“50th Wedding Anniversary”

Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bargara
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We found this to be to our liking, no problems at all. Room old but good and it was all that we needed. Pool and pool area good, location very good. Had two meals in the Restaurant and we found it to be very good, mistake was made with my meal but they were very apologetic and said they would bring me the correct meal but it was so good I said not to bother. It was a little expensive but no more than you would pay at any nice Restaurant. Staff were very attentive and we had no complaints at all. We also had a breakfast and it was great. The older part to this Motel is old but very clean. We will be going back.

Only had one problem that I would like to share. I booked through Hotels.com online as they advertised a special for the period that we wanted. I thought the price was reasonable but when I went to pay my account I found out that Hotels.com charged us $149 commission. It will be the last time that I book through them and advise that before booking anything with them that you check what commission they charge

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Could do with an update as rather 1980's in fixtures and furniture but comfortable, friendly and convenient. That said the bathroom in my penthouse had been refurbished but still 1980's, Although very clean smelt of mould, just needs a good airing out because of the climate.
Restaurant serves cafe food at rather high prices but lovely balmain bugs. Not much choice around so popular.
Well organised and welcoming receptionist.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Advertisement looks good on tv so we thought we would try it instead of our usual place to stay. Rooms ok for what they are. Ate in the restaurant expecting a wonderful dining experience but to our dissappointment very over priced for what you get and staff don't really care for you or your comments. Unfortunately if you are expecting a upmarket experience this is not it. You would be better to stay elsewhere and eat elsewhere. All the hoo ha about the place is not so......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi Thanks for the review.

“Not that great”, it is if you get it. The hoo ha is great when it’s a review written by some one that knows what they are ho ha ing about, maybe reading what others had to say that enjoyed themselves gave you the wrong impression or you just didn’t get it.

“Expecting a wonderful dining experience” unfortunately you come with ludicrous expectations on what you call hoo ha and this is what lead to your disappointment, and price and size was you main motivator, overseas people live with what Australians have taken for granted for years.
And about the "go elsewhere", telling people to go elsewhere, there are no other motels and apartments with a restaurant the owners shut them down to hard, or never spent that sort of money to build one no one wants to do a job where people’s expectations over price make it uneconomical, and to try is to go broke.
"Staff don't really care about your comments" what you want is someone to stop and listen to your comments, when they are too busy, you should have been more understanding and less demanding, all that does is upset someone waiting for service, and puts staff off their job, creating more problems.
“Overpriced” is easy to say but do you understand value and quality and the real cost of all the upmarket food and ingredients, food of any quality is exported out of the country, overseas people are prepared to pay more, the main reason there are less and less restaurants, its uneconomical and cheap is now a culture, and to listen to a blogger is to go broke.
Thanks very much for you informative review…

Reviewed February 28, 2012

upon checking out i asked about 250 dollar security deposit. i was told it would be taken off within 24-48 hrs. upon checking the following week funds are still frozen in my account by them. i called reception to request they fax details to bank. the woman(iris) was extremely rude and unhelpful and actually had the gall to hang up on me. come the following week funds are still frozen so i call back again to be told details have been faxed through. i also tell him about the disgusting service igot and what will he do about it. no comment he said. checked my bank again. they still havent faxed through so they also lied to me. it was the first and last time i will ever stay there. i am didgusted and apalled at the lack of customer service and this is the tourism industry. you should be ashamed.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank mickey1967
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thanks for review.

As the owner of Kacys I can no longer ignore these really bad false reviews, I have been in the hotel industry for forty years and I have found all people that do silly things are always the first to complain and turn it into them being the victim, standard answer to what did you do wrong is nothing their all angels, can you imagine how many angels and know all’s I have run into in forty years, amazing how they like people to think that we are just waiting to abuse someone and that person did nothing. Total rubbish nothing further from the truth, we are people just working in a job, you brought your trouble to the office girl and she politely tried to help you, you money is frozen in your bank do you think for one minute that is going to make us abuse you, fact is we couldn’t care less it’s your money froze in your bank big deal wait for the bank to unfreeze it, or be polite if you want us to do something for you, the funds were frozen in "your account" by "your" bank nothing to do with us you just wanted everyone to drop everything to pandy after you, and you’re going off your head and the mouthful of abuse was way out of order, reading this you make it sound you were an injured party, you injured yourself.

