“Love this place”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

As a local I love the atmosphere that Butchers Block has brought to our lovely village of Wahroonga. I regularly have my coffee here with friends but yesterday I treated my son to lunch and we were greeted and seated very swiftly at the front of the restaurant. To my delight they are now licensed but unfortunately with a busy afternoon ahead had to decline the temptations of wine! My son chose the infamous beef pie with mash and I had the delicious chicken walnut and rocket sandwich. We were not disappointed and the pie certainly lived up to its name. Coffee's to follow. The staff are very efficient and friendly which makes the visit to Butchers block even more special. Keep up the great work guys!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a really nice time in this new chic café. To start with, we had to wait for about 15 minutes for a table but with a close by bookshop this wasn't a problem whatsoever. I knew already about the peanut butter malted milkshake and had to order it again as it is soooo good and naughty! I don't wanna imagine how many snickers they put in but once you try it, you can't stop drinking until you slowly and certainly hit the bottom. We tried the Pear smoothie, beautiful cappuccino and Big Breakfast with delicious Black pudding and Bacon and eggs with sourdough bread. Will definitely be back for some of the displayed cakes and the wicked milkshake ;)

1  Thank SmoopsiPoo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This has become my favourite place for breakfast in the area. Good coffee, well cooked and well presented meals and the staff are friendly and helpful. It's getting harder to find a table now more and more people of finding the place! There is a great atmosphere, although the 'industrial' fit-out does make it noisy. Easy, free parking behind the building and a very short stroll from the Wahroonga train station.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Being a local we come here often. George who runs the place is very accommodating and the staff including Farad are quick to serve and everyone is friendly. The cafes in Wahroonga are great but the Block offers a trendy good value location with a variety of creative dishes. Having opened recently, the site was once a butcher shop for a 100 years in Wahroonga and my Mom used to get her roasts from here. The deco boasts all the icons of a typical butcher shop but in a taseteful way to offer an old world charm in a modern environment. You cannot book, but turn up and they always find a table for you either in the sun drenched balcony or comfy casual indoor dining area. Vegetarian meals also served!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have visited here several times for lunch and have noticed declining changes in this cafe. Some staff are not attentive, having to ask for table water twice and cutlery is not ok, there is a different vibe here now. Unless service picks up to the opening standard, this cafe is going to lose customers. We have also found great inconsistency with coffee which is really disappointing. With a party of three, you are seated on a table for two and very close to the table next to you. Or on a bar table with stools which is communal. The vibe, service and coffee is letting this place down.

9  Thank Quince A