“Simply done well”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had breakfast here on Market morning. The coffee was one of the better ones that we had on the Island. Breakfast was good value. Service was friendly. There were lots of tempting choices (mmmm those passing pancakes looked yummy). Our breakfast was well presented, with perfectly cooked poached and very tasty bacon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The pancakes were so good we went back for breakfast again the next day! They used local honey and the service was also excellent.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Food took a little time as the cashier missed our order. The food was lovely and fresh on arrival. The coffee was the best tasted on Kangaroo Island so far. Would eat here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

we stopped at Penguin Stop Cafè for breakfast during our last day in KI. We both ordered Cappuccino (was good but I can't give a complete vote since they were take away and I couldn't see in the ceramic cup), muffin and I took pancakes.
The Pancakes were good with yogurt, strawberries, wildberries and honey...my first pancakes experience in Australia and I've to say I really enjoyed.
For what I could see the owners were very kind and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The burger I had here was on the poorer side of average. However, I would definitely be back (for something different!) as they were so friendly and welcoming. Lovely customer service. Also lots of magazines to read, and kids books and coloured pencils. It had a really nice relaxing atmosphere.