Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$121
$105
Priceline
$76
$70
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
$96
Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn(Kingscote)(Great Value!)
$109
$102
Agoda.com
Kangaroo Island Acacia Apartments(Kingscote)(Great Value!)
$131
Links Lady Bay Resort(Normanville)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
Travelocity
  • Pool
Casuarina Coastal Units(American River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Seaview Lodge Hotel(Kangaroo Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskangaroo islandnespresso machinetv receptionscallopsblack swanswater pressurewine listbreakfast and dinnerrooms are largecomfy bedgreat place to stayquiet locationpleasant staypool viewgreat restaurantstayed nightsday tour
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I used my 1 night complimentary and paid for 1 night due to no more night available for complimentary. I 've been a member for 3 years and accumulated 2 nights from last year never had meals at any time. This time during my stay, I was told that no discount given for breakfast but only dinner. Yet I was not given any discount for dinner for 3 people. I think its a false advertising and lousy service.

We we saw the rooms/facility before booking, I thought it was suitable for us especially my husband smokes. The room given to us was very small for 3 people, no balcony and for my husband to go out for smoke.... had to go to the pool/pergola area ... very inconvenient.

For what I paid for membership and what I got is not worth it. Its too much of a hassle just to get what you're supposed to get.

Maybe because using a complimentary night you got no choice of the room and get the cheap/inferior accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
KI_Lodge_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your comments on board and have made some necessary changes to ensure there is no confusion with regards to discounts. In response to your reply about not receiving a balcony, any requests are simply that. If we can accommodate a change of rooms, we will do this for you without hesitation. We have a lovely outdoor pool area and fantastic water front foreshore where smokers are permitted. Thank you for your review as this has enabled us to make changes for the betterment of our future customers.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Fabulous! As a businessman I travel quite a bit, but All Seasons Kangaroo Island Lodge was better than most. I was happily shown to my room upon arrival, was able to order room service around my work commitments and had my breakfast done as a night tray so I could start the day on a full stomach. The staff were more than helpful, the food the best I've ever had on a business trip. My room was more than adequate; comfortable and the view could have kept me form my work comitments. The staff were the highlight for me, but the facilities; bar, sauna, laundry and wifi made it easy to be away form the family (a little too easy *wink wink*). A must stay for KI particularly if you looking for a quiet place for R&R.

Room Tip: Take the Wallaby walk at night!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusyBusyBusiness

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services suitable for your business trip. We offer a personalised service for all customers including those staying for leisure as well as business. We appreciate you taking the time in your busy schedule to write this review.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

We thought we'd booked two bedrooms and instead it was one room with three twin beds. It felt like a hostel. There were a few worms crawling on the wall and floor of the room and it had that musty smell.

The only place to eat is at the hotel restaurant which is a bit pricey. The food was ok though.

The staff were friendly.

There has got to be better places to stay on the island though.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank boxmoxley

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear you did not receive the room you thought you were getting. In light of this feedback, we have made it clear on our website that the only room type that can be interconnecting (2 bedrooms) is our Waterview room. Given that we are in a beautiful bushland setting, the occasional millipede (worm) can be spotted. Every endeavour is made to ensure minimal numbers are on the property such as spraying. We have also amended our menu in Reflections Restaurant to now include a Bistro menu to accommodate those that do not want fine dining. Thank you for your review as this has enabled us to make changes for the betterment of our future customers.

An Accor traveler
geelong
Reviewed March 29, 2011

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Perth
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. The customer service and friendliness of the staff were obvious from the moment we checked in. The restaurant staff were interested to hear what we had done during the day, our perceptions of their 'island', etc. The service was first rate and above expectation, as was the food - local meat, produce, wines etc. The rooms were clean and had all the amenities. The beds were a bit hard, but .. American River is also a good location to base oneself to explore Kangaroo Island and is a pretty spot.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location in American River affords us the luxury of having a beautiful bushland setting with wildlife and birdlife all around.