“relaxing getaway and lovely owner's”
Review of Tanglewood Gardens

Tanglewood Gardens
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
“relaxing getaway and lovely owner's”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I went away for 4nights to this beautiful retreat, so nice to get away and not have to worry about a thing. The fire place was definitely a bonus as it was freezing! Waking up to the rainforest was amazing and only a few minutes drive from Montville. The owners Ann and David were very helpful and very welcoming!! Definitely be back there again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Crows Nest, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was so very disappointed in my stay at a unit in Tanglewood Gardens. It had such potential - a pretty setting, quiet and serene. But the unit was very old and mouldy and stank and as a result of breathing it all night I woke with asthma, which I haven't had for about a year. The spa was nice but needed a clean. The pool looked very clean but was too cold for us at the time of day we arrived.

When I spoke with the manager at check-out about the mould smell she said it is in the carpets and they intend to rip them out one unit at a time and put tiles in. Great. Doesn't help me at all though and I won't bother staying here again. In my opinion people shouldn't be staying in these units as breathing in mould is hazardous to our health. Not happy. Luckily for us the towns nearby and parks were fantastic, which made up for the disappointment that Tanglewood Gardens was.

Room Tip: Ask if the rooms have had carpet removed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Carolyn A

Travelers are raving about these Mapleton hotels

Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hi there.

I have lung cancer - stage 4 (I have never been a smoker) and originally my prognosis was not fantastic. Anyway, the other day I said to my Husband "It is difficult to keep smiling - could you please please find me somewhere to run away to and hide with you for a couple of days". I just wanted it so that my positive attitude would come back and I will be determined to fight my battle. My husband, who is my rock and soul mate went onto the internet and then on to trip advisor as we have travelled quite extensively in Australia and overseas. Peter found me Heaven on earth in the form of this wonderful TANGLEWOOD GARDENS RAINFOREST RETREAT. My husband, as always, read all of the reviews (some people complain that they found a spider - they are in a rainforest for goodness sake). Anyway, Ann, the owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met (her husband is lovely too). She could not do enough for us!! She treated us like royalty! She gave us a free bottle of wine, wanted to make us a fire herself - she acted as if it was our home and we were her friends, not guests. The service was FANTASTIC. The resort was amazing. It has a gorgeous chapel that looks sensational at night with fairy lights in the garden that were only second to the hourly sparkle of the lights on the Eiffel Tower in Paris. There is a lovely pool and a fantastic hydrotherapy pool as well. You can have total solitude in 25 acres. You can relax and do nothing or you can do a range of more energetic activities. As far as features of the resort they also have a Scandinavian sauna, a private 3 rink bowling green and Montville is just beautiful. The gardens are scattered with little signs of serendepity.............you have to go and see for yourself. These people are amazing. We arrived as guests and I feel that we left as friends. I cannot speak highly enough of this place. If you want to run away ring Ann today!!!!!!!!!!! Leanne Dallas

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We found Tanglewood Gardens one day when we were driving along the scenic route in the stunning Sunshine Coast hinterland. We loved it up there so much we decided to spend a few days and booked into Tanglewood. The owners Ann and David are so very friendly and couldn't do more to make sure we had a very comfortable and relaxing stay. We had a cabin in the rainforest amongs the beautiful trees and we felt like we were miles away from the hustle and bustle. This place is also close to lots of other attractions and fantastic eating places. We have stayed there since many times and highly recommend it for a relaxing, quiet and peaceful place to stay. It truly is a retreat to get away from the busy life and to chill out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Considering the usual standard of accommodation at the Sunshine Coast hinterland we we confident that this would be a nice place, how wrong we were. Room looked as if. It has never been cleaned. Carpet must have been laid 20 years ago and has never been cleaned properly since. It has a strong smell of dampness and when we talked to staff the just so not seem to care. I have stayed in dodgy 40 year old motels and they are better than this.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Abyss68
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Queenslander is more like a shack, tap water is brown and very smelly, we wouldn't shower or use. Drinking water was provided. Definitely not worth the $485 for 2 nights, we didn't stay the second night. Beds were ok. Probably good option for a group on a budget wanting a bed for the night. Area was nice.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank krayner
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and i really enjoyed our stay and next time would go back as a family the hot spa was great as well as the spa in our room we only saw one person walking around when we stayed and the others when we booked in and out the owner and the wine were very nice thank you

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Katrinajaneleo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mapleton
Clouds of Montville
Peppertree Cottage
Peppertree Cottage
#3 of 5 in Flaxton
Mapleton Cabins & Caravan Park

Been to Tanglewood Gardens? Share your experiences!