Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Both my partner and I have visited beau monde hotel several times together. it is literally our "go-to" place to stay whenever we have an event on or even just would like a night alone. Service is excellent and all the staff are very friendly and personable and will do anything to make us comfortable. rooms are clean and spacious with a lovely relaxing atmosphere. beds are comfortable and large and i also like that the temperature can be adjusted to my liking with the airconditioner in every room. i would recommend this place to anyone! the only improvements that i could suggest is including a dvd player in the rooms. its a lot to ask to have one in each room so i honestly dont expect that at all! but sometimes its nice to have a night in and watch a dvd :). either way i love it. also as a frequent customer here i would love if there was some sort of loyalty service made. the price is very reasonable however as i go several times a year it does tend to add up. i would love it if frequent customers recieved a discount on their stay or an upgrade or something along those lines. however honestly if there wasnt a loyalty service it still wouldnt stop me from coming back! great work to all the team at beau monde it really is a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, it's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to hear that we are currently working on a loyalty program for our valued return guests, so hopefully you can take advantage of this in the future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you wish to stay and I will gladly offer you a complimentary upgrade.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel
sales@beaumonde.com.au

There are newer reviews for Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed one night in June. Check in was fine no problems, staff member friendly. I decided to take advantage of the spa bath, there were no facecloths which was dissapointing. When I had finished the spa I went to use the hair dryer, that was when I discovered that there were smears of a purple substance (lipstick?) on the tile below the hairdryer.

I discovered coffee cup rings on the table and bedside cabinet which I had not left there. No electric blanket on bed, and only one blanket provided, which in winter time is not adequate . During the night I was woken by a baby crying in an adjoining room (this was ok, babies make noise) what I didn't like was the fact that I could clearly hear what the father was saying to the baby.

For the price of the room and the fact it is a 4.5 star motel, I expected a little better quality than the 3.5 star place in Melb CBD that I've stayed in, which was cheaper, cleaner, less noisy and warmer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MelM1975
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been taken onboard by the Management team to be discussed with the Executive Housekeeper. I am so glad you found our service to be 5/5.
I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel for your next trip to Melbourne.
Warm regards

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed on a Tuesday night for business. The check in process was seamless, with the check in lady being super cheery. Parking is directly underneath which was very handy. The room itself was excellent with a comfortable couch, 3 chairs and a writing desk. The bathroom was also excellent with cnr double spa bath and double vanity unit. Flat screen TV just had standard digital channels (no pay TV) which was a bit disappointing but it wasn't advertised as having Pay TV so I really can't complain. Breakfast was a simple continental affair, although you could order cooked if you chose to. All up it was a really comfortable stay. The bed was magnificent and the room was spacious and clean. Not sure I can ask for much else. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel and I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass your kind feedback about the cheerful Receptionist onto the team. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel for your next trip to Melbourne.
Warm regards

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I don't know what all the fuss is with other people.
This place was cute and cosy, it even had a spa bath.
Bed was big, as was the room.
Mini bar prices were good too!
The girl at reception was lovely, checked us in with no hassle.

It was great that it was only a five minute drive from doncastor shops where there's the cinemas and resturants!
Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.
Thankyou for a enjoyable birthday!

