“A Great Ride and Wonderful Experience”

Bogong Horseback Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tawonga
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring horse riding holidays in the spectacular Australian High Country of North East Victoria. Combining great horses with the natural splendor of the Bogongs, we have operated our award winning rides for over 20 years. From two hour trail rides to multi day pack horse expeditions into the Alpine National Park.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I took the 5 day ride in December and loved it. What a great experience. These people really know horses and the high country. Great hospitality too. Lin and Daisy led the ride and we had plenty of help along the way including some very helpful natural horsemanship training.
We started from the farm which has recently built high quality accommodation. A dinner together on the Sunday night set the scene for our 5 day ride together. Everything was carried on pack horses except our own essentials in saddle bags. I really appreciated the trouble they went to in horse selection. Well trained horses who handle the varying terrain with ease. The ride is an adventure, beautiful scenery, sometimes a challenge but always fun. I had not ridden for some time but it comes back easily. Cantering across the high plains was a buzz. The camps were in beautiful locations with great food, wine, a camp fire with good company. The swag is an excellent solution for the sometimes cold nights. I could not recommend this ride adventure ride highly enough. So if you love horses, and want to get back to it, and enjoy a challenge - then this is for you.

2  Thank Gary C

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My daughter and I went on a 3 hour trail ride cup day and had a fabulous time .. I was extremely impressed with how professional the staff were , also what impressed me was the exelent condition the horses were in ,clearly well looked after . Their theory of natural horsemanship , their breading and breaking in of their own horses certainly made our experience just perfect . I can't wait to return and am looking forward to the cabins to be finished so we can enjoy a weekend of horse riding .

1  Thank Julieabroad2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our party involved 5 families of varying ages (10+) and everyone, without exception, had an awesome time. This highly professional outfit provides a level of instruction and on-ride support that makes everyone feel safe and for the first time ever, I felt in control. The are beautifully looked after horses that will move with the rider (even those of us with basic instruction) as opposed to hacks that follow in a line regardless of instructions. I can't wait to see cabins complete so we can return for long. Well done!

1  Thank Eskimosmuzie
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I teach horse riding and my friend has only ridden a horse once and we both had the best time in a group of other riders. The horses are extremely happy and well looked after which is always my concern with trail riding centres. The staff were totally professional and knowledgeble, making the ride very safe and lots of fun. Everyone in the group walked, trotted and cantered competently even though some had never been on a horse, which is all down to the amazing preparation of each horse and the care taken in looking after everything. I loved talking with Daisy and was very inspired by what they've created there, we had such a great time we stayed for lunch and chatted to everyone. We can't wait to go back and will be booking early for a week's camping and riding in the mountains - woo hoo!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our party of 5 teenage girls had a wonderful time horse riding for an afternoon with Daisy, Clay and the rest of the Bogong team. The ride started with a wonderful session on Natural Horsemanship and how to ride for the beginners in our party. After a short practice in the yards
learning how to trot and canter, the party set off on their adventure. The horses are very well trained and and are kept in beautiful condition. The stables are picturesque and the countryside is spectacular. The staff are so helpful and reassuring and provide every rider with an opportunity to 'have a go'.We will definitely be going back for another ride once the 'soon to be finished' accommodation is complete. This place is a standout.