“Clean and Comfortable - very good value”

Mountain Creek Motel
Mountain Creek Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Tawonga B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This is our second stay on a trip to the snow. It gives us flexability to ski either Falls or Hotham. The hotel is by no means 5 star, but it is comfortable and clean and we have found management very helpful and friendly both times. Have not tried the pool but the spa is a welcome respite after a days skiing. It does have strong chlorine though. Walking distance to the Bogong Hotel - excellent steaks and well priced local red wine.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room - I suspect they are quieter (note there are no lifts)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelbourneWoody
There are newer reviews for Mountain Creek Motel

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Whenever we have family or friends visiting we have no hesitation in booking this motel for them. The staff have always been friendly & professional, with great local knowledge. The rooms, very comfortable and clean. With the location ideal for skiing trips to Falls Ck which is just up the road.

Room Tip: Book in advance, especially during winter & school holidays.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KentAustralia
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. The room was very clean and tidy. The people provided everything necessary for a great stay! The pool, spa and sauna were great! I would definitely recommend staying here as the owners were very friendly and went out of their way to fufill our needs.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My friend and I recently stayed here for one night as we passed through the town, and we were both VERY unsatisfied with the service provided by the couple who run the motel. They were both quite rude to me, especially the husband, and they both treated my friend and I like we were rowdy teenagers looking to cause trouble, even though we are both in our 30's and arrived late at night and just wanted to go to sleep so we could leave early the next morning.

They put us in a 5-bed room, and we were asked not to touch any of the spare 3 beds so that they dont have to clean them the next day (?!?!)

I called ahead to see if I could use their internet in the reception, and was told that would be fine. However when I went into the reception in the morning to use the internet, the husband was unbelievably rude to me and basically told me to go and use the internet cafe in Mount Beauty in a very abrupt and disrespectful manner. If he had spoken to me like I was an equal human being then I would have been fine with not being able to use the internet, and it also would have helped if they hadn't already told me that I could use their internet when I had called earlier that day to check.

I dont think people with that kind of attitude should be running a motel, where some kind of knowledge of customer service is required. I am disappointed and disgusted and think they both need to lighten up a little.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank APinti
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Drove up from Melbourne (beautiful drive) and stay overnight so we could ski Falls all day the next day. Only 30 minutes away from the slops. I usually stay at 4-5 star places but settled for Mountain Creek Hotel (3.5 self rated stars) because it was close and we were only staying one night.

Have to say I was overly impressed. This motel has now taken first place on my 'Value For Money ladder'. Granted it was an older place but it was so well kept and the wonderful customer service from the owner honestly made it deserve an extra star.

Rooms very well kept, basic but all amenities included in the rooms. Great shower pressure. Even had a communal spa and sauna which was in great shape. Amazing views . Really couldn't of asked for anything more for the price we paid. It was truly a steal. Wood strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for accommodation near Falls Creek.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tawonga
Mount Beauty Motor Inn
#1 of 3 in Mount Beauty
Snowgum Motel
Snowgum Motel
#3 of 3 in Tawonga South

Been to Mountain Creek Motel? Share your experiences!