“Dated, out of the way, poor service”

Quality Hotel Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mitcham
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is on the highway and the rooms are large, but musty and old dated furniture that one would imagine should have been replaced many years ago.
My request were not met and the first room stunk and I complained and was moved.
There is nothing Quality about this place except its name, its noisy old, dated and very poor value for money.
The bed was minimal comfort and the chair looked like it had been picked up on the side of the road.
Poor service and poor quality rooms and the entire place was sub standard in my opinion, I was very surprised to have booked it from the Qantas site, but would never stay or recommend this place to anyone

Room Tip: Far better cheaper properties around I would not stay here for any reason,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a joke, completely over priced, dirty, smelly, I certainly regret staying. Looks are deceiving, the first impression from the outside was good but it stopped there. The first room stunk like a smoking room at an airport, old furniture & appliances, holes in tiles where the original towel rail & toilet roll holder were. The second room didn't stink, had less furniture but everything was in the same condition. Then when it came time to go to bed there was a flashing green light under the TV which lit up the whole room, turn the TV back on & it would stop flashing, after about 10 minutes of pressing buttons it eventually stopped. Bar/Restaurant things certainly didn't improve here, the bar area had some seating of what were originally red velvet armchairs, the problem was that the arms were no longer red, they were black & sticky from sweat & oil. Then of course there were the paper table clothes in the restaurant, food was OK but that certainly didn't improve the experience. Do yourself a favor DON'T STAY HERE....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Misleading website booking meant disabled room, a phone call from the hotel fixed this - however on booking out wanted to fight over charging the correct room price for the room I stayed in. In the end, I let them keep it. I reckon they might need it cause business isn't going to improve. I stayed here 5 years ago and came away feeling very differently. Look for new management. Then maybe maitainance and service will improve. Tired!
Drawers not clean, bits of paper in them when I arrived. Tap washer need replacing, need tool to turn off taps enough to stop dripping, one downlight over basin blown, brown rusty water coming from cold water tap handle area, toilet seat misaligned. Some bathroom fittings have been up-graded, unfortunately the old screwholes etc are very noticeable.
The rooms face onto the restaurant area. Thursday, Friday night not too bad, but the very loud 'get up and go' music before 7 am on Saturday morning was bad!
I got up and went.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank R S
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night, a Saturday, and it was comfortbale enough. The TV suffered from poor reception so we couldnt pick up all the channels but that was about the only bad point. There is a restaurant inside and all of the rooms face onto that which could be noisy but we didnt get back to the room until after 11 pm so it was quiet. Plenty of undercover parking on site. The bar is handy for a drink while waiting for others to get ready. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Well worth the 5 stars - we won a raffle and upgraded to the spa room for only $40 more - received chocolates and Champagne as well. The dinner was wonderful and also the breakfast was fantastic - had a midday checkout as well. The service from all the staff was excellent - the room was one of the largest that we have stayed in.

Room Tip: Have a spa room - I think there are 4 of them in the hotel - they are well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenny1234
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was checked into 1 room and the TV was like it was found at the tip, and the room was dirty and smelly. I complained and was moved to another room & it was very basic, the bed was uncomfortable, the furniture was as if it was found left out on someones nature strip.

I would never go back to this place and was horrified to see it listed on Qantas hotels. If I was to rate it I would give it 1 out of 5
* rooms size 4 out of 5
* cleanliness 2 out of 5
* locations 1 out of 5
* facilities 1 out of 5
* value for money appalling I would not even give it a 1 out of 5 it was grossly overpriced
I would never stay there again even if I was offered it for free.
If anyone was to think this was a hotel worth visiting they must have very poor standards or live in an outback 50year old shackI stayed 2 nights, the hotel called the Quality Hotel Manor is a laugh, the name is so far from the standard of the hotel as the hotel is old, dated and extremely overpriced and very poor quality.

* rooms size 4 out of 5
* cleanliness 2 out of 5
* locations 1 out of 5
* facilities 1 out of 5
I would never stay there again even if I was offered it for free.

Room Tip: Seriously the name of this place is a joke as it does not represent any quality and simply there is...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed two nights here to attend a course in the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for any other purpose. The hotel had no charm, the rooms were impersonal (with bathrooms not very well maintained), and the food average. I was placed in a room in the inner corner of the hotel, and had very poor wi-fi connection as a result (the wi-fi is not for free either). The court/eating area which dominates the hotel inside seems to be quite frequented by local people as a restaurant, even though I can't really understand why they wouldn't choose a normal restaurant instead. The service of the staff was good.

Room Tip: I can't remember which room number I had, but it was in the inner corner of the hotel, next to a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Heidi3030
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mitcham
Ringwood Lake Inn
Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel
Dorset Gardens Hotel
Dorset Gardens Hotel
#2 of 2 in Croydon

Been to Quality Hotel Manor? Share your experiences!