“Best restaurant in Orange.... Nice people and good value for the money!!!”
Review of Silk Mill Grille

Silk Mill Grille
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve American style food including our exceptional Baked French Onion soup, homemade Crab Dip and Spinach Dip, Hand cut 100% Angus Beef Steaks, slow cooked Baby Back Ribs, filling Pasta dishes, and daily specials. As of August 2009 we are a non-smoking restaurant inside with an accommodating outdoor patio smoking section. For fresh homemade food and a casual friendly atmosphere the Silk Mill Grille is the place to go. We offer lunch and dinner Tuesday through Friday and Dinner Saturday and Sunday. We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express and Orange is a very small town in the middle of nowhere between Charlottesville (45 min) and Fredericksburg (35 min).

I didn't want to order some pizza or take out food on this lovely Friday evening so I asked around and I've been told this was the best restaurant in town...

I was warmly welcome and the waitress gave me good special of the day options and was knowledgeable of her menu...

I tried the French onion soup...interesting... A little bit too salty to my taste but still pretty good...

Then I had the beef tips with mashed potatoes...actually very good... And a side of tortellini as well...

I had a good Virginia red wine blend, not a great wine but a good table wine after all...

I enjoyed my meal... A little bit noisy and family style - not good for romantic evening ;-) but great for business trip in a small little town doing their best to offer some decent meals to their residents, visitors and tourists!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

A little gem in Orange county is this restaurant. just visiting the area but we will be sure to come back. the french onion soup was ahit with my husband and my son got the grilled chicken with bacon, bbq and cheese sandwich. I had the chicken florentine and it was very good. The wait staff was very friendly.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Was April 9th, 2013 when the wife and I went to Silk Mill Grille for dinner. Was referred by The Holladay House Bed & Breakfast ( Which was a very nice place to stay.) We came in an sat ourselves. A waitress came and told us someone would be with us shortly. Well they forgot about us. two couples and a family came in after us and were served drinks and orders taken. One of the couples even got their food. I figured the business didn't want my money,so we left.I talk to someone in charge,I believe to be the owner about our experience. She gave her deepest apology and wanted us to come back and give them another chance.I couldn't due we were headed back N.C. The lady offered us gift certificate and would mail it to our home in N.C. WELL SHE FORGOT,in the letter I recieved it 05-22-13. I sending the certificate back, thanks but no thanks. Work on your customer service. Jeff Newcomb 145 South Mills Rd. Moyock,N.C.

1  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed May 4, 2013

we were touring Virginia and came upon the Silk Mill Grille. The place is adorned with antiques. The great surprise were the quesadias with steak.....very good! The draft beer selection was limited but they did have a local brew devil's tower-not bad

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The good thing about this restaurant is that there are few decent restaurants in the area - mostly fast food joints. We travel Hwy. 15 quite a bit and are glad to have a restaurant option. There is nothing special about the Silk Mill Grille other than the building which is interesting. The food is very average. At least you can get a salad with some dark greens and not all ice burg lettuce. I had a salmon salad and the salmon had obviously been pre-frozen (probably for a long time!!) but was palatable. My partner ordered a bowl of soup (mushroom something or other) with her entree and it was awful! However, this place is still better than the other choices in town. Our waitress was, as the meal, average. I would eat here again as a traveler but would certainly not seek out the place if I was a local.