My partner and I had a stay at the Japanese Mountain Retreat in August. The place was beautiful and the mineral hot spring was awesome. I have to mention that the bed is so comfortable and we even asked the owner where to purchase it. Everything was just perfect and we really enjoyed our stay.
However we still feel it is overpriced. As compared to other luxury accommodations we have stayed, we think this place is a bit too expensive for what it can provide.
We still enjoyed the stay and it was a pleasant experience but will not come back for this price again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to the world of ancient Japan 45 minutes from Melbourne. Secluded and indulgent. Five course Chef's tasting menu served in the Oriental lounge. New luxury Moroccan Spa and Roman Bathhouse with mineral pool bathing. Sink into your private Japanese style spa overlooking your own private Japanese garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Japanese Mountain Retreat Mineral Springs & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Japanese Mountain Retreat Hotel Montrose
- Japanese Mountain Retreat Mineral Springs & Spa Montrose, Victoria, Australia