“Coral Sands by Kacys”

Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bargara
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We booked into Coral Sands by Kacys, for 1 nite, at Bargara, it is part of the Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex. The room was excellent. It had a little balcony were we ate our breakfast. It was spotlessly clean, and very modern.
But the booking in proceedure was a mission. The person at reception was overwhelmed with just 2 customers, and gave not much in terms of assistance. He definately let down the quality of the experience. Apart from that the location was sensational, the room great, well worth considering.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bruce T

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights (about 2 nights too long) while visiting relatives in Bundaberg. The room was more than satisfactory but relatively small with minimal facilities.
One high point of our stay was breakfast at Rocklatino's Cafe across the road. The coffee and breakfast menu is excellent. This is coming from Sydney types who are used to good coffee. We had dinner at the restaurant on the final night and were somewhat disappointed with the service,the food and the wine list. Whilst it is a nice place to stay on the coast and convenient to Bundaberg, I would recommend that the front staff be further trained in customer service as a situation with noise at night was greeted with indifference the following day and necessitated a request to speak to a supervisor. This situation was unsatisfactorily dealt with as there is no night manager on duty so if the guests have any problems, it was recommended that we call the local Police.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank EJNZTRIP
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hi Thanks for review.
Seems to me the real motive for this review is getting even for something you deemed as unsatisfactorily dealt with, all because your complaint was greeted with indifference and passed off as petty, and we didn't jump to attention because of your perceived idea that guests might have problems, and in forty years I only had to deal with a small amount of domestic marital disputes, your far safer in any hotel than in your own home, a true statistic, what do you want the staff to do run up to the police and say we had a noise last night, you heard a noise, what noise, and from where, don't know, it was last night across the road on the beach, you don't mention where the noise came from.

I have been in the hotel industry a long time seen and heard and seen most things, owned dozens of hospitality venues, so when I built Kacy’s motel and units I knew where we have problems, most hotels have thin walls and noise comes from, tiles, lose furniture and loud TVs, high heel shoes and furniture on tile floors in the middle of the night.

When building Kacys I stipulated how I wanted the motel and the units built to save us from complainers and wingers, Kacys is built to cyclone rating category 5, the internal and external walls are double brick core filled reinforced concrete with thick steel rods, each room is gyprock sheeted with an airlock both sides, carpeted floors mean a noise rating of nearly zero, with cyclone rated heavy duty glass doors when shut very little sound can penetrate, so noise is never an issue, and blogs aren't known for the truth, these are not noisy units, some other units in Bargara only have gyprock walls with insulation in the center and they are noisy, again no comparison, I went the extra yards and spent the money, information for those that want forever cheap.
A large percentage of reviews are written for spite, get even, jealousy, and an awful lack of knowledge.

You’re the witness to your complaint, why didn't you call the police, but from reading this even you considered it not worth the trouble, you just wanted attention from reception, then demanding to speak to the supervisor because you got upset with the receptionist, and after the manager rightful passed it off as nothing you decided to run to your blog and write about the service, and all of a sudden the food and wine list disappointing, and across the road was a really high point, I find from reading hundreds of negative reviews most are not about truth, their mainly written from a lack of knowledge and ignorance, or “get even” if everything doesn’t go their way.

At Kacys we pride ourselves with what we have, we're not pretentious, or arrogant, we use our common sense, and become domestic deaf.
And calling the police in the middle of the night about a NOTHING noise on the beach is not smart for us to do, do that enough times and when something serious comes along they pass it off as just another false complaint from a whiner from the motel, and if it was so important to you, why didn't you go to the police station, instead of annoying the receptionist, and the manager the next morning.

And you finish review off with, whilst it is a "nice place to stay" on the coast and convenient to Bundaberg, you contradicted your own review it a "nice place to stay" in one breath and in the next "we stayed 2 days to long".
"Our high point was restaurant across the road" Always up and down the road is better, and coming from Sydney" we are used to good coffee", really Sydney has good coffee, the review is all over the place, across the road is just sarcasm from upset about indifference from noise complaint, but on the final night you did have dinner but somewhat disappointed with food and service, and the wine list. I know everything you wrote is not truth because the Kacys food has no peers, disappointed in wine list is waffle, "wine selection is in the thousands", no one has this selection of premium aged wines, not even in Sydney, Kacys has a mezzanine climate controlled cellar in the restaurant where you browse for your own, you sarcastically wrote this review because of a petty complaint.