Do you want people to believe we abused you, The Girl in the reception was never rude to you, you were the rude one, you yelled and screamed like a mad person that is more believable to me, and you should be ashamed having got into such a state over nothing?
The trouble with blogs people can write anything they like, today truth means nothing and you’re the one with the gall to write a false one, she hung up, and why not because you abused her over your lack of knowledge on your bank, you got all excited and abusive because you did not understand your banks procedures, and I could not imagine you only abused us I would dare to say you abused them to, and got the run around, your money was in your bank, never in ours, conformation which they promptly got, and who cares if it was a bit late and I zero care if they messed you around, I would never harass someone if the money was safely in my account and it was safely in your account not ours, are you for real, and screaming yelling and abusing the girl in the office could slow the process down, and if that's what happened you deserved it, naive people love to write negative reviews.

The bank took their time releasing it maybe you hassled them, you hassled us, and your version of events is pretty bad so who would know, and what was the big deal no one stole your money, you had it, but you had to go right off the planet abusing us and lying on a blog, you had no right abusing any one and then writing a false review, blame your bank for the delay for not knowing the banks procedures, and as for a fax they got it and you got you money, personally if I was the one faxing and if I had of know what type of person you were I would never have faxed it, and no one can hold your money for too long not even the bank, maybe you abused them to and they made you wait, bad luck be nice, you over reacted and way over the top, everything you have written is a lie, and to top it off because you got upset you bag the whole place, a bit of a power trip via a blog.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We booked into Coral Sands by Kacys, for 1 nite, at Bargara, it is part of the Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex. The room was excellent. It had a little balcony were we ate our breakfast. It was spotlessly clean, and very modern.
But the booking in proceedure was a mission. The person at reception was overwhelmed with just 2 customers, and gave not much in terms of assistance. He definately let down the quality of the experience. Apart from that the location was sensational, the room great, well worth considering.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bruce T
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights (about 2 nights too long) while visiting relatives in Bundaberg. The room was more than satisfactory but relatively small with minimal facilities.
One high point of our stay was breakfast at Rocklatino's Cafe across the road. The coffee and breakfast menu is excellent. This is coming from Sydney types who are used to good coffee. We had dinner at the restaurant on the final night and were somewhat disappointed with the service,the food and the wine list. Whilst it is a nice place to stay on the coast and convenient to Bundaberg, I would recommend that the front staff be further trained in customer service as a situation with noise at night was greeted with indifference the following day and necessitated a request to speak to a supervisor. This situation was unsatisfactorily dealt with as there is no night manager on duty so if the guests have any problems, it was recommended that we call the local Police.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank EJNZTRIP
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hi Thanks for review.
Seems to me the real motive for this review is getting even for something you deemed as unsatisfactorily dealt with, all because your complaint was greeted with indifference and passed off as petty, and we didn't jump to attention because of your perceived idea that guests might have problems, and in forty years I only had to deal with a small amount of domestic marital disputes, your far safer in any hotel than in your own home, a true statistic, what do you want the staff to do run up to the police and say we had a noise last night, you heard a noise, what noise, and from where, don't know, it was last night across the road on the beach, you don't mention where the noise came from.

I have been in the hotel industry a long time seen and heard and seen most things, owned dozens of hospitality venues, so when I built Kacy’s motel and units I knew where we have problems, most hotels have thin walls and noise comes from, tiles, lose furniture and loud TVs, high heel shoes and furniture on tile floors in the middle of the night.

When building Kacys I stipulated how I wanted the motel and the units built to save us from complainers and wingers, Kacys is built to cyclone rating category 5, the internal and external walls are double brick core filled reinforced concrete with thick steel rods, each room is gyprock sheeted with an airlock both sides, carpeted floors mean a noise rating of nearly zero, with cyclone rated heavy duty glass doors when shut very little sound can penetrate, so noise is never an issue, and blogs aren't known for the truth, these are not noisy units, some other units in Bargara only have gyprock walls with insulation in the center and they are noisy, again no comparison, I went the extra yards and spent the money, information for those that want forever cheap.
A large percentage of reviews are written for spite, get even, jealousy, and an awful lack of knowledge.

You’re the witness to your complaint, why didn't you call the police, but from reading this even you considered it not worth the trouble, you just wanted attention from reception, then demanding to speak to the supervisor because you got upset with the receptionist, and after the manager rightful passed it off as nothing you decided to run to your blog and write about the service, and all of a sudden the food and wine list disappointing, and across the road was a really high point, I find from reading hundreds of negative reviews most are not about truth, their mainly written from a lack of knowledge and ignorance, or “get even” if everything doesn’t go their way.

