“Mrs”
Very good
3 bedroom Bestbrook cabin living room
3 bedroom Bestbrook cabin kitchen
3 bedroom Bestbrook cabin second bedroom
Bestbrook farm stay cabin & horse riding campfire
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
aussie360...
“Mrs”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Third time here for a two night camping holiday with three generations of family and the dogs. Had a fabulous time. Kids (aged 8,9, 12,12,12) had a great time with their bikes, the creek, the campfire and the requisite marshmallows, whip cracking, wagon riding etc. The hillside hike to Gnome Valley was a must to leave gnomes and to visit those left in previous years. Pizzas from the homestead were very, very good. It’s a large property where children can have freedom and experience the outdoors.
Well done Bestbrook. and the dogs. Had a fabulous time. Kids (aged 8,9, 12,12,12) had a great time with their bikes, the creek, the campfire and the requisite marshmallows, whip cracking, wagon riding etc. The hillside hike to Gnome Valley was a must to leave gnomes and to visit those left in previous years. Pizzas from the homestead were very, very good. It’s a large property where children can have freedom and experience the outdoors.
Well done Bestbrook.

Ligoalli
“Beaut family country place to camp so close to Brisbane”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We travelled to Bestbrook for the May Day long weekend. We camped here with another family, 5 kids ranging from 5 to 11 years old, 4 adults and 3 dogs. We camped in a camper trailer while our friends were in 3 tents.

Although I was sceptical looking from the road, I must say that this place is a wonderful, wonderful family fun place to visit like nowhere else.

Bestbrook took me back in mind to my childhood. It is a safe place where children can have independence and go exploring creeks, bush, and hills. The children went everywhere on their bikes and were active from the moment they got up in the morning to when they went to sleep.

There are not many places left these days that allow you to collect firewood on site and build campfires where you choose. They also let you set up camp in a place on the huge property of your choosing. They do not confine you by marking out areas for campsites as so many other places do. There is plenty of room to set up camp with a relaxing outlook, away from other campers.

There is a terrific daily activities menu which you can get involved in as much or as little as your children like. It includes: horse riding, wagon rides, boomerang throwing, cow milking, whip cracking, damper making, swimming, petting farm, movies, children's' games room etc. Such an all round country experience hosted by wonderfully friendly staff and farmer owners.

The restaurant is superb if you want to escape camp cooking or have a 'real' coffee or ice cream or slushie treat. They also have the basics like milk, bread & firewood to purchase.

Bringing your bikes is a must for the kids :)
They cover a lot of ground.

It is fabulous that you can bring your dogs with you and enjoy the family get-away with them. There are not many campsites around that allow you to bring the furry members of the family too.

There were loads of people here at this time of year but the facilities and port- a -loos were well maintained and catered for us all.

I can't recommend this place highly enough as an easily accessible camping retreat from Brisbane, which provides so much freedom from imposed site restrictions that you often are subjected to in other places including national parks.

We can't wait to get back.
Don't change a thing 'BestBrook'. You are doing everything right

Value Location
Cleanliness Service
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Aug 1, 2016
Hi, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We are great believers that if the kids are happy then nine times out of ten the parents will be too.
Mischa987...
Brisbane, Australia
“Not worth the high price tag”
Reviewed April 17, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I emailed them the following negative feedback as they requested I do that instead of write negative reviews on Trip Advisor. One week later and I still haven't even had a reply.....

Curtains on all the windows would go a long way in keeping the cabin that little bit warmer. We were trying to cover the windows with towels, blankets and even the lounge cushions to help keep the edge off the cold. Yes, there is a firestove heater, however, I did not wish to use it because I had two toddlers (ages 2 and 4) with us and NO SAFETY FENCE AROUND THE FIRE AT ALL. However, because it was soooo cold and the children woke at 4am, we had to give in the second night and use the fire. I had to gate their door with the kitchen chairs because as they would leave their room in the night and walk to ours, the fire was directly in their corner-cutting path. Needless to say, I did not sleep very deeply that night.

