“Fantastic day - really great horses”

Bogong Horseback Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tawonga
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring horse riding holidays in the spectacular Australian High Country of North East Victoria. Combining great horses with the natural splendor of the Bogongs, we have operated our award winning rides for over 20 years. From two hour trail rides to multi day pack horse expeditions into the Alpine National Park.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Today's ride was really great. One of us had only ridden once before and was given a beautifully trained horse enabling him to canter perfectly on his first ever try.
Lovely people, gorgeous scenery, very well-trained and well mannered horses. Will go again!

1  Thank John T
There are newer reviews for Bogong Horseback Adventures

Reviewed July 31, 2013

For my dads 70th birthday, one of my sisters organised this trip with Bogong Horseback Adventures - IT WAS FANTASTIC!
Our guide for the day was Daisy - starting off with a demonstration for the total beginners that have never been on a horse before, then a walk around the yards to get comfortable on the horses and learn how to 'operate' it. And after that we were off down the dirt track on our adventure. We went through water and up the bush, with plenty of opportunity for trotting and cantering or jumping over logs for the more experienced ones.
The scenery was amazing! Snow cap mountains, lush green grass and a beautiful sunny day!
Totally recommend them to everyone and for all ages and genders.
The price was very fair too.
Thank you soo much Daisy!

1  Thank Sally R
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Over the Queens Birthday weekend, my boyfriend and I did the half day ride with lunch.
So… I (Maria) had a nasty horse riding experience when I was younger and for the better part of 15 years have been absolutely terrified of 'getting back on the horse' - so to speak.
From the first phone call to BHA, I knew this would be an experience of a lifetime. The lovely old man who answered my call asked whether I was a beginner - to which I replied "yes" and I went on to tell him about what had happened to me 15 yrs earlier. He replied "I'm sorry that you had that experience years ago, we will make sure that your experience with us is a positive and memorable one". How lovely - I was sold!
After a brief and amusing introduction to horse riding 101 by Clay and with my heart racing at a million miles an hour, we were perfectly matched to our horses (Snowy for me) and off we went for an adventure of a lifetime!!
This was a true personal challenge for me and the sincere concern, attention and care for me by the whole team - especially Daisy and Flo - was so meaningful and deeply appreciated!
I managed to trot (well sort of...) but was too scared to canter and was not at any time made to feel like I had to do anything I was uncomfortable with. At one point, whilst the others went off being the 'man/woman from snowy river', spent some time alone with Daisy who taught me so much in that short 20 mins or so and really put my mind at ease. The nerves faded and I then noticed Snowy slowly responding to me - as I was obviously riding more efficiently and confidently with Daisy's unbelievable guidance. I LOVED the river crossings!
This was not only an amazing and emotional day for myself (and my boyfriend) but a true bucket list moment that I will never EVER forget.
Eternally grateful to Daisy and Flo for their patience and kindness - I (and my friends) will be back! I felt safe the entire time and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Lunch was also delicious - definitely catered for the vegos of this world (me). Yummy!
Many many thanks to all and keep up the amazing work you do.
Maria

1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My sister Sophie my dad John and I all enjoyed adventuring with horses. At first Sophie was the one we went for Sophie was fine because she had ridden before but me and my dad were really scared of these horses they were really big especially my dad's horse he was the biggest and he was called Basil my horse was called Joker and my sisters horse was called Dargo they were all great horses and especially mine who I thought was a gentle giant although we slipped a bit in the mud. It was a lovely day that we went on and I will never forget that day. The scariest thing on my journey was when we had to cross the river it was really fast and I thought my horse was going to fall of the edge or trip over and I would go down stream but we didn't Joker was very good and after me and my sister were shouting at our horses to get over the river we were overjoyed and patted our horses after one of the supervises started laughing at us called flo who came from France but it was ok that she was laughing because I've got to admit it was pretty funny. I would just like to say thanks to Clay and his brother for giving us the opportunity and Daisy for telling us and showing us how to ride a horse and for Sophia and flo for taking care of us all the way there and back. thank you and we will be sure to come back and stay in your wonderful Hotel when it is done and I really appreciate taking the effort to show us around your hotel is was awesome I really like the Graffiti. From Oliver, Sophie and John :) :) :) :)

1  Thank Oliver R
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a fabulous way to spend the Queens Birthday weekend but up in the high country at Bogong Horseback Adventures! The staff are fabulous and very chatty and friendly! A beautiful ride was provided, I expected none less from a fantastic business! The staff (Daisy, Will, Annika, Brendan ) were very friendly indeed! The demonstration at the start was very entertaining! A very wonderful ride and a great way to spend a day in the high country! An experience for absolutely everyone, wether you've ridden all your life or never sat in a saddle before, I'll be coming back as soon as I can!

1  Thank Cookies4all