"Rooms satisfactory but relatively small", again you contradict yourself from lack of knowledge, all motel rooms that are built to a 4 star rating, are the same standard size or bigger, and Kacys is 4 stars built and not relatively small.

Too many different costs go on behind the scenes, the amount of money out laid to build, the position of a hotel or restaurant the decor, all this contributes to costs and charges and the success or failure separates one business from another. Everyone wants cheap, and what we have is not comparable with anywhere else, and when the over emotional attention seekers get upset its always better up and down the road, I've been listening to that for forty five years and do you know how many up and down the road joints are still in business "none" that's right, exactly none, the building still there, and the people just go, driven out by whiner’s, most folded within one year to be replaced by a burger joint or left empty, and you also want a night manager you have no idea of the costs this would put on top of a room price, again another statement made from no knowledge, you need at least 100 rooms and in a city where they have night traffic like the sex trade to bother with night managers, and for what one petty complaint about noise across the road or where ever it came from you don't say, no wonder it was met with indifference.
"one high point was cafe across the road" of course it was, CHEAPER TO, we read that stuff all the time on negative reviews, it comes with sarcasm and lack of knowledge, it’s always better up the road, across the road, down the road, and my mates that own units up and down the road listen to the same lies as we do, and none of those up and down the road places ever last more than one year, we have survived forty plus years, think about that.
Funny how people react to people, like front reception staff, "further trained in customer service", I love that one it’s used a lot on negative reviews, if we took any notice of that statement the staff would go nuts and leave from the constant different false opinions, perceptions and demands from amateurs. At Kacys we’re lucky 98% have a great relationship with reception staff they love them to bits, imagine being a front desk person and dealing with a professional complainer.

"the situation unsatisfactorily dealt with" what situation was it, only you heard this noise, and only you complained, and we never heard anything and live next door, and running to police with we heard a noise, and what noise and from where, you don't say your very loose with words and complain a lot, if you want to make a complaint to the police you do it, you’re the witness not us, that's what police are their there for, Bargara has to be the quietest place on earth apart from the sounds of waves.

In life everything is the way it is, not the way it’s supposed to be, that's why 98% of our customers come back to Kacys to enjoy themselves, who cares about some minor small petty things, and to blog it well what can I say, most people just get on with their lives, some days you win and some you lose, accept it, and perfect only exists in Sydney, and we're in bargara, not so perfect and different coffee, but that's why people love to come here, nice relaxing, peaceful, and the fantastic food at the famous Kacys restaurant, with a bit of help from the negative review writers perfect will happen, and pigs fly.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at Kacy's overnight on the 12/01/12 and had a meal in the Restaurant. The rooms were good and had everything we required. The bed was comfortable. In the Restaurant we ordered garlic bread and my wife had the grilled "wild" barrumindi served on "a bed creamy scalloped potatoes". She also had a bowl of garden salad which was priced extra on top of the meal. I had the lamb shanks. The garlic bread was very basic - 4 slices of french loaf with garlic butter spread on it. Upon being served our main meal my wife's barramundi was more akin to an entree than a main meal. It was served on slices of One very small potatoe (singular). I like others don't usually make a fuss or complain but just don't go back to places after such experiences. However on this occasion I was "insulted" that someone would pass this offering off as a main meal especially at the price which only included what I have mentioned. If you wanted any salad or anything else that was $6 plus extra. On this occasion I did make a complaint. Management advised that she looked at the fish after I registered my comlaint with the waitress and to her it did look small but she allegedly weighed it and it was 180grams. I don't believe this to be true as I have eaten 200 gram steaks which looked bigger than this fish. I mentioned that for the price there should be more fish served but I was told it was "wild" barramundi. I think I will ask for a "tame" one next time if it is bigger and costs less. I wish I would have taken a photo of this so as to prove my point. I finished my lamb shanks which was edibile and a good sized meal but nothing out of the ordinary. To their credit our money for the fish meal and salad was refunded as we hadn't touched the meal. My wife went across the road to the fish and chip shop and got a nice sized meal that cost a lot less. The waitress staff were pleasant, attentive and presentable. Kacy's Restaurant had a good reputation some years back which was spread via word of mouth. I hope this review is helpful in returning Kacy's to the standards of years gone by.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PaulTaylorGladstone
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hi Thanks for review.
“You meal more akin to an entrée” We sell hundreds of these wild barramundi meals a week and regular restaurant goers understand price “quantity and quality” and never one complaint about size or price, and no would never compare it to a tame Barra as you call it.

