“Yee haa! This was fun”

Bogong Horseback Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tawonga
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring horse riding holidays in the spectacular Australian High Country of North East Victoria. Combining great horses with the natural splendor of the Bogongs, we have operated our award winning rides for over 20 years. From two hour trail rides to multi day pack horse expeditions into the Alpine National Park.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Have never been on a horse before. Thought it was time to try to ride. Glad the place we stayed recommended this for us! Glad we had a spa to go home to.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I rode on the 29/10/2012 and can safely say this is the best horse riding experience I've ever had.

The horses looked healthy and relaxed and were well behaved. The horse I rode was a good match for me and apart from him trying eat at every opportunity was easy to control.

The property is located in a particular beautiful spot near a national park. As part of the ride you follow some trails, cross a few streams and enter the national park. If you're up for it there are several opportunities to get a good canter in.

I opted for a 3 hour ride and received a lot of expert guidance from my 2 guides Angie and V. I'm not an experienced rider and they helped me correct my technique.

Angie told me she likes people to go home "feeling" like they have been horse riding. I "felt" like I had been horse riding for at least 3 days afterwards.

Thanks Angie and V for a great day. :-)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just spent the best 2 hour ride with Bogong Horseback Adventures in Mount Beauty. These people are expert horseman, they practice what they preach, have the best mannered, trained and well looked after horses. They match up riders to the horses nature and experience and every rider felt confident and happy with their mounts. They obviously are passionate about their work and are so keen to share all this with you. This was our second visit and we loved it just as much as the first time. Our next visit hopes to be a pack trip, hope the bottom will manage

Reviewed October 31, 2012

was my first time riding, was a blast.
great girls always there to help,
walked through some creeks rivers canter up hill trotting

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We couldnt leave the country without going for a Horse Ride, so we looked up Horse Riding in the area and found Bogong Horseback Adventures just down the road as it turns out. After spending a lifetime of basic run of the mill Horse Riding in Sydney, we had our minds blown after being taken on a 3 hour ride through the country side then up the mountains in the Alpine National Park. Have never felt such freedom to Canter and trot (when it was safe of course!) and basically just have an amazing ride. The guides and owners are super welcoming and warm and genuinely care about their horses which is so important and lovely to see. The horses were gorgeous and we were lucky enough to see two little foals that were just 2 days old. Adorable! Can't wait to come back to Mt Beauty just to ride there again, and we are even considering coming down to do a trail ride over a few days when we can. Definitely recommend this place!