What a great little hotel, with our room overlooking the Tasman Sea, with its beautiful hues and colours. From arrival the front manager was terrific, what an asset to the group, nothing a trouble, knowledgable and friendly. His staff were good to, however, as much as they tried hard, being backpackers taking an opportunity to work, they were probably not as efficient as staff that we are used to in other locations.
Happy hour was good, half price from 5 - 6.30pm, and the menu had a variety of selections, we both had the reef and beef, and it was surperb, although expensive - all the choices on the menu are priced well above what we are happy to pay, so you can expect to pay more, but there is no doubting the quantity and quality. Breakfast was different in that the normal continental was available, but the breakfast chef did'nt know how to do a omellette, and the alternate scrambled were pretty rubbery and the bacon overdone - maybe we were there on the wrong morning, but again the quantity was good. A quick dip in the pool which was nowhere near as cold as we thought it'd be, and we were on our way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River