“Very peaceful, romantic and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tanglewood Gardens

Tanglewood Gardens
“Very peaceful, romantic and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and i really enjoyed our stay and next time would go back as a family the hot spa was great as well as the spa in our room we only saw one person walking around when we stayed and the others when we booked in and out the owner and the wine were very nice thank you

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Katrinajaneleo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review now because I do not believe some of the reviews rating it high. I have stayed at other places in the area since then and they all have been of a higher standard. It was nothing like their web site described. The pool and spa was discussing, hoses left laying around to trip on. The lawn and gardens around the pool lacked TLC. The cabins themselves were well below par, it needed a lot of maintenance and a good clean. They were still cleaning our little BBQ when we arrived. Expectation is that when you check in everything is ready. The only one that was there to sign us in was the lady trying to clean the cabins. Expectation was that the owner/manager would be there to greet you. Will not be recommending this place to anyone

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank David M

Travelers are raving about these Mapleton hotels

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I went away to Tanglewood Garden and had just a wonderful and relaxing time. The fire place was beautiful along with the cottage. The whole process was just so easy from begining and departure. It was a last minute decision to go away, but one of the best stays we have ever had.

Room Tip: Ask for the rainforest cotages for a couples getaway :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellbowrie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I spent four nights at Tanglewood Gardens earlier this year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our cabin (rondavel) was comfortable and well-equipped, and very cosy when we lit the log-fire! The rainforest setting was beautiful and peaceful, which added to our enjoyment of our holiday. We spent our days exploring the local villages of Montville and Maleny, and even had a day on the beach, just 25 minutes away!
Super place to relax for a few days.

Room Tip: Rondavels are ideal for a couple, there other rooms available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Tanglewood Gardens has to be the one of the most calm and serene places I have ever had the pleasure of staying. For those of us who enjoy the simpler things in life then this place is a must-stay! The forest was abundant with the sounds of nature and the bird life was just fantastic (the scrub turkeys were particularly friendly). We were greeted with friendly smiles and a complimentary bottle of wine before being shown to our Rainforest Cabin through winding paths and over quaint wooden bridges. On the cabins themselves; they were very comfortable, the bed was fantastic and with the wonderfully warm log fire contributed to one of the best nights sleep I've had in a long while. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were simple yet fully stocked and clean, tea, coffee, cutlery, microwave, BBQ, washing up items, iron and board etc, etc. Everything was supplied so one need not leave the cabin! No review about Tanglewood Gardens would be complete without mentioning the heated spa! After a day walking around Montville the spa is a tremendous plus! Now, I have noticed a few comments from other people about the so called "musty" smell about the cabins...yes, there was a certain aroma about the room, however, after owning a log fire myself for a long time I instantly recognized this smell as a burnt wood aroma from the fire place. After the room was open for a while, and a fire was started (with the complimentary wood, starters and kindling...nice touch:)) the smell evaporated. In conclusion I highly recommend a stay in Tanglewood Gardens for one of the most relaxing stays you'll ever have in the Mapleton area. I will defiantly be returning :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My Fiance and I loved our Stay at Tanglewood Gardens. It was relaxing, Calming and a total escape from the Stress of every day life. The first morning I woke up feeling ten years younger. Our Cabin was so cosey and inviting. The staff was friendly, helpful and lovely to talk to. After a long day shopping and seeing the sites, it was Glorious having a nice long soak in the heated spa, which came complete with Hydrotherapy massage beds in the spa. Tanglewood Gardens Cabins are so secluded and are complete with everything you will need for a relaxing stay. The fireplace also adds to the ambient atmosphere, making your cabin romantic and cosey. I 100% recommend Tanglewood Gardens to anyone who really needs a few days of getting away from it all and recharging the batteries. My fiance and I are intending on having our Wedding at Tanglewood Gardens. It will make a lovely setting. Tanglewood Gardens is also just down the road from Montville and Maleny, which come with great shopping and a real country experience. Do yourself a Favor, Book in and let the rest of the world melt away. Soak up the relaxed atmosphere and clear fresh mountain air. You will not regret it. Great Price, Great Service. I love Tanglewood Gardens.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner and I were welcomed at this gorgeous rainforest retreat by a friendly owner who greeted us with a bottle of local wine and walked us through the tall treetops to get to our delux cabin. It was well furnished with a comfy bed and included a spa bath, that looked out towards the rainforest. We only spent the night and will be making another booking as soon as possible. We booked on the website last minute.com and booked the studio hidden under the chapel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mapleton
Clouds of Montville
Eden Lodge
#1 of 3 in Mapleton
Montville Mountain Inn Resort
BIG4 Forest Glen Holiday Resort

Been to Tanglewood Gardens? Share your experiences!