Only a one night stay so all comments should be judged in that light.
We stayed in the most basic rooms (Mountain View?). The room itself was clean and comfortable if a little "cutsy" in decor for my taste. The bed was comfortable and well maintained and everything worked well but don't expect anythiong special. The soundproofing could be better but it never really bothered us.
The main lodge is really wonderful - very pleasant and comfortable. It was a delight to sit with a wine by the fireplace and relax. We had dinner in the restaurant in th evening and my expectations were not high however the meal was very good indeed. Not quite in the "superb" category but not far off. The service was generally very good and friendly without being too over-bearing. It was a bit expensive however at least it was good quality and very well presented.
What made our stay was the great recreation facilities. We used the mountain bikes for two rides and they were good quality in generally reasonable condition. The many well signed tracks and plentiful wildlife made for a great experience.
All in all this is a very nice place to stay and we look forward to going back next time for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Brisbane set on a stunning 12,000 acre property, Spicers Hidden Vale is a true hidden gem. The retreat is centered around a stunning historic homestead with wide verandas providing views over the little Liverpool Ranges and infinity rock pool. Hatted restaurant Homage is housed inside the homestead where a dedicated team of chefs create masterpieces based entirely on local produce. The original barn is still standing and has been restored, now a place to lounge and relax by the fire, or have beverage or two looking out over the 89 bed market garden. You can set your own pace - for those wanting to relax, there are picnic points, Spa Anise Day Spa, and two beautiful pools with mountain views to relax in. For those wanting a faster pace, there are mountain bike and bush walking trails, 4WD property tours, laser clay and archery. Being a nature refuge, the land is abundant with native wildlife including hundreds of Kangaroos and Wallabies and regular koala sightings. Spicers Hidden Vale has 31 rooms. Choose from Valley View Rooms which overlook the mountains, each with their own private veranda, Heritage suites which stand alone and have their own spa, a cottage for 4, 8 or even 12 guests or for the ultimate experience, Luxury suites which are stand alone, with spacious lounge, spa and private veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Queensland