Yes, my two-year old burnt his hand within the first hour of it being on because I turned around to attend to the dinner and because he is a two-year-old and has to test the boundaries. But on top of that, I did find it very rude that we had to pay for wood for this fire after paying $280 a night. I really do think it would be a nice touch that wood would be complimentary. But to top it off, i was appalled that I had to pay for a box of matches to light the fire!!! In a fully self-contained cabin. That, I felt, was really rude.

I also think it would be helpful to have a couple of signs on the walls to give basic instructions for the fire (especially with regards to when the air inlet should be open or closed) as not everyone has lived with fireplaces or stoves in their homes. Also a sign in the bathroom to explain how to turn off the spa would save the motor in the spa. Yes, buttons are in reach of little children. Yes, it was touched and the motor ran for 30 mins before we realised that it wasn't on a timer, that you had to push the button back in to turn it off.

I do think it would be nice to include more activities throughout the day. A feeding in the morning and in the afternoon, meant a long stretch throughout the day. Yes, the children played on the swings etc and I am extremely grateful for the jumping castle because they loved that and lived on it. In fact, it was the only place where we could sit (on a chair with two legs shorter than the others!!!) while the children played independently.

I had visions of us sitting on the verandah of the cabin while the children played with the balls, hoops and trucks that I packed, but only 10m away the cabin was surrounded by barbed wire fence, meaning that wasn't possible for us.

The children enjoyed the wagon ride, but I was disappointed that it wasn't authentic with horses. Yes, a 4WD is needed for the weight and volume of people, but it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Even a tractor would have made it more "farmlike". The staff were all friendly and very tolerant of children, which I feel is important. As a teacher and parent, I know children can be frustratingly annoying.

It would have been nice to break up the morning with the parent led horseride, but I refused to pay for something that, again, I felt for should be complimentary for someone paying $280 a night. It is a part of a farmstay experience, which I thought we were paying for - a full farm experience.

I was also very concerned that the pool fence is not surely in line with pool safety standards. My two year old was able to move one of the posts and was then able to fit through the gap.

I haven't been to another farmstay to compare, but my children have fed these animals in shopping centres many times and got the same thrill. Maybe holidays are just not a place for toddlers, which is not the fault of any holiday destination as I am starting to see "child-friendly" must be different to "toddler-friendly". But the few things that I would expect in the cabin for the huge price tag, really became the icing on the cake to make my stay rather disappointing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That children were able to milk the cow.
Liked least: Adding extra costs to an already huge price tag
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Apr 26, 2015
Hi Mischa,
Sorry your email to us was not responded to in the time frame you desired but we have been fully occupied with the school holidays.

You are correct there is no safety fence around the fireplace, we have never had an issue with this as most guests control their children to protect them from getting burned, it would be impractical and almost impossible to fence as if it was made of metal it would get hot and still allow them to get burned and if it was wood or plastic it would burn or melt.
Point taken about instructions for fireplace.
Regarding activities throughout the day we do have a full program available it just depends what you want to be involved in.
Yes we have barbed wire as we are a farm and do promote ourselves as a farm stay and farms have barbed wire fences to stop stock getting through the fences.

We do not include any horse riding in our accommodation charges and that is made clear on our web site and all confirmations and advice. Horse riding carries a very hefty insurance premium and that is why many places have ceased this activity.
The pool fence does comply and get's inspected regularly as required. There was a loose paling as you have pointed out and that has been repaired.

Your children may have been able to feed animals in a shopping center but that is nothing like on a real farm and I doubt they collected eggs or milked cows in a shopping center.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your farm stay experience but the majority of our guests do. Thank you for your feedback and maybe your children will enjoy a farm-stay when they get a little older.
vicky e
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome place to stay, visit and eat.”
Reviewed September 8, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We visited Bestbrook Mountain Resort for the first time on Saturday, it was definitely a step back in time looking at all the vintage memorabillia..the staff are so friendly made us feel so welcome.
It is definitely the right place to take your children to learn basic life skills that we received years gone by..no time for Ipads, Ipods, Computers DS or any technology there.
The restaurant is lovely and clean the food is great, the fire place was lovely, keep your toes warm on frosty days.
I will be going back with my grandson, I feel he will learn and benefit from staying a lot longer..I would recommend staying here for a week, 2 weeks or a month.

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Friendly Welcoming Staff
Liked least: seeing not enough rain fallen to fill the dams for the animals
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing