Our adult family (3 couples) booked a three bedroom cottage here for a Xmas in July celebration. Staff were very helpful with planning and couldn't do enough for us. They had decorated the sitting room in our cottage with all the Xmas trimmings... tree, fireplace mantle etc. They were happy even to organise a special menu for us in the restaurant for our Xmas Dinner. If I had a criticism it would be just a tiny comment that the bedrooms and ensuites were a little bit tired i.e., paintwork etc and there's evidence of water problems above the shower/baths. Toilets looked a little grubby although I'm sure its just that they can't use harsh cleaners because of their treatment system. Water pressure in the cottage was horrible so a 20 minute shower was needed to rinse out the shampoo, and there were times when we were unable to flush the toilet... possibly also due to lack of pressure? Overall, however, it was a beautiful weekend and the staff were wonderfully attentive. Our daughter is pregnant and the restaurant staff were extremely accommodating with her requests for food being cooked through etc. I would say that the restaurant was a little bit expensive for its type, but we thoroughly enjoyed everything. The tennis court needs a bit of attention (it's uneven and some of the line tape has worn off and is flapping about which could be a bit dangerous if you were having a serious hit). The trail ride was wonderful, with a very helpful guide who was understanding of our beginner riders. All in all, I'd recommend this property as a great alternative to the beach weekend away... with its lovely fireplaces, pretty views and historic and stunning homestead with lovely sitting areas to read a book or play chess etc., it's just a thoroughly pleasant winter getaway destination! Our family will certainly be back for Xmas in July weekend next year... thank you Spicers Hidden Vale. Next year we'll try a larger cottage, perhaps the Wagyu and take the grandmother with us...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Brisbane set on a stunning 12,000 acre property, Spicers Hidden Vale is a true hidden gem. The retreat is centered around a stunning historic homestead with wide verandas providing views over the little Liverpool Ranges and infinity rock pool. Hatted restaurant Homage is housed inside the homestead where a dedicated team of chefs create masterpieces based entirely on local produce. The original barn is still standing and has been restored, now a place to lounge and relax by the fire, or have beverage or two looking out over the 89 bed market garden. You can set your own pace - for those wanting to relax, there are picnic points, Spa Anise Day Spa, and two beautiful pools with mountain views to relax in. For those wanting a faster pace, there are mountain bike and bush walking trails, 4WD property tours, laser clay and archery. Being a nature refuge, the land is abundant with native wildlife including hundreds of Kangaroos and Wallabies and regular koala sightings. Spicers Hidden Vale has 31 rooms. Choose from Valley View Rooms which overlook the mountains, each with their own private veranda, Heritage suites which stand alone and have their own spa, a cottage for 4, 8 or even 12 guests or for the ultimate experience, Luxury suites which are stand alone, with spacious lounge, spa and private veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Queensland