“Excellent food. Good value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elmwood at Sparks - CLOSED

Elmwood at Sparks
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
teolives
“Excellent food. Good value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2008

Food was great. We went for a late lunch. I had quiche and soup and my wife had a salad with salmon. All of it was beautifully prepared and delicious.

Restaurant was impeccably clean and very reasonably priced.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Dan P

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been here a few times for lunch and had great sandwiches, salads, and quiches. But I came here for my birthday...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

I've been here a few times for lunch and had great sandwiches, salads, and quiches. But I came here for my birthday dinner back in October and the chicken with crusted goat cheese, orzo, and broccoli I ordered was so salty it was barely edible and gave me a headache. I wasn't impressed at all, I'll stick to lunch from now on.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The only upper-scale restaurant in the town of Orange. There is a great chef and the menu changes every week.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2007

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A lovely, sun-filled room and delicious gourmet food. Fantastic soups, silky quiches and a terrific portabella...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

A lovely, sun-filled room and delicious gourmet food. Fantastic soups, silky quiches and a terrific portabella mushroom sandwich. Great place for lunch if you are visiting James Madison's Montpelier or the Barboursville Winery.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Virginia
“Elmwood at Sparks is a fantastic upscale dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Many businesses have occupied the Spark's building--formerly an old grocery store, it has also been The Spark's Deli. Spark's Deli is no longer in business--a new restaurant called Elmwood at Sparks has moved in.

This restaurant has amazing food, created by Chef Randy Cooper--I personally think his soups are fantastic. Although Elmwood at Sparks is priced a little high for this area, the food is well worth the investment! The dining room is a comfortable, yet intimate setting, and is often busy for lunch. Elmwood at Sparks opens for dinner on weekends, which is a special treat. The last time I ate there, Chef Cooper prepared some of the best tasting and best presented filet mignon I have ever eaten. Elmwood at Sparks also hosts numerous special events, and provides catering services. Chef Cooper also will conduct a monthly cooking class, which is a special treat. I highly recommend!

4 Thank Herman308