• Stayed: August 2012

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel, it was so nice to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I honestly cannot believe that this hotel is a 4.5 star rating. I just returnded from a family trip for a wedding during the middle of winter where our family booked out around 9 rooms so it would be thought that seeing we were the bulk of their customers for the weekend we would be treated with excellent service. I was wrong. First of all, the two mornings we went to the restaurant for breakfast, most of the dishes on the table were still dirty and there were coffee cups with coffee stains on them on tables that had just been set. It was disgusting and I went elsewhere for my morning coffee. Secondly, my sister cut herself in the room and when we went down to the reception to ask for a bandaid the girl (Oshani) told us that the bandaids were for staff and they cost $2 if we want one. Another 2 staff members informed us that this was not correct when we complained, and by law the hotel should have a first aid kit on hand so maybe a health inspector should be contacted about this issue. Thirdly, when leaving the hotel for the wedding on Saturday my mum asked the girl about ordering a taxi for 25 minutes, the girl (Oshani again) said that she would take care of it, my mum confirmed and asked "so you will order a taxi to be here in 25 minutes?" the girl said "yes." 25 minutes later I come downstairs and ask "has the taxi left?" she said "no I haven't ordered it yet, I will do it now" before she did she finished the call she was on and I had to wait until she finished then until she called the taxi and it came. Because of this delay I missed out on family photos the photographer was taking of the wedding before the church service and I arrived at the venue just in time for the church service. I would like to say that this disgusted me and disappointed the entire family since we were all together for the wedding and I was unable to be in any of the photos because of the stupidity of the receptionist who didn't even acknowledge that she had done something wrong. Fourthly, when we went to oay the bill for the weekend they tried to charge us for an extra breakfast (which no one ordered off the menu) and also charge us an extra $20 for requesting an extra room card (I was told that it would cost $20 if we lost the card which we did not and returned it). As a frequent visitor to Melbourne, I will never stay at this hotel again, for the price I payed and the star rating it received it did not seem acceptable and I can gain better service for a lesser price elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank elyk112
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, however, I must say it is disappointing that you have chosen this public forum to make a personal attack on one of our staff members. Anyone of our Management team would have been available to speak with you during your stay about your frustrations. It is certainly not usual practice to charge for bandaids and this simple mistake has been brought to the attention of the Front Office team - I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have been advised that your party arrived at the restaurant for breakfast shortly after other guests had left (you arrived at the conclusion of breakfast), therefore, leaving tables not yet cleared and re-set. It is most unusual for us to receive any negative comments about our cleanliness and we take this feedback extremely seriously.

The extra charges on your account for additional guests at breakfast were an oversight on the part of our morning Receptionist and were removed from your account immediately. Likewise, the charge for the loan of a second key was removed as soon as the key was returned. Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

I do hope that these small issues did not detract from the wonderful family gathering and wedding that you attended while in Melbourne. Your family have been valued guests of ours for sometime and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The staff were nice and friendly. A nice quiet suburban hotel in a nice quiet suburb - ideal for getting away during the weekend when you don't want to drive far! I had the Groupon deal: two nights, champagne cocktails and a seafood platter to share - fantastic deal! I have also stayed here without a deal - breakfast was included (depends on any special offers) and am happy with the price. The rooms were clean and spacious; it had a spa, a mini bar and a TV, but no DVD player. There is free underground parking. Beau Monde has a restaurant - the food was very nice (yummy eggs benedict for brekky). I have also attended a conference at this venue - small conference rooms - adequate for the number of attendees. The hotel is situated close to shopping (Westfield Doncaster, and other numerous shopping squares), and interesting places to visit e.g. The Heide Museum of Modern Art. Ideal if you have a car. Public transport: buses running along Doncaster Rd. It takes about 20 minutes to get into the city by car.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review about our hotel. It is wonderful to read that you had such a great stay with us and got such a great deal!
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Adequate is the word I would use to describe Beau Monde. We purchased a Groupon deal which really was great value. My wife and I spent two nights at Beau Monde.
The deal included 2 nights and a seafood plate for 2 to share. We had continental breakfast each morning.
The seafood plate was spectacular. Lovely and fresh. The restaurant seemed a little lacklustre in appearance. Nothing exciting. No soft background music. A view of the road. My biggest criticism of the restaurant has to do with the staff eating and drinking in view of the customers. I used to work in hospitality for a long time and this is a no-no. Have a discrete drink out the back please.
The room was nice enough but not outstanding. Cracked tiles in the bathroom which clicked and shifted underfoot whenever stood upon. One of the two bedside lamps in the room was not working: it had some blue tape around the cord, so didn't seem very safe. no more than 5 channels on the tv (in this day and age?!?). Free Wifi which was lovely. There were many cracks in the walls in the hallway leading to our room.

Location of the hotel is perfect. A nice central spot with easy access to shopping, dining and sight-seeing.

Overall a nice, well-priced weekend away, but I wonder if I would be more critical if I hadn't recieved a deal? I think the place has a tonne more potential.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jus d
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Beau Monde on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for completing the feedback form in your room where you commented "The deal was great, seafood was lovely, everything was fine, thank you!".
We are extremely excited to be able to anounce that we are currently drawing up plans for a brand new restaurant at Beau Monde and we will be releasing more information in the near future.
I hope we are able to welcome you back to beau Monde in the near future.
Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Eltham Gateway Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Plus The Tudor-Box Hill
Quest Doncaster
Quest Doncaster
#1 of 1 in Doncaster

Been to Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!