At Kacys we pride ourselves with what we have, we're not pretentious, or arrogant, we use our common sense, and become domestic deaf.
And calling the police in the middle of the night about a NOTHING noise on the beach is not smart for us to do, do that enough times and when something serious comes along they pass it off as just another false complaint from a whiner from the motel, and if it was so important to you, why didn't you go to the police station, instead of annoying the receptionist, and the manager the next morning.

And you finish review off with, whilst it is a "nice place to stay" on the coast and convenient to Bundaberg, you contradicted your own review it a "nice place to stay" in one breath and in the next "we stayed 2 days to long".
"Our high point was restaurant across the road" Always up and down the road is better, and coming from Sydney" we are used to good coffee", really Sydney has good coffee, the review is all over the place, across the road is just sarcasm from upset about indifference from noise complaint, but on the final night you did have dinner but somewhat disappointed with food and service, and the wine list. I know everything you wrote is not truth because the Kacys food has no peers, disappointed in wine list is waffle, "wine selection is in the thousands", no one has this selection of premium aged wines, not even in Sydney, Kacys has a mezzanine climate controlled cellar in the restaurant where you browse for your own, you sarcastically wrote this review because of a petty complaint.

"Rooms satisfactory but relatively small", again you contradict yourself from lack of knowledge, all motel rooms that are built to a 4 star rating, are the same standard size or bigger, and Kacys is 4 stars built and not relatively small.

Too many different costs go on behind the scenes, the amount of money out laid to build, the position of a hotel or restaurant the decor, all this contributes to costs and charges and the success or failure separates one business from another. Everyone wants cheap, and what we have is not comparable with anywhere else, and when the over emotional attention seekers get upset its always better up and down the road, I've been listening to that for forty five years and do you know how many up and down the road joints are still in business "none" that's right, exactly none, the building still there, and the people just go, driven out by whiner’s, most folded within one year to be replaced by a burger joint or left empty, and you also want a night manager you have no idea of the costs this would put on top of a room price, again another statement made from no knowledge, you need at least 100 rooms and in a city where they have night traffic like the sex trade to bother with night managers, and for what one petty complaint about noise across the road or where ever it came from you don't say, no wonder it was met with indifference.
"one high point was cafe across the road" of course it was, CHEAPER TO, we read that stuff all the time on negative reviews, it comes with sarcasm and lack of knowledge, it’s always better up the road, across the road, down the road, and my mates that own units up and down the road listen to the same lies as we do, and none of those up and down the road places ever last more than one year, we have survived forty plus years, think about that.
Funny how people react to people, like front reception staff, "further trained in customer service", I love that one it’s used a lot on negative reviews, if we took any notice of that statement the staff would go nuts and leave from the constant different false opinions, perceptions and demands from amateurs. At Kacys we’re lucky 98% have a great relationship with reception staff they love them to bits, imagine being a front desk person and dealing with a professional complainer.

"the situation unsatisfactorily dealt with" what situation was it, only you heard this noise, and only you complained, and we never heard anything and live next door, and running to police with we heard a noise, and what noise and from where, you don't say your very loose with words and complain a lot, if you want to make a complaint to the police you do it, you’re the witness not us, that's what police are their there for, Bargara has to be the quietest place on earth apart from the sounds of waves.

In life everything is the way it is, not the way it’s supposed to be, that's why 98% of our customers come back to Kacys to enjoy themselves, who cares about some minor small petty things, and to blog it well what can I say, most people just get on with their lives, some days you win and some you lose, accept it, and perfect only exists in Sydney, and we're in bargara, not so perfect and different coffee, but that's why people love to come here, nice relaxing, peaceful, and the fantastic food at the famous Kacys restaurant, with a bit of help from the negative review writers perfect will happen, and pigs fly.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at Kacy's overnight on the 12/01/12 and had a meal in the Restaurant. The rooms were good and had everything we required. The bed was comfortable. In the Restaurant we ordered garlic bread and my wife had the grilled "wild" barrumindi served on "a bed creamy scalloped potatoes". She also had a bowl of garden salad which was priced extra on top of the meal. I had the lamb shanks. The garlic bread was very basic - 4 slices of french loaf with garlic butter spread on it. Upon being served our main meal my wife's barramundi was more akin to an entree than a main meal. It was served on slices of One very small potatoe (singular). I like others don't usually make a fuss or complain but just don't go back to places after such experiences. However on this occasion I was "insulted" that someone would pass this offering off as a main meal especially at the price which only included what I have mentioned. If you wanted any salad or anything else that was $6 plus extra. On this occasion I did make a complaint. Management advised that she looked at the fish after I registered my comlaint with the waitress and to her it did look small but she allegedly weighed it and it was 180grams. I don't believe this to be true as I have eaten 200 gram steaks which looked bigger than this fish. I mentioned that for the price there should be more fish served but I was told it was "wild" barramundi. I think I will ask for a "tame" one next time if it is bigger and costs less. I wish I would have taken a photo of this so as to prove my point. I finished my lamb shanks which was edibile and a good sized meal but nothing out of the ordinary. To their credit our money for the fish meal and salad was refunded as we hadn't touched the meal. My wife went across the road to the fish and chip shop and got a nice sized meal that cost a lot less. The waitress staff were pleasant, attentive and presentable. Kacy's Restaurant had a good reputation some years back which was spread via word of mouth. I hope this review is helpful in returning Kacy's to the standards of years gone by.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PaulTaylorGladstone
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hi Thanks for review.
“You meal more akin to an entrée” We sell hundreds of these wild barramundi meals a week and regular restaurant goers understand price “quantity and quality” and never one complaint about size or price, and no would never compare it to a tame Barra as you call it.

