We stayed there with 2 rooms for 3 nights in December. The rooms we spacious but the bathrooms were small. The beds were comfy but there was no wifi in the rooms only at reception. We dined in the hotel restaurant on the first night to oysters and some special fish called Kangaroo Island whiting which should have in actuality been called King George whiting. We asked for it to be grilled - a nice way of eating this fish but instead we were served with cold mashed potato, a very poor salad and poached fish that was tasteless and basically ruined. The fish was tasteless and poached to its outer limits. The staff were only interested in getting paid for the meal. We did this albeit unwillingly as the food was of the poorest quality. Other staff on checking out were more amicable and friendly and we were refunded but declined to eat in the restaurant for any further time during our stay. The hotel is in a quite part of th Island and well worth the stay if you don't use the restaurant.
We would stay there again if the finally get wifi for the rooms which we were assured was happening within weeks but don't expect good food from this Mecure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River