“25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner 4-26-14”
Review of Elmwood at Sparks - CLOSED

Elmwood at Sparks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
mechanicsville,VA
“25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner 4-26-14”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is amazing! Elmwood at Sparks was recommended to us by the innkeepers at the Inn on Poplar Hill. They made the reservation for us. When we arrived, our menus were custom printed at the top with "Happy 25th Anniversary, Stacie and Jeff". What a nice surprise!! They gave us the menus to take home as souvenirs. The atmosphere was wonderful, service was great, and the food was to die for! I had the filet, which you didn't have to cut and it melted in your mouth. Perfect! My husband had the tile fish and fried oysters. All of the flavors in both entrees complimented each other so well. It was just delicious!! We are still talking about how everything was so good! My husband even called them to tell them how much we enjoyed everything!!! I would highly recommended dining at this establishment and we hope to go back again soon.

Manistee, Michigan
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We dined at Elmwood at Sparks just a few hours after getting married nearby. We were very surprised by the congratulatory message on the menus! The service was attentive but not overbearing, and the dinner was phenomenal. The restaurant is small and intimate, and priced extremely reasonably. We'll return when we're back in Orange!

Visited April 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I spent several days touring the Charlottesville, Virginia area and stayed in Orange. I honestly don't know how we found Elmwood on Sparks but however we arrived there we couldn't be more grateful or delighted. A friendly staff welcomed us and the wait staff was knowledgeable, well trained and the service was excellent.. Food presentation is always a nice touch and at Elmwood at Sparks each dish was beautifully plated and very attractive. But, of course whenever you visit a restaurant the food is key to a wonderful dining experience and this time it was fabulous, We so enjoyed everything we ordered and wished we could have tried more of the offerings! It was certainly a matter of coveting thy neighbors dinner. We have traveled and eaten in restaurants all over the world, but for our money Elmwood on Sparks is second to none. We hope we can return one day soon.

Easton, Maryland
“Great Meal!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My mother and I visited Orange, VA for an extended weekend and asked several locals to point us in the direction of a good restaurant. The first recommendation we received was for Elmwood at Sparks, and we were blown away with how delicious the meal was! On Thursday evenings they boast a 3 courses for $35 special which is fantastic! My mom and I both ordered the Filet Mignon and it was DELICIOUS! Great wine list, as well as delicious desserts. Highly recommend!

Orange, Virginia
“A gem for a quiet dinner out or a private party.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten here a number of times for special occasions and special events. The service is lovely and the good surpasses that of other restaurants in the area in the same price range.

• Visited June 2013