“I don't like seafood, but I love "Fish"”
Review of Fish

Fish
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Penneshaw
Melbourne, Australia
“I don't like seafood, but I love "Fish"”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The way Sue works in her cramped kitchen to prepare the best gourmet fish and chips will make you wonder why local shop back at home needs so many people to turn out boring beige fish and chips.
I don't normall like seafood, but the offerings at Fish are that good that I happily go back night after night to try the ever changing menu.
Get in reasonably early or you might miss out, and don't just have chips...the salads are out of this world so to are the sauces and dressings.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Fentongove

Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous - best restaurant on Kangaroo Island!”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I went to Kangaroo Island with my family and we ate at fish two times it was so good. The fish is perfectly cooked and you get great sides with your meal. They make a different salad every day, that was great each time we had it. Definitely recommend anyone to go there if you are in Penneshaw!

• Visited January 2011
Canberra, Australia
“Best fish and chips of my life!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Eating the perfect chips, grilled fish, and salt and pepper prawns on the foreshore, overlooking the ocean, with a couple of cold beers: life doesn't get better! Highly recommended. Hungry thinking about it.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Susannahaway
london
“Best fish and chips in the world”
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I highly recommend the crumbed flathead we ate recently while in Penneshaw. it was a real highlight of our trip to KI. It's expensive but totally worth it - fresh, delicious fish expertly cooked. We went back three times.

Adelaide
“Such a disappointment”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We just recently visited Kangaroo Island and stayed at Penneshaw. I had marked a visit to Fish as an important part of or holiday as we had brought a family member for their first visit from overseas.

We were terribly disappointed to find that Fish (and the pizza bar) are both closed over the winter months.

Fortunately the Pennshaw Hotel, just next door sells wonderful fish and chips in beer batter for a lot less and the staff and management were fantastic.