“First timers”

Bargara Beach Caravan Park
Tumut, Australia
“First timers”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First time travellers to Bargara beach caravan park, the site are on the large side, very few cement slabs. We were disappointed to find with over 100 vans on site on a rainy day there were only two clothes dryers for the entire park, I queued for three hours to use the dryer !!(well kept returning to the laundry till it was free). TV reception was atrocious..... And no mention of digital service was given to us, we will not be recommending this park in its present state !!

1 Thank Janette W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The whole caravan park is well past it's use by date and pretty sure that it will soon disappear to make way for beachfront units.

I'd have to say that the owners are very pleasant and helpful. However they appear to be making the most of their time left to cram as many people in as possible. This includes parking up in places that are not really sites.

The tiolet block is ancient and totally inadequate.

2 Thank janice000
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

have been coming to this park for the last 3 years and staying about 3 or 4 months we really enjoy our time here.
Management and staff are very friendly and helpful and now we have perfect tv reception
We are booked for next year and will recommend this park to friends and family

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice location but not well run. Staff not informed on sites. When booking we were told the site was long and wide and would fit our van with slide out bed plus put up the annex. We arrived and paid only to find the site had two large trees in the middle of the site. We could just get the van in between the trees but could put out the awning of annex. Went back to the office and the staff looked at me as if I was stupid when I told them the van wouldn't fit on the site. When I said we couldn't put with the awning her attitude was so whats the problem. We were initially told there were no more sites before being found another site. Not impressed with the attitude of the staff. They should know the site and tell people if trees will impact of the amount of space to set up camp especially if you have requested a site where you can put up your annex. Needs updating of facilities.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RoundAustralia10

Travelers are raving about these Bargara hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived late afternoon a coupke of days ago without a booking. We were warmly greeted and offered an unpowered site which was fine as we have solar. We were advised of the areas we could camp in and told we could pick were we set up. It is a lovely grassy area and much quieter being away from the powered sites. This place gets very busy but have found the amenities to be well maintained, including the laundry which I made good use of! All in all, a pleasant park and good experience. Great position!

Room Tip: If you have the option, go for an unpowered site
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joszoo
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have camped at Bargara beach caravan park off and on since the mid 80's. Every time I stayed I had a great time including the last time. This was the first time I stayed their without my wife. However when we left I was treated like a second class citizen by the staff. I didn't do anything different to any of my previous stays. Except that my wife didn't come with me. In fact I left Bargara exactly the same way I left the the big 4 Park in Cania Gorge two nights earlier and I couldn't fault the staff there.

I had my camper trailer packed up before 10am and moved out of the way of other campers after which I took my kids down to the council play area and skate park across the road. Which is outside the van park. I didn't think leaving my car parked inside the grounds of the van park would be a problem as there was hardly anybody staying in the park. the nearest other group of campers was approximately 50 meters away and the other families that I was staying with were staying another two nights. so leaving my car was not really an issue. After my kids had had enough at the the council play area outside the caravan park we said our goodbyes walked back to the car said goodbye to the rest of our friends near to where I left my car and trailer and proceeded to head off. This is when everything went pearshaped. Where ever I stay I always upon leaving go to the reception and make sure I am square before leaving. Firstly I couldn't get out the boom gate, no staff attempted to come out of the office to explain why the code wouldn't work. They simply ignored me. When I came in to tell them my code wasn't working they informed me if I wanted the boom gate raised I had to pay a further 10 dollars. I asked them what was that for and they said late check out. This I can't understand when I wasn't in the park after 10am I was across the road. I simply left my car inside. Then the staff member I was dealing with doubted that I was there with my kids without my wife. I didn't quite understand what she was asking me until she went outside to see if my wife was hiding in the back seat, I can only assume that because she didn't explain why she suddenly walked out to look in my car. The staff's actions upon our leaving the park made me feel extremely second rate. I would have thought that they would have encouraged me to return by asking me did we enjoy ourselves at least and wished me a safe trip home. Instead they embarrassed me and made me feel like crap. It would take a fairly serious apology before I would consider returning.

13 Thank stephen m
BargaraBeachCvanPark, Manager at Bargara Beach Caravan Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Stephen M

We thank you for your comments and for staying at Bargara Beach Caravan Park, over the years. We appreciate all feedback and are sorry that you had a unpleasant experience when leaving the park. As you would have been aware based on your past stays and on the terms of your booking, all guests are required to check out by 10am on the day of departure. This means leaving the premises by this time, unless you have made prior arrangements with our Customer Reservations Team. On the day of your departure you chose to enjoy the area and our facilities for a while longer with your family, departing mid afternoon at a time when we were busy welcoming our guests arriving for their stay. This is why you were asked to pay a late departure surcharge.

We do hope to see you and your family again Steven.
South coast NSW
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great location, plenty of good sized sites, however amenities block needs updating and tv reception is very poor.other parks with similar reception issues have a master tv aerial and a cable system to each site. Connection cable then is hired from reception. Locals advised the whole area of Barbara has poor reception.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kcandthecook
Thanks for your feedback, we are delighted to inform you we have taken onboard feedback from guests and have installed satellite digital free to air tv reception within the park. In relation to the amenities blocks, we are in negotiations with our landlord, the local council, about having them renovated. We appreciate constructive feedback such as this, as we are always striving to improve the service offered to our guests. We hope to see you sometime in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bargara
Kelly's Beach Resort
Woodgate Beach Tourist Park
Manta Bargara Resort
Manta Bargara Resort
#1 of 5 in Bargara

Been to Bargara Beach Caravan Park? Share your experiences!