If I read this right, you were insulted over a portion controlled expensive wild Barra fillet that I don’t think you have eaten before. And you drew the conclusions with a tame Barra as you call it and a bit of fish from a fish shop, and you used a bit of steak you once ate as a comparison to size and weight of 200gms, if you had of tasted wild Barra you would never had wrote this, and that is what this is all about your knowledge on Barramundi pricing and size, as for answering the other stuff I think most people can read between the lines.
You complained about paying for a salad, fish and chip shop charges for all extras, your ludicrous expectations and your ignorance on food was the cause of your demise, then you proceeded to harass staff over price, and size, They foolishly relented to your demands to avoid a scene, and you got it all for free then sat and ate it all, truly amazing, why didn’t you just walk out if it was so bad, or was there another motive, a free meal?.
It works like this we set prices and portion controls, not you, we know what we can and have to sell for, we have been in this game for forty years and highly successful, the old saying those that can, do, and those that can’t want to tell everyone how.
Your fish from shop was not the fabulous grilled "wild" barramundi served on "a bed creamy scalloped potatoes, in a high quality restaurant fully staffed with chefs and the works and jerks, and you dare to compare price and size with a farmed muddy tasting tame Barra, you should have focused on eating quality and left the micrometer eye at home.
Kacys is not a small shop with a couple of deep fryers and plastic chairs, Didn’t you notice you’re in paradise, on a large deck overlooking the ocean in a first class restaurant selling first class quality food equal to anywhere in the world at a “quarter of the price” of the big cities, and we houses a vintage aged climate controlled browsing wine cellar, with a dozen different wines sold by the glass and lots of other fabulous selections of great food, ports, cakes and coffees, in a relaxed atmosphere, and soft sea breezes make for an enjoyable event . It’s the way you cope with the unimportant things that makes the difference as to whether you enjoy yourself or not, you upset yourself over your own lack of knowledge.
All this infrastructure, like buildings, staff, position, quality furniture, all costs and all you want is cheap big food in these really nice surroundings for free, this is not what we built Kacy’s for, and it was for those that can appreciate what we have done for this small community and everyone’s enjoyment.
We set our prices, we set portion controls, if we were to take one bit of notice of an amateur we would go BROKE, I have forty years of pricing and sourcing, tasting, products, and you got the benefit of it all for free, 98% of people enjoy what we supply, and the other 2% want to blog their confused knowledge.
You didn't eat it; blogs aren't known for truth, because you did.
And you "will ask for a tame one next time" that’s if it’s bigger and costs less, do you not understand we don’t sell the tame ones, small expensive and delicious is all you will get, that’s all we serve, plus large just edible lamb shanks, and the big chunks of fish and beef are up and down the road, if you can find somewhere still operating.

And even the tiny potatoes was a mystery to you, it went from “potatoes” to potato, it always sounds good on reviews to color them up a bit, they are very special and flavorsome, but you never got to taste it, too busy with price and a big spud, and you want the special grown baby salads for free I do not know where people get this free mentality from, we pay for them and so will you if you want them, nothing free, some people don't want a salad why should someone pay to subsidize yours, look around how many restaurants do you see, maybe went broke not charging for salads.
And to really color up review on rooms, cleanliness and service was all bad, then you say, the waitress staff were pleasant, attentive and presentable, unfortunately truth get stretch a lot on reviews.
Hope you enjoyed you meal.
Thanks for review; it’s given me a chance to straighten out a few myths about quality products.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and l like to get away for a few days at the end of the year, that's the only time we can afford it. last Christmas we went to stay at Kacys and found it very pleasant, clean rooms, friendly staff and a great restaurant. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gail1961
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed at Kacy's over the New Year weekend having previously stayed at Easter. Even though we were only there for 2 days it was a very relaxing beach break and it is central to everything so we didn't use our car at all the whole time we were there. There are 2 complexes - Coral Sands and Kacy's - our room was in Coral Sands and had a microwave and we had family members staying next door at Kacy's. Having seen the rooms in both complexes the rooms in Kacy's are a bit nicer and have views of the beach from the balcony if you are on an upper level and it was a great place to see in the New Year. However we found the rooms in Coral Sands to be quite adequate as well - your room choice will depend on how much you want to pay and whether you want a view or not. The thing we really liked about this place is they don't have any minumum stay requirements over the holiday periods - we were only able to stay 2 nights and yet they were able to accomodate us even though it was peak season. Nice spot to stay in a beautiful part of the world.

