“One of the best burgers I've had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlottesville, Virginia
“One of the best burgers I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Am I glad we were near Orange! We were in Orange and did a quick search on here to see if there were any good restaurants and this stood out. Liked the location in an old building with the open kitchen. Not a lot of decor, but bright and open. I also liked how simple the menu was--burgers, hot dogs, a couple of sandwiches, soups, and sides, and that is it! I had the bacon cheeseburger and thought it was great--juicy with a bit of crunch. Fries are hand cut and are really, really, really good. The hint of Old Bay really makes them stand out. Had the hand cut sweet potato fries as well...very different from any sweet potato fries I've had but they were also really good (liked the Old Bay here too). The whole family loved it and my wife said, "better than 5 guys." We'll make the drive back to Orange to eat here again. Fantastic!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great burgers and super friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's similar to a Five Guys, with super juicy burgers and a giant helping of fries, but also very small town friendly atmosphere. Across the tracks from the train station, enjoy your burger while the trains rumble by. Owner stopped by to chat a couple of times and to make sure everything was good. The fries have an in-house made seasoning mix, similar to Old Bay, so definitely order them if you like heavily seasoned fries. The grilled cheese sandwich and chili seemed popular - I'll try them next time. All it needs is a milk shake machine and I would be in burger heaven.

Visited January 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“Oh my gracious...burger heaven!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Just walked out of Wise Guys after eating the best burger ever...literally! The single was filling and the grilled onions divine...his double was a show stopper...the meat was plentiful, rich, and tasty...all other items superb as well. Can't wait to return!

Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burgers in Virginia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I think this just might be the best burger I have ever had, and the fries are great too. Just a great place ... Friendly staff, fun when a freight train goes rumbling by 5 feet outside the window ... Really enjoyable all around. People at a table near us had a BLT which looked incredible too, and the owner mentioned a 7-cheese mac and cheese which has to be good! Can't wait to go back

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael E
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really good burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the beef burger (one patty) and my wife had a veggie burger. We both had cheese and lots of additional stuff on them. Both our burgers were very good, perfectly cooked, excellent toppings (the beefsteak tomatoes were both fresh and delicious). The fries were tasty, although they didn't hold up well when they cooled off (overall, I'd give the fries a 7 out of 10 and the burger a 9 out of 10). Nice people running the place. Nice casual, but clean atmosphere. Will go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Wise Guys? Share your experiences!