeling. Spacious rooms but some without views. Well the car park was the view but I was only there to sleep. Beautifully appointed and spacious rooms. Bar service staff and prices were excellent as I thought the restuarant was a bit pricey. Bar food fabulous and very generous. This over night was a very happy and a surprised find.

Room Tip: Imagine all rooms are value for money but don't expect to get one with a view as the view is onl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helenovitch
Dear 'Helenovitch'

Thankyou very much for taking the time to write a review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you were pleasantly surprised & found the hotel to your liking, after choosing the wothotel special.

As you mentioned the hotel is very close to Melbourne airport, and has a quick shuttle service door to door. I agree that the hotel has a great pool, spa and gym with one of the best roof top views - very popular with our guests trying to get over their jetlag !

I note your comments on views of the carpark, feel free to check with my team next time you stay, as we have a number of different rooms on other levels / locations around the building that offer different views

Once again, thankyou very much for the feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Wangaratta, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice place. Very clean. Great bed. Free transfers to the airport. Breakfast was a little bit on the expensive side but, there wasn't much else around. Very convenient if you are just looking for a nice place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ovens3738
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear 'Ovens3738'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased your found the hotel to be Clean and Convenient. I agree, we are a fantastic option if you need to be close to the airport and have the convenience of a shuttle bus.

Thankyou for your feeback on breakfast. I am currently doing a lot of work with the kitchen with regards to our breakfast options, so your comments have been very helpful !

Once again, I thankyou for your comments and look fiorward to welcoming you back soon

Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was close to the airport and we were coming in on a late flight. The service was nice the room was lovely and clean and the bed had lovely crisp linen. We left fairly early in the morning so didnt get to use any other services. I did object to the $30 parking charge :(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Familytravels21
Dear 'Familytravels21'

Thankyou for your review and feedback on Mantra Tullamarine.

I am please that you found the room great. You are right, that hotel is very conveniently located near the airport - so perfect for late night arrivals and early departures !

I am sorry to hear that you had some concern over the cost of parking. We do have a great Park/Stay/Fly package that does include parking - and has proved popular recently.

However I am happy to discuss the parking charge with you in person. Feel free to contact me directly

Once again, thankyou for taking the time to review the hotel

Kind Regards

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our United Airlines flights to the USA were cancelled so they treated us to two nights here with meals included. Have to say we were so surprised at the level of service being first class, rooms well appointed and modern and meals really top class. All the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan H
Dear 'BonnieVictoria'

Thankyou for writing a review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am very pleased that my team was able to look after you recently, after your flight was delayed. Disruption with any travel plans is never great, however I was delighted to learn that if you have to be delayed - your hotel experience was a good one.

Being an airport hotel, we do occassionally host delayed flight passengers - so it is very important to me, that we turn an average day into a better one !

Once again, thankyou for your kind feedback - its appreciated

Rob Everett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!