“Christmas Eve dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Small simple cafe style. Food was very good, but a little too expensive for the quality of atmosphere, table setting, and service. Noisy kitchen in the room.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

After two lunches and a dinner at Elmwood at Sparks, I'm putting it on my "most favored" list. At dinner recently I had seared skate (never seen that on a menu before!) and it was outstanding. Companions had mountain trout and sea scallops, both of which I tasted, and both of which were superior. My wife had filet that she raved about.
Caught lunch there last Saturday. They were doing burgers. This was the first burger I've ever had that was a meal in itself, topped with the largest hunk of blue cheese I've seen outside a wrapper. Wife had a fruit trifle for dessert that was to die for. Service all three times was great.
I'm going back.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Elmwood offers cafe like salads, sandwich's and food. The food is good but not the best quality and not the freshest. The service was also kind of slow, but maybe that's what should be expected in Orange. There aren't many choices in Orange, so this may be your best bet, unless you travel about 20 minutes further to Pomme which is fantastic.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The food was excellent. The atmosphere is rather casual and the restaurant is located in a store front on the main street. Staff was very friendly and accomadating.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Elmwood at Sparks is as good as any restaurant you would find in Washington, DC or any other large city. The staff are also very nice. I have never seen anyone do what they did with escargot as the special last weekend - escargot with gargonzola cheese! It was amazing. On the flipside, the next day we went back for lunch and I had one of the best, most simple green salads with grilled chicken that I have ever eaten. If you ever go to Orange, VA or pass through, make plans to vist this place. You will not regret it.