“Wonderful Views ,Excellent Food ,Great Service.”
Review of Mapleton Tavern

Mapleton Tavern
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Mapleton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Twelve of us sat on the verandah of this lovely Tavern for Lunch.
The view over the Blackall Range was astounding.
The Food could not be bettered.Well cooked,tasty and nicely presented.
The service was good and the staff personable and helpul.
As all were senior citizens and did not require a large meal the staff allowed those who so desired to order from the "Children's Menu.

[This is something that other restaurants may look at, as many won't allow this and henceforth lose custom]
I wholeheartedly reccommend this venue to top a lovely drive.

2  Thank joyous39

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Mapleton Tavern is a lovely place to lunch in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. The tavern is a well-maintained, historic building in the little village of Mapleton, with a relaxed atmosphere and wonderful views across the hinterland to the sea. The menu gives a good selection, I had the flathead fillets which were cooked beautifully and served with a fresh salad. We were there on a weekday and it was fairly busy, so I'm guessing that it may be wise to secure your table early on weekends, particularly if you'd like to sit out on the broad verandah to enjoy the breeze and views.

2  Thank Jette_from_Oz
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stopped into the Mapleton Tavern on Sunday for lunch and again had another great meal with even better views. My friend and I both enjoyed the barramundi served with asparagus, broccoli and hollandaise sauce - the fish was perfectly cooked. Definitely looking forward to our next trip up to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland so we can enjoy another meal at this great country pub!

3  Thank DweenieP
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was my first visit in many years and I found the staff not very friendly or helpful, food disappointing. I'm a local who enjoys supporting local businesses but won't be rushing back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We did a day drive from Maroocydore to Caloundra along the back road and stopped for lunch at this Tavern. The food was well presented and tasted good. The staff were all very friendly. The venue itself was top notch for a lunch stop with excellent views towards the coast.