Room Tip: If you don't want a view of the beach get the cheaper rooms in Coral Sands - if a balcony is imp...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DanMish
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We recently dined at Kacy's while on our family holiday in Bargara, which looked beautiful from the outside. We have 4 children aged 8 and under so asked for the kids meals to come out first. They served my husbands entree first. They quickly came out with the kids meals after being asked again and they were barely eaten. Our children enjoy a huge variety of food (their Dad is a chef) but the kids steak burger had raw onion on it. Seriously, for kids under 12??? My husbands Bouillabaisse came out and when he asked where some of the ingredients of the dish were (mussels being one of the main ones), he was told they were out of mussels so they gave him extra of something else. It was watery and NOT up to scratch for the prices they were charging. He had been looking forward to trying some tasty seafood the whole time we were there. When he spoke to the owner about it upon leaving, he was dismissed and told "well, that just happens". Very disappointing experience all round and we will NOT be returning. We had a much nicer meal and experience at an Asian restaurant in Bundaberg the next day for almost a quarter of the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ang W
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Hi Thanks for review.
Peak season is when everyone wants to go on holidays, we try and be fair and deal with this enormous influx of people. Your meals came out fast, at this time of the year that kitchen is stressed to the max, why not come in low season.
And when people want to talk to the owners there is a time and a place if it's so important, it's time consuming stuff when were busy, everyone thinks their bit of input we need, honestly everyone is an expert food critic and Bargara is not exactly the center of the universe for excess staff, restaurants are closing down daily because critics think they can always do better and they are the ones that usually go broke if they dare enter the industry.
You could say we are a bit comment deaf after years of being told how, and if we go broke we can do it all on our own without help, we can listen to a valid complaint, and by reading this I don't think you had a big problem you just blew it out of proportion over a bit of raw onion, and the missing mussel as he said "it happens", why let it ruin your night.
Forty years of listening to comments, and now you have a blog where you can write anything you like, I don’t even know what truth is anymore it become blurred by perceptions and opinions, what was it you wanted him to do over a missing mussel and raw onions rings on a steak burger, I personal do not know what you wanted, maybe a free meal what is it that people want us to do over miniscule little nothing things, sack the chef, rant and rave, make a song and dance, go out into a stressed out kitchen and give him one of three letters warning him he’s got the sack if it happens again, it’s not that simple, and I’m afraid it is not in my nature to worry about something so trivial.
And the "seriously for kids under 12 years of age" eating a raw onion ring, seriously I just don't get that one either, and maybe the missing mussel upset you, sorry about that, we sell dozens of these every day and yours was the only complaint I don't think you would have known there was a mussel missing if it had not been written in the menu, you didn’t get robbed and knowing the chef I’m sure he would have more than compensated for the missing mussel by putting in a lot more expensive extras, you would have come out on top of the deal but no you just had to have a say, and were all listened out.
It’s a fabulous dish mussel or no mussel it doesn’t affect the flavor, but it was watery to you, but to no one else, it has so many other seafood ingredients a mussel is irreverent to the quality or taste, there are lots of other great ingredients not just mussel, like Morten bay bugs in their shell, oysters, fish, calamari, squid, prawns, and made in succulent bouillabaisse fish stock sauce.

Life is not always the way it's supposed to be, it is the way it is, and it is the way you cope that makes the difference as to whether you enjoy yourself or not, and an onion ring and missing mussel hmm.
I think you upset yourself, then you want us to believe your "quarter price Asian food was much nicer", it might have suited your budget better, but definitely not in the same league that's just you doing what some people do, sounding off making rash statements on reviews that aren’t know for exacting truth, like the up and down the road and Asia food statements, to where it’s always better, like our usual place or it was too small to large, and not as good as last time and the flavor has fallen off a bit, the one across the roads better and on and on it goes, very ordinary, and this is why the review industry has lost its credibility, as truth and facts get jumbled up with emotions and cheap and size becomes the main issue, all over perceptions and opinions of those that haven’t a clue, and all the unwarranted comment from people that went out to dinner for all the wrong reasons.

