A surprise Christmas present from my husband which he booked after hearing Deborah speak on a radio travel show. I initially had misgivings as we were driving down from Sydney.
We arrived mid afternoon and were greeted with a cool drink in the Guest Dining/Lounge area overlooking the beautiful gardens and bush. It was a lovely way to relax after our drive.
Our room was beautiful in it Japanese simplicity, with the mats, screens and the wonderful deep Japanese spa with floor to ceiling windows in the bathroom, I knew we were going to be spoilt.
The day was completed with a Couples Hot Stone Massage which helped relieved our tired and stressed out bodies, followed by an amazing Japanese Dinner which was perfect and then best of all an hour of private time in the hot mineral springs spa. We literally floated back to our room. The following day we had a wonderful two course breakfast (no lunch needed after that), a day exploring the beautiful gardens of the resort(including checking out the Balinese Retreat), visiting local sights and the back to the resort for another amazing dinner - This time Thai. We finished the evening with another hour of private time in the mineral springs spa.
All I can say is that it was well worth the trip from Sydney, the staff and service were friendly, welcoming, discreet and went out of their way to make sure we had a lovely stay. The Room, facilities & surrounding gardens were of high quality and well maintained.
We look forward to coming back again to try out the Balinese Mountain Retreat and the new
Moroccan Spa facilities when they open.
Marisa & Ross Quattrocchi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to the world of ancient Japan 45 minutes from Melbourne. Secluded and indulgent. Five course Chef's tasting menu served in the Oriental lounge. New luxury Moroccan Spa and Roman Bathhouse with mineral pool bathing. Sink into your private Japanese style spa overlooking your own private Japanese garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Japanese Mountain Retreat Mineral Springs & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Japanese Mountain Retreat Hotel Montrose
- Japanese Mountain Retreat Mineral Springs & Spa Montrose, Victoria, Australia