“New Years Eve Pack Horse Trek to Falls Creek with BHA”

Bogong Horseback Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tawonga
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring horse riding holidays in the spectacular Australian High Country of North East Victoria. Combining great horses with the natural splendor of the Bogongs, we have operated our award winning rides for over 20 years. From two hour trail rides to multi day pack horse expeditions into the Alpine National Park.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“New Years Eve Pack Horse Trek to Falls Creek with BHA”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the most amazing holiday I have ever been on, and I am most certainly signing up for another ride later in the year. I went with my 65 yo mother and my sister, and we had beautiful horses, wonderful hosts, an amazing group of guests, and some of the most scenic locations you can hope to find in Australia. It was like a little taste of Survivor (on horseback) only you got gourmet meals cooked for you, real brewed coffee to drink on breaks, amazing home grown/baked produce, and wine/beer every night as well! It was difficult settling back into the reality of home life when it all ended, but I have some lovely memories and learned a lot about natural horsemanship, rolling swags, whittling down your belongings to fit them into saddle bags, and taking photos over your shoulder whilst riding mountain paths! My tips for the ride are to wear Joddies or skins under your jeans, take some hand sanitiser and lots of sunblock, and a microfibre towel as the normal ones are too large to fold into your saddle bags. Also a must are a sense of humour, a willingness to help out (it makes the experience more satisfying and enjoyable) and lots of wet wipes! My compliments to the Baird family for a totally awesome experience!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rose D

Parkdale, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect way to view this amazing country-side”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a group of 8 friends do the half-day ride at Falls Creek and it was amazing! Daisy and the gang who run BHA were professional and welcoming and it was evident from the moment we arrived how much they loved and respected the horses. We had a variety of riding experience within our group, and all of us felt extremely comfortable with the horses we were given to ride and the amount of support provided by the leaders. The girls from BHA made sure we got the most out of our day and led us through amazing untouched country-side, and we even saw some wild brumbys! We all left very happy with our afternoon, and I feel lucky that I have had this amazing experience!

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Horse riding Adventure 2012/2013”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A fabulous week of adventure with Bogong Horse riding Adventure (BHA). LEAVE TECHNOLOGY AT HOME, My husband and I did this trip for our Xmas break and loved seeing the New Year in under the stars. BHA supplied everything we wanted in a holiday including excellent food, entertainment (campfire chats) and adventure ( horse riding ) in the mountains of the Alpine region. Fantastic crew, met some great people and all the horses were gorgeous, including the pack mule, George. A great trip for those who want real experiences and love sleeping under the stars! Recommend basic horse skills however the horses cater for all riders. Jodhpurs or skins under riding jeans a must. Necessary items to take... Hand sanitisers, your guitar, small camera and your sense of humour. The Baird family will take care of the rest. Thanks again to Lin, Nils, Mike (no mobile mike) and V.

Benalla, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have to try this ride and lunch.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would not have done this had it not been for my daughter organising a work Christmas function,
I got roped in to go, and as I had no past horse riding experience I was a little reserved.
We had a two hour drive before the 8.30 start, it poured rain as we got closer, but cleared just as we arrived.
The people were friendly, and the horse's looked healthy and happy.
I was matched up with "Wooly Butt", he was a huge horse, way more horse than I thought I would start with, I was assured he was a gentle giant. Clay gave us a comprehensive run down on what we needed to know, we had a little practice and then headed off.
The ride started at a nice slow pace and Wooly and I got to know each other better, it was quite amazing going from no horse riding experience to doing all the different things we did, I have never been a horse person, but I really did enjoy this ride, I think everyone in the group(about fifteen) did, and I am pretty sure I will be back again requesting Wooly as my horse.
So a ride you just have to do, but stay for lunch, it is truly amazing and well worth the little extra.
We had a perfect day and felt really looked after by Clay, his family and crew.

Wodonga, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Totally exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had bought a gift voucher for my partner for Christmas last year and wasn't planning on joining him for the day but I'm so glad I did. I'm not an experienced rider at all and had such a great day. We chose a half day ride with lunch. After arriving at Spring Spur, we were given a warm welcome by Clay and the crew, fitted with helmets and boots for those who needed them and matched to horses of our ability. We had a 3 hour ride through the National Park and down tracks and creeks of Tawonga. The opportunity to trot and canter is there throughout the 3 hours. On our return, lunch was ready and was amazing! We would have gone for that alone! Kath and the family and staff's hospitality felt like we were visiting friends. They're building lodges themselves for accommodation and these aren't far from being complete and we'll be back once they are. Fantastic day that we'd recommend to anyone.