The beautiful scenery of Spicers was really only just beaten by the fantastic service provided from the staff from Kirtsy, Rebeeca, Beth & Ash/Chilli. Well Done & thanks
My family's SPICERS EXPERIENCE started the moment we arrived with the warm & sincere welcome till when we left 3.30pm the next day. Our 1-night stay turned into a totally enjoyable experience & left the kids wanting more. Even from the first moment Rebecca showed us to our table for one of the amazing meal, she recalled all 5 names throughout the night as if we were regulars like the kangaroos in the horse paddock. Ash, Greg & Kirsty were the same.
Ash & Chilli (Yes, even the dog rated highly with the kids) were a hit during Archery & Laser Clay shooting. No so much with Mum, who keep her (Chilli) busy throwing sticks while the barn animals were being feed.
The discussion around horse riding with Beth & 2 geldings that behaved themselves so well, lasted all the way back to the Gold Coast. Yes, the mountain bikes, games room, feeding the horses & barn animals, being 4-metres from 6 wild kangaroos with joeys all took second place.
We stayed in a comfortable 4 bedroom cottage with a fire place, when everything was within walking distance presented convenience plus. Next time, we will take swimmers for the heat spa & lap pool.
I nearly forgot, the breakfast was SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Brisbane set on a stunning 12,000 acre property, Spicers Hidden Vale is a true hidden gem. The retreat is centered around a stunning historic homestead with wide verandas providing views over the little Liverpool Ranges and infinity rock pool. Hatted restaurant Homage is housed inside the homestead where a dedicated team of chefs create masterpieces based entirely on local produce. The original barn is still standing and has been restored, now a place to lounge and relax by the fire, or have beverage or two looking out over the 89 bed market garden. You can set your own pace - for those wanting to relax, there are picnic points, Spa Anise Day Spa, and two beautiful pools with mountain views to relax in. For those wanting a faster pace, there are mountain bike and bush walking trails, 4WD property tours, laser clay and archery. Being a nature refuge, the land is abundant with native wildlife including hundreds of Kangaroos and Wallabies and regular koala sightings. Spicers Hidden Vale has 31 rooms. Choose from Valley View Rooms which overlook the mountains, each with their own private veranda, Heritage suites which stand alone and have their own spa, a cottage for 4, 8 or even 12 guests or for the ultimate experience, Luxury suites which are stand alone, with spacious lounge, spa and private veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Queensland