“Amazing view to relax and enjoy a drink”
Review of Penneshaw Hotel

Penneshaw Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Penneshaw
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Glass walls at the front of the outdoor area and large windows opening to the sea air capture the light and view for all diners in all weather with new modern alfresco furniture. The Penneshaw Hotel – also known as the “Penny”- has both inside and alfresco dining areas giving the hotel a relaxed casual feel. However, there's nothing casual about the excellent presentation and consistency of the food. With a superb wine list, some of the best pub food SA has to offer and competitive function options the Penny is a perfect crowd pleaser.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had some time to kill before our afternoon ferry trip back to the mainland. We stopped at the local pub. Beautifully renovated. Meals looked good but we didn’t try. We sat on the back terrace with its frameless glass barrier to enjoy the view and sip a cool drink. Heaven! You could even have a coffee or soft drink and enjoy the terrace. Much more enticing than the cafe over the road.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Our last night in KI Decided to have tea at the penneshaw hotel. Service was good and the food was great, the seafood plate was beautiful. The whiting melted in my mouth. What topped the night off was the spectacular view. Well done!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

WOW is all I can say, one of the most amazing views I have ever seen, and the was great. I had the mixed catch - you should see the way they do their salad very unique it was the best fish I have ever had. My husband had the surf n turf and he left nothing on his plate. Service was good considering they were flat out, all staff had a smile on there face. Would go back to KI just for this pub

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Best meal I had on KI. Good service and choice of meals. Wine by the glass a bit pricey but overall I would recommend this pub.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Penneshaw is sleepy but with the Penneshaw Hotel (The Penny) at the heart of it, it creates a centre to the town. We ate here on our first night (tired out from a 12 hour drive and ferry trip from Melbourne) and the food was great, the service excellent and the view that we couldn't believe. Kids loved playing pool in the pub and the bar food is so cheap and terrific. Highly Recommended.