Take a good look around you when you’re in Kacys, you’re not eating in a tin shed, its classy, look at the ambience, the position, the quality, the extensive menu with food you cannot buy elsewhere, the extensive collection of premium aged wines you cannot buy elsewhere, the sea views, the size of Kacys large comfortable deck, it’s art works and decor, enjoy the soft music, it’s not cramped seating, the ability to buy a single glass of many different variety of wines kept under special condition so the wine is good to the last drop, finish off with one of the many excellent ports and deserts on display, and special instantly ground best tasting coffee, cocktails to die for that very few know how to mix, all of this cost money and we never stop hearing from learners in life on a blog, too expensive and ridiculous comments on food, we never spent millions of dollars to compete with the burger and Asian places, burgers we do as a favor with a raw onion ring, that’s how we make them, and who do we listen to..
I have never read one negative review that didn't exaggerate color up or stretch the truth, or just plain straight out lie, who would ever know what’s truth on a blog, only us people you write about. And ulterior motives and emotions on comparisons based mainly on cheap from somewhere that does not do the same type of food we do, and comments from those that have never done the job and complain too expensive because they either can’t afford it or just love to beat the want everything cheaper drum.
Always demanding cheaper on products not the same or even similar has muddied the review industry to a point we take no notice, in days past it used to be the local gossip, now it’s on a blogs and wearing thin.
I don't really know what a comment is supposed to prove as most have no idea as to what they are commenting about, and if we go broke because we didn't listen to an armchair expert then so be it that's our business, we have been going broke for forty five years, and we're past listening so a waste of time commenting over an onion ring..
We seem to have muddled by for many years and managed to build fantastic businesses without peoples help or flawed advice, and time has made us domestic deaf, to listen to those that don't know, is to walk a perilous road with broke the end result.
You pay half of what you would pay if you went to the big smoke, at this stage in life most wouldn’t know their still learning about life, and going out to a Kacys is not something done daily, Kacys exists because it is very, very good and existed for a long time, you just failed to get it, price consumed your thoughts and a missing mussel and raw onion on a burger.

Asian food was a quarter of the price and much nicer, that means nothing to us, there is no comparison with Asian food, the reason this restaurant was set up was because there was a gap in fine food, no one sold it, overseas buyers are prepared to pay the big bucks for quality, we export our best products, and from the success of Kacys so are lot of Aussies are prepared to pay, if we had of wanted an Asian or burger joint we would have built it, we're not selling it out of a tin shed, it’s a pretty snazzy looking restaurant overlooking the ocean, not up the road somewhere looking at a shop front, the building and position is also expensive, when you take everything into account it all costs money, you want it , pay, and if it’s not done to your specification’s we can’t change what works and not broken just to suit what you think is right or not perfect, the old saying if it’s not broke don’t fix it, we cannot afford to listen to or change just to suit the bloggers, so what have you achieved, nothing, and perfect does not exist.

Thanks very much for your review and for giving me a chance to tell our side of the restaurant business. .

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I stopped at Kacy’s for breakfast this morning, looking forward to being served a scrumptious breakfast; however this was not to be the case.

My breakfast choice was Lamb’s fry with bacon and toast, which on arrival to the table I was informed by the waitress the lamb’s fry was a smaller portion so had been given more bacon, would this be ok? As I was hungry I agreed, as I did not want to wait any longer for my food.

It was not long before I regretted this decision. The small piece of lamb’s fry still had sinews attached was inedible and even the chef agreed that was so, so why may I ask was it served to a customer? It was in onion gravy, overcooked, and would appear to have been microwaved from frozen and tasted so disgusting I couldn’t eat it. I even told the waitress I was feeling nauseous after tasting the lamb’s fry.

I did receive a refund for my breakfast however this is not the issue. I would rather pay more for a meal I can enjoy, recommend to others and even have the same meal again in the knowledge that the standards are consistent. This is not the case with this establishment. Locally it has a reputation of being ‘up & down’ from neighbors, friends and colleagues, which is consistent with my own experience of dining at Kacy’s in the last five years. I have only had ONE good meal with excellent service from start to finish. This was soon after refurbishment.

Today this is the first time I have actually complained at the point of contact and followed up with a letter, usually I vote with my feet however my wife persuaded me to try again, and yet again I was disappointed. To be fair so was my wife, her poached eggs were over cooked though still edible she did not really enjoy them.