If I read this right, you were insulted over a portion controlled expensive wild Barra fillet that I don’t think you have eaten before. And you drew the conclusions with a tame Barra as you call it and a bit of fish from a fish shop, and you used a bit of steak you once ate as a comparison to size and weight of 200gms, if you had of tasted wild Barra you would never had wrote this, and that is what this is all about your knowledge on Barramundi pricing and size, as for answering the other stuff I think most people can read between the lines.
You complained about paying for a salad, fish and chip shop charges for all extras, your ludicrous expectations and your ignorance on food was the cause of your demise, then you proceeded to harass staff over price, and size, They foolishly relented to your demands to avoid a scene, and you got it all for free then sat and ate it all, truly amazing, why didn’t you just walk out if it was so bad, or was there another motive, a free meal?.
It works like this we set prices and portion controls, not you, we know what we can and have to sell for, we have been in this game for forty years and highly successful, the old saying those that can, do, and those that can’t want to tell everyone how.
Your fish from shop was not the fabulous grilled "wild" barramundi served on "a bed creamy scalloped potatoes, in a high quality restaurant fully staffed with chefs and the works and jerks, and you dare to compare price and size with a farmed muddy tasting tame Barra, you should have focused on eating quality and left the micrometer eye at home.
Kacys is not a small shop with a couple of deep fryers and plastic chairs, Didn’t you notice you’re in paradise, on a large deck overlooking the ocean in a first class restaurant selling first class quality food equal to anywhere in the world at a “quarter of the price” of the big cities, and we houses a vintage aged climate controlled browsing wine cellar, with a dozen different wines sold by the glass and lots of other fabulous selections of great food, ports, cakes and coffees, in a relaxed atmosphere, and soft sea breezes make for an enjoyable event . It’s the way you cope with the unimportant things that makes the difference as to whether you enjoy yourself or not, you upset yourself over your own lack of knowledge.
All this infrastructure, like buildings, staff, position, quality furniture, all costs and all you want is cheap big food in these really nice surroundings for free, this is not what we built Kacy’s for, and it was for those that can appreciate what we have done for this small community and everyone’s enjoyment.
We set our prices, we set portion controls, if we were to take one bit of notice of an amateur we would go BROKE, I have forty years of pricing and sourcing, tasting, products, and you got the benefit of it all for free, 98% of people enjoy what we supply, and the other 2% want to blog their confused knowledge.
You didn't eat it; blogs aren't known for truth, because you did.
And you "will ask for a tame one next time" that’s if it’s bigger and costs less, do you not understand we don’t sell the tame ones, small expensive and delicious is all you will get, that’s all we serve, plus large just edible lamb shanks, and the big chunks of fish and beef are up and down the road, if you can find somewhere still operating.

And even the tiny potatoes was a mystery to you, it went from “potatoes” to potato, it always sounds good on reviews to color them up a bit, they are very special and flavorsome, but you never got to taste it, too busy with price and a big spud, and you want the special grown baby salads for free I do not know where people get this free mentality from, we pay for them and so will you if you want them, nothing free, some people don't want a salad why should someone pay to subsidize yours, look around how many restaurants do you see, maybe went broke not charging for salads.
And to really color up review on rooms, cleanliness and service was all bad, then you say, the waitress staff were pleasant, attentive and presentable, unfortunately truth get stretch a lot on reviews.
Hope you enjoyed you meal.
Thanks for review; it’s given me a chance to straighten out a few myths about quality products.