“Lovely but the Ox Tongue left a very bad taste”

Hentley Farm Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a lovely experience here however one of our dishes was ox tongue which I found quite revolting. I recommend going, however I can't recommend highly enough to make sure you list everything you wouldn't eat rather than just your allergies when they sit you down. I honestly would have thought they would let us know that Ox Tongue was on the menu before serving it, as it is not at all everyone's cup of tea and you are paying a lot of money. The waiter who cleared our plates said it wasn't his thing either and he could understand why we didn't eat it.

1  Thank amelia c
There are newer reviews for Hentley Farm Restaurant

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Sadly we didn't have time to dine at Hentley Farm, but we loved their Cellar Door.
Congratulations on the sympathetic restoration of the cottage and it's transformation into a welcoming Cellar Door.
Elegant and practical grounds in which to dine, we were all very sorry we had to rush off.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Theatrical, imaginative delicious food. Excellent service with that trademark Barossa friendliness. The setting was absolutely beautiful and relaxed, and most people will love the anticipation of what the next course will bring (just not my husband). The only downside was that I was left wanting more of the lamb to mop up the amazing wine reduction. The presentation of the dessert was particularly impressive and I enjoyed every minute of it, including the perfectly matched wines.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love good wine,love good food,love good service,put them all together it makes for one amazing experience.Tom at front of house dots all the "I's and "t's"nothing is to much trouble,staff are knowledgeable and friendly without being intrusive.Chef Lachlan Colwill is one innovative chef.The degustation menu is fantastic,presentation is unique,flavours beautiful.looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank hairandwine
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Wonderful food, wine and service. We cannot wait to return. Each course was superb and the wine was matched perfectly.