“OK for an overnight stop”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A very average business hotel. The rooms were a good size and comfortable but lacked character and finish. I didn't sleep well despite only coming from Adelaide and rose early to be at the airport for my overseas flight very early. The shuttle was free to the hotel but $6 back. The shower took a long time to run hot water. There wasn't a full selection of digital stations on the TV. The bed was high and hard. The armchair was uncomfortable. None of these are major concerns and individually they don't amount to much and together they added up to an acceptable stay but I am most likely to try an alternative next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than and away from the adjacent multistory car park.
1  Thank DogJudge
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your feed back, I take your comments serious as we continually look at how we can improve on the service offered. I have noted your comment re the Hotwater flow and have asked the maintenance manager to look into this. I will share your comments re the choice of TV channels with our marketing division. We have had several positive comments on how comfortable our beds are, so I was dissapointed to hear that you found it to be not as comfortable. Thank you
regards

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Be warned. This Hotel does everything they can to rip you off.
At check in, staff did not explain the parking to us properly, so in the morning we were charged a ridiculous amount for parking because we weren't told exactly where we had to park.
When I tried to resolve the issue the manager on duty denied any wrong doing and said we had no choice but to pay the full parking fee. The parking attended who was powerless to help said it happened regularly and the hotel managers never take responsibility for it.
Who knows what else they'll try to rip you off. They can not be trusted.

1  Thank Chris W
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your feed back. I apologise if my staff member did not provide you with clear explanation how the car parking works. Every guest arriving by car is issued with instructions on how the parking works. If you were not issued with these instructions I do apologise. The car park at the back of the hotel is not operated by the hotel. We have leased a section of the bays for use by hotel guests. Guests should park within the nested area to get the parking rates charged by the hotel.
Again I apologise if instructions were not explained clearly

Kind regards

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night before an early morning fly out. So close to the airport! And the price was fantastic for the location (shout staying at the actual airport and paying stupid prices! $$$)

I had arranged to leave my car with the parking garage as I was away for a long period of time so didn't have a need to use the hotel car park but I know it's located on the very top floor of the long term car park and it takes forever to drive up and around every level to reach the top

Room was great and clean. A few light bulbs did not work and the TV remote had a few issues but eventually worked.

Staff on reception we're friendly and check in/out was easy. I didn't have dinner here as I arrived too late but I did take advantage of the early buffet breakfast and I probably wouldn't do it again. $27 per person is a bit rich for an average meal. Some of the food tasted like it had been re-heated from the day before and didn't seem freshly cooked.

In general - great room. Clean and modern and great shower/bathroom (with a phone in the bathroom if that's what your after)

Room Tip: It's an airport motel. You can't really escape the sounds of air crafts coming and going but...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jedi1984
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you found the accommodation value and the service pleasant. I was dissapointed though to read that the breakfast buffet was not to your liking. I can assure you that breakfast is always freshly cooked.

kind regards

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I chose this hotel for a quick stop over inMelbourne, and did not want to gofar from the airport. The room was OK, most of the lights did not work, but that did not bother me too much. The retaurant was adequate, and breakfast was good.
The staff were polite and helpful. The outside of the hotel looks very industrial, but considering the area, it fits in well. Beds were comfortable, and shower was good pressure and temperature.

1  Thank Tryatleastonce
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with Mantra Tullamarine. I am pleased you found the rooms and the service to your satisfaction. I have noted your comments re the lights and informed our maintenance dept and the housekeeper to look into this. Thank you again and hope we can be of service in the future

Kind regards

Reviewed June 14, 2012

During a long stay at the Mantra Tullamarine all the staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean and housekeeping was excellent. Great tv and satellite channels and a very clean and comfy bed made me not want to leave the room!
The hotel is very close to the airport and a large shopping centre. No kitchen/cooking facilities except for a fridge and kettle, however there are many room service options. Gym was very well equipped with up-to-date equipment.
Overall a very great experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bess J
Mantratulla, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback I am pleased you had a pleasant stay and we met your expectations. We hope we can be of service in the future

best regards

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed here in June 2012 only for one night. I found the staff very helpful, the food quite reasonable and the room that I had was large and spacious with a very comfortable bed (I had a King size bed). I would definately stay here again if I needed to stay within a 10 minute of the airport. The only fault really was the quality of the cooked buffet breakfast - I have had much better in similar places.

Room Tip: Get the King sized bed.
1  Thank TheSnakebite
Mantratulla, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased we met your expectations and you had a pleasant stay. I am dissapointed you found the breakfast buffet not to your expectation. Would appreciate if you are able to eloborate so that we can take the necessary corrective action. You are welcomed to contact me direct on my e-mail rufus.pereira@mantra.com.au.

kind regards

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We rang the hotel whilst on the road and were told the tarrif would be $189 for one night. On arrival we were told that there was no parking but could park on street or in the multi level next door for $17 per night. Not happy! The parking was on the top floor out in the open and it was windy and raining.We ordered room service for our evening meal but there was nowhere to eat it with only one chair and a very small table to take one plate at a time. The meal was second rate at best and I have had better at a second rate Irish pub at half the price. The lighting in the bathroom was gloomy to say the least and the room was cramped with room for only one suitcase. I get more TV channels at home and I don't even have pay TV!! To top it off, on booking they asked for our credit card number and on check out charged us an extra 2% fee without warning! This is unlawful as is the $200 penalty if you lose the parking ticket! The staff were rude and unhelpful and we left feeling ripped off.

Room Tip: Try booking elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kilpandy

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from Room Service and offer my personal apology. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef, rest assured he will look in to it and take corrective action. I apologise if the staff member who took your booking did not inform you of the additional charges for parking.

All Mantra Hotels have a select number of free to air channels, cable and a range of movies on-demand for the viewing pleasure of our guests. I have noted your commente re the limited number of free to air channels which I will share with our marketing department for their consideration.

Kind Regards

Rufus Pereira

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
Ciloms Airport Lodge
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!