I trust my comments will be utilized as a learning tool to improve the standards at Kacy’s so that the local residents can have a restaurant with 5* standards.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pincher06
KellysOwner, Owner at Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Hi Thanks for the review.
Disappointed again, restaurants are funny places we get to see all the different varieties of people, some people are such a joy to serve, they ooze happy and come with the right attitude, they don't use the micrometer eye looking for faults, and aren't petty nit pickers, after they leave we go home happy, for them we go the extra mile, they never complain and easy to deal with, a plus they are grateful for everything we do, and they go to dinner for all the right reasons, at night we often spend a bit of time and stay open longer to show our appreciation, these people aren't politically correct and not trying to get others to create a perfect world for them via comments most of them know how the world works and achieve things for themselves, so we understand one another..
There is always the minority that is never happy, they think going to a restaurant is going to give them this wonderful experience and fix their problems, and happy is something you bring with you.
From my vast experience in the hospitability industry I have found in small towns some of locals can be terrible knockers, knock the tall poppy syndrome if someone is good lets bag them, and I have always had to listen to it but never ever said much but enough is enough, they tend to over exaggerate everything and awful gossipers, and we do live in this imperfect world, perfect doesn't exist.
and why do you keep coming back if it's so bad, disgusting and nauseous, and after five years your still not happy and only ever had one good meal, yeah and pigs fly, we're booked out every night, we all eat it every day and it’s fantastic food, and 10 years ago was when we first opened not 5.

"I trust my comments will be utilized as a learning tool to improve the standards at Kacy’s so that the local residents can have a restaurant with 5* standards", DID I READ THIS RIGHT. You still want to come back after the puke and disgusting statement and in 5 years you have only had one good meal, stop exaggerating and why bother coming.
We're not changing what we do to upset those that love it, I see another couple of hamburger joints have been built in the area, I wonder why.

If I don't like food in a place I never complain I never go back, and I would never be so rude to try and tell another person how to do a job or drive them nuts with unwarranted comments, what makes you think we want to make the place into something more than we have now just to please your friends, Kacys is already hundreds of notches way past what you deserve, and I certainly wouldn't bother to just please a small minority, your exaggerating goes way over the top, I am always suspicious of people that want to air their grievances on a blog, do they have an ulterior motive, and you do keep coming back for more, this in its self is amazing, are you giving us another chance of utilizing you’re learning tools, what tools are they.
It’s not going to happen, we’ve done enough , that's the style of food we serve and 98% love it why change that for a minority with micrometer eyes always looking for bad, cast your mind back to what you had in Bargara before we built Kacys, fights, brawls, chooks and flies, we cleaned the lot up and built beautiful Kacys named after my granddaughter, and now you want more, you have to do that yourself.

We think what we give now is way over the top for quality and service, we're not interested in the chastising from a few amateur that are never happy, and we except the fact there are some that can never be pleased, and if you want more build your own restaurant with your money, we're happy with what we have, even if you’re not, and so are 98% of our other customers, end of story, you can always go to that other beautiful restaurant in Bargara, you know the one where all the dreamers go that's always better and greater, the elsewhere one that doesn't exist.

Bargara is not the big city where they have a large pool of workers to choose from, and cities have more people willing to pay a lot more and most not as good as us, we are forever training new people, and we lose some because of the knockers club that has this idea of creating an environment of perfection in a very small town that has no other restaurants like Kacys, when Bargara gets people with talent they don't stay, I'm one that left, everything is too expensive, not enough of this or that, too small, too much to large, too much to choose from, menu to big, and the pea was over cooked on the right side of the plate mentality, talent Bargara can ill afford to lose but unfortunately has, driven out with trivial complaints.
Kacys is booked out most of the time, and funny how Kacys is widely acclaimed by well-travelled international tourists and locals alike as being amongst one the best they have ever been to, especially the ones that have been around and see the difference, I know their right because I have travelled a lot and been in the industry 40 Years.
It's a fact there are no other places like Kacys anywhere in the area, it was built from the heart, no one does that anymore, be grateful, who is going to spend all that money and pay for all the infrastructure and the massive amounts of logistics to keep the place going, the wine cellar alone is worth 3 times more than the cost of building an average restaurant, all taken for granted, I think familiarity has bred contempt.
Have you ever considered building one yourself so your friends can have what you think is your version of five star * standards, that would be fun to watch, we could then really learn to utilize you as a learning tool to improve our standards .
Bargara had nothing, from nothing to now it’s got the little group of misinformed experts that think they are entitled to something greater and more special because they are local, special service, special attention, special food, and a special way to cook it just for them, and they think we have to give them special time to discuss our faults, it’s a business not a central meeting place for the would be if they could bee's to have their private club and continually lecture and exaggerate thing to insults about a job they have never done and cannot do, and to be told we should be "utilizing their learning tools".

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bargara
Kellys Beach Resort
#5 of 13 in Bargara
Burnett Riverside Motel
Burnett Riverside Motel
#9 of 17 in Bundaberg

Been to Kacy's Bargara Beach Motel Complex? Share your experiences!