“Roomy, quiet and well located”
Review of Quest Narre Warren

Quest Narre Warren
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Narre Warren
Reviewed December 10, 2012

First stop in a Quest property and loved the fact the 2-bed apartment was so spacious which made the stay with our 2 yr old daughter much better.

The location is very good also with good access to the freeway and the Yarra Valley. Heaps of shops and fast food places nearby too.

Only 2 faults, the room had a persistent food smell, presumably from previous occupants...nothing would shift it, and there was no check out procedure if you were leaving before 9am on a Sunday when recepion was closed. We ended up shiving the key under the door to reception.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Diane F, Manager at Quest Narre Warren, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Smilerneil,

Thank you for your review and wonderful contribution to Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear you found the spacious 2 bedroom apartment comfortable for your family. The location is excellent, just nearby the freeway connecting guests such as yourselves to the Yarra Valley, Phillip Island, Mornington Peninsula or Melbourne City. Quest Narre Warren provides a great base.

Thank you for mentioning the apartment aroma, I will speak with housekeeping to see if there is anything further we can do. In future, if you will be departing prior to reception opening, simply leave the key in your apartment and close the door firmly behind you when leaving. We did locate your key and thank you for leaving it in a safe place for us.

Thank you for staying with us at Quest Narre Warren, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Diane and Segar

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stay here at least 2 nights per week, and thought i'd share with you my experiences. Everyone is so helpful and friendly and go out of their way to assist you with whatever it is you're after. I am lucky and always get the same room.

An example of how they know me is that they move the alarm clock over to the other side of the bed, so that I can plug in my phone at night. They know I hate the cold, so there is always a radiator in the bedroom. They know my preferences and I've never had a incorrect account at the end of my stay.

The one bedroom consists of a dining area, a separate lounge, and ensuite with a washer and dryer. Although some of the tables are scratched this isn't a problem at all. The beds are two single king sized beds pushed together. There is a nice terrace facing a fence, with nice plants in. I guess in the summer months, they will place a table and chairs outside to sit on.

The type of guest that stays here is quite "unique" I've seen builders, road workers, professional people, students and people staying to visit family and friends. The only concern I'd have is that there is no air conditioning in the bedrooms. Apart from this, I can't fault this property, and actually enjoy my stays there.

The other area of concern, which really isn't the fault of the property is the lack of decent places to eat within walking distance. La Porchetta offers "Italian style meals" and is a 30 second walk from the main entrance, and quality isn't really their main objective... Berwick is just up the road and has a variety of places to eat.

Nothing is ever a problem here, and if there is a problem, it's sorted within 20 seconds! I'd highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jakin4
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I booked this place because of location (my friends were having an engagement party in Narre Warren South) but the place is quite spacious for a whole family to be here. There was only one bedroom with ensuite (from recollection?) but also a lounge room, kitchen, laundry, toilets and showers + bath.

It's a great stopover if you were coming into Melbourne on the M1 and there is a shopping centre not too far away. Again, I didn't have access to a car, so I had to catch a cab around if I had to leave. The TV had access to Foxtel, the rooms could be accessed from the rear and there was parking close by as well.

A tip - there's a church nearby on Sunday, and a lot of the church goers park their cars on the premises on Sunday morning. So you might even lose your spot or find it hard to get one if you are around at that time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jbones999
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family spent a month a Quest Narre Warren. It is in a good location, close to Fountain's Gate and the growing suburns in the South-East of Melbourne. The service provided by the team at Quest was excellent and we were impressed by the friendliness of all staff. As we are new to Australia and were looking for a property in the area they provided us with advice where to look. We will never forget our first month in Australia and the time spent at Quest.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex N
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just off the M1 onto the Princes Highway, these apartments are well equipped and serviced daily. About an hour from the CBD of Melbourne for a convenient start to the day in the city or more relaxed access to Yarra Valley, Western Port or South Gippsland. If you are doing "the lap" this is a good stopover point. Easy to book online and very helpful staff.
Fountain Gate Shopping Mall, of Kath and Kim fame, is close by and has all the shopping you could want in the economical to mid price range, supermarkets and fast food.
My apartment had a spacious lounge, dining area and kitchenette. Bathroom included a mini laundry with machines. A good size desk to work from in the living area but unfortunately wireless internet was expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CandJ60
Diane F, Manager at Quest Narre Warren, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear CandJ60,
The team at Quest Narre Warren appreciates the time taken to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found the apartments spacious, well equipped and comfortable. We do pride ourselves on providing top quality service, so we are happy to hear that you found the booking process easy with our friendly staff. The feedback regarding internet pricing is valued and we endeavor to investigate this further in the future. Nevertheless, the team at Quest Narre Warren looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards, Diane Fisher.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment, room smelled like stale cigarette smoke.
Bedding was clean but furniture very old, scratched & worn.
Room opposite carpark so it was very noisy which was dissapointing as we came for a quiet couple of days.
Bathroom & Ensuite need updating paint coming off walls & painters arrived 8.30 am on our second morning setting up outside our room!!
Television in main bedroom needs antenna as all channels were blurry.
I would definetely steer clear of this place I paid $480 for 2 days definetly not worth it at all.
Staff were friendly & pleasant but overall I would NOT recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Manser5
Diane F, Manager at Quest Narre Warren, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Manser5
Firstly, I apologise for the inconvenience created by all of the issues you have raised. We take great care to ensure that important matters such as these are properly dealt with, although on this occasion we have not. On this occasion we have clearly not succeeded in meeting your expectations and the basic Quest standards. We spoke to House Keeping immediately and Reception; we were unable to track back to see what actually caused the initial concern. We have spoken to all staff: in particular the staff in training to ensure the issues does not happen again. As you found, we are in the process of upgrading our property. I have reminded the tradespeople that work on the property that maintenance is not to start until 9am.
We are glad that you found the staff friendly and pleasant and we hope you will give us a chance again to regain your confidence.
We hope your experience with us at Quest Narre Warren will not spoil a continued relationship with other Quest Apartments throughout Australia.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

When recently visiting family in Melbourne this hotel turned out to be a great option. It's in the Eastern suburbs and close to where our relatives live, but it's also easy access to the city on the freeway, if you have a hire car. There is a Westfield shopping centre close by. The accomodation was really comfortable and quite spacious, a well eqipped kitchen, a good pool and bbq area. The beds were great and there are two bathrooms in a two bedroom apartment.
The only negative we had was being placed in the apartment next to reception, there is a night lock box there & we had a very inconsiderate couple being noisy at 2am, so I would not want to stay in that particular room again, but I am sure it wouldn't have been a problem in any of the other rooms. We would deffinately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from reception.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Diane F, Manager at Quest Narre Warren, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Hi Mel_Gold Coast,
We appreciate your comments regarding your experience with Quest Narre Warren. The team are glad to hear that your experience of the rooms and facilities at Quest Narre Warren was enjoyable, as well as the location being convenient and easily accessible for your shopping and travel needs.
Thank-you for your feedback regarding the late night noise, we are sorry to hear that this occurred. We have taken this on board and are seeking a solution to prevent this from occurring again.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Quest Narre Warren. Best Regards Diane Fisher Property Team Leader

Also consider these accommodations in or near Narre Warren
The Terrace at The Settlement
Melaleuca Lodge
Melaleuca Lodge
#1 of 1 in Beaconsfield

Been to Quest Narre Warren